Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 255 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Michalky,

You have my admiration. That is an inspiring story. It inspires me because I now feel that I have no excuse to fret about working long hours and also prepare for the GMAT.

Also going from 550 to 650 is a good thing. I hope you take heart from your good Verbal performance and keep it up the next time while improving your Math.

Good luck and Godspeed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
What a humble story :flower. Although my life story was arduous, it is litterally belittled by yours! How much courage and dedication you do have and I am glad to have been able to help you out, however little it could have been. With this kind of story, you are absolutely right that it sets you apart from the other 99% of applicants. I really wish you all the best and should you decide to take the test again, we are here with you.

Paul, I will continue participating in this forum although now I will try to focus on essays more. After I apply (btw I will be applying to LBS as well, let's discuss this further if you have some information to share, and you are willing to share : )))), I might try to retake the gmat - just because I feel like I am very close to get the perfect score. But, on the other hand, I can just devote the time to shaping my french :).

Thanks for your feedback. It means a lot to me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
HIMALAYA wrote:
michalky,

Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!

650 is a good score. Qt section pulled you down. from your posts, it is clear that there is a sufficient room for improvement. you can iprove your qt score to 50 and verbal 40+ so that you can easily cross 7xx hurdle. So retake is best for you...

All the best...

Himalaya...

Thanks so much. I started seeing your posts when I actively "rejoined" the gmat club a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed your contributions in the verbal section.
You are right, there is space for improvement. What am I more debating now, however, is - do I wanna spend additional month studying and possibly getting 700, or is this score enough to apply for the best schools. I believe it's enough because as long as they read your application (meaning if your GMAT is over let's say 620), you have the same chance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
AJB77 wrote:
Michalky,

You have my admiration. That is an inspiring story. It inspires me because I now feel that I have no excuse to fret about working long hours and also prepare for the GMAT.

Also going from 550 to 650 is a good thing. I hope you take heart from your good Verbal performance and keep it up the next time while improving your Math.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Hi : ) ,
People admire the brave act of "immigrating to the us". I call it studidity, who else than an idiot would come to the Big Apple with just 500 dollars and no work permit? : )))

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate every word you said.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
very inspiring story. thanks for sharing your experience.

Praetorian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 580 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
michalky,
wow a very inspiring story. I admire your determination! I have no doubt you'll be successful in what you do!! Congratulations.

regards,
gmataquaguy
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I agree that it is still possible to be accepted to the elite/ultraelite schools with a score of 650. However, a higher score would be helpful, especially since the Quant component is a bit low for the schools of the two top clusters.

Your story should resonate well with the admissions officers. However, do not forget that many of your fellow applicants can also present compelling personal accounts.

Hjort
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
very inspiring story, michalky. congrats - 650 is indeed a good score. it's june now and i believe that if you redo the exam in another one month perhaps, focusing on your quant, you should improve. why not try the exam again sometime in july (maybe end of july).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I agree that it is still possible to be accepted to the elite/ultraelite schools with a score of 650. However, a higher score would be helpful, especially since the Quant component is a bit low for the schools of the two top clusters.

Your story should resonate well with the admissions officers. However, do not forget that many of your fellow applicants can also present compelling personal accounts.

Hjort

Hjort, this is very true and indeed, I am aware of it. I am 90 percent persuaded to start looking at quant, tempted to take the test again as I know I would score higher. I will give it a couple more days and probably start looking at different quant sources for the gmat because that's what I am having troubles with.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Arsene_Wenger wrote:
very inspiring story, michalky. congrats - 650 is indeed a good score. it's june now and i believe that if you redo the exam in another one month perhaps, focusing on your quant, you should improve. why not try the exam again sometime in july (maybe end of july).

Arsene,

Very true, although I don't really consider 650 "a good score" .. I have 2 months to retake the exam and as I mentioned, I might come back with another post focused on "how to improve quant" : )
You are absolutely right, if you focus on one area for a couple weeks, you should score more.

..tempting ...

michal
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts