Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Northeastern University MSA/MBA or potentially UNC Macc?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Northeastern University MSA/MBA or potentially UNC Macc? [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 13:51
I've applied to both schools, had and interview with NE and got in with a partial scholarship. UNC interview is in a few days.

I was wondering which program would be a better fit? UNC is a much higher ranked school but NE has two degrees. (I'm not sure if I'd want to go through all the trouble of retaking the GMAT and applying to a 'better' MBA program in the future)

UNC:
Pros- Near home (Atlanta), higher ranked program, great school and campus (I've visited in the past), good placement with big4 and top regional firms.
Cons- large group of students accepted (~120)..perhaps less individual attention? Staff (the couple of email interactions I've had with UNC have been cold)

NE:
Pros- Boston is a great city to live in, dual degree program, 10K scholarship, internship with near 100% placement, VERY friendly and caring staff, really good rapport with NYC and Boston big4 and regional firms, smaller number of students (~70).
Cons- Cold (but bearable), MBA program isn't highly ranked-51st overall- (but not sure if that diminishes its value?), further away from home and more likely to get a job offer from that area than here (although I suppose I could transfer a couple years after starting work there)

I want to initially work with a big4 and ultimately (much further down the road) work as a financial consultant and/or as a CFO for arch firms. (or possibly a just stick with a big4 depending on how I like it).

I feel either school would be great to attend, but it's still a tough decision! Any thoughts or advice would be great! thanks!

GMAT: 640
GPA: 3.4
GPA Past 60hrs: 3.55
Undergrad Major: Architecture
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Northeastern University MSA/MBA or potentially UNC Macc?   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2013, 13:51