Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Noteboards are not cool

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Noteboards are not cool [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2006, 15:27
I never thought there would be a day that I would claim that a noteboard and an erasable marker would somehow become a factor in the path of my life.

I took the GMAT this morning and walked out during the Quant Section. The reason? I might as well have been during algebra in the sand and only using my finger. These erasable noteboards (careful, don’t try to erase) are completely insane!

Go find something laminated and try to write with a marker on it. You’ll end up with a half comprehensible blob of ink. And don’t even think about moving up and down the paper writing, because you’ll smear it everywhere.

I’m certainly not the mass populous. I’m someone that writes absurdly small. I use a 0.5mm mechanical pencil and I still bunch numbers up. Hey, I’m just one of those guys. It’s ok. Or at least I thought.

Want to prepare for the GMAT? I suggest you go buy some yellow graph paper (which I actually like) and laminate the sucker. Then go find a marker that only prints for 50% of the time you make an attempt to write.

Oh, and forget about assigning variables to numbers – they’ll just end up being a ridiculous pattern of black blobs anyways.

This doesn’t apply to everyone. I think chicks will be fairly okay with it since they tend to write larger in the first place, but for those guys out there that are like me and write small, you’re screwed.

There’s so much more I could say right now, but just can't. Maybe later. Too pissed right now. I’m just trying to get over the hundreds of dollars and 3 days vacation from work that I just spent to only get crapped on by a mind-blowing retarded decision by GMAC to abandon simple paper and pencil.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2006, 19:31
Hey consulting hokie,

Can you please forward your complaint to GMAC? Everybody hates these ridiculous whiteboard markers, yet ironically few people actually take the time to put forward a formal complaint. I believe that if enough of us band together we can convince "the system" to change back to the way it was. I do know of some other people who are doing the same thing, so please understand that this movement is gaining momentum. "Strength in numbers always prevails."

By the way, did you demand a refund (or resceduled test date)??
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2006, 08:38
That's exactly what I will be doing today. I'm also waiting to hear from my contacts at Vertias who know the CEO of GMAC.

I will write a formal complaint - and call - and do whatever I possibly can do, AND ALL OF YOU ON THIS BOARD need to do the same.

Keep this message thread going
  [#permalink] 24 Feb 2006, 08:38