Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Not visiting a school diminish chances? Vice versa?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Not visiting a school diminish chances? Vice versa? [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2007, 17:27
There is one school that I have become seriously attracted to...Yale...yet I have not visited the school. I am on travelocity right now looking to book tickets to visit the school in two weeks, however...if I didn't go, would that hurt my chances of admission? And vice versa, does visiting help your chances a bit? I'm in Los Angeles, so it's kind of a trek...
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2007, 18:57
Victory, I think it always helps to visit in person, but you could get away with not doing that right now, given that you live across the country. In your essays, if you reference people with whom you've spoken (Yale alums), information sessions you've attended, other research you've done, that will probably be sufficient. When Yale calls you for the interview, THEN you make the trek to the campus. Just my 2 cents.

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Not visiting a school diminish chances? Vice versa? [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2007, 02:25
VictoryMBA wrote:
There is one school that I have become seriously attracted to...Yale...yet I have not visited the school. I am on travelocity right now looking to book tickets to visit the school in two weeks, however...if I didn't go, would that hurt my chances of admission? And vice versa, does visiting help your chances a bit? I'm in Los Angeles, so it's kind of a trek...

I was in your situation a couple of month ago. I was enamoured with Yale. From my websearch it looked fabulous. But my visit to the camppus disappointed me. At daytime , it was too noisy, everywhere construction going on.

New Haven disappointed me more. I decided to apply in the first round itself. I postponed and right now I am thinking of whether I will apply at all. So, I'd suggest you may gain if you not visit at all.
Re: Not visiting a school diminish chances? Vice versa?   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2007, 02:25