Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 13:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 20:13
Applied R3 and got an interview invite.

Can anyone provide any insight into the interview? Questions asked? Best preparation tips?

Thanks in advance,
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 02:24
preparing for R4. intend to submit it around the 3rd week of February.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 16:08
rachkuku wrote:
preparing for R4. intend to submit it around the 3rd week of February.


Same here. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2012, 20:20
FuzzyDunlop wrote:
Applied R3 and got an interview invite.

Can anyone provide any insight into the interview? Questions asked? Best preparation tips?

Thanks in advance,


In terms of questions, it will all be pretty straight forward: Tell me about yourself, why an MBA, why now, why ND? There will be at least one case question too. You can get all that from previous threads.

The admissions staff at Mendoza are really great guys and they're also straight shooters in the interview. What they're looking for is fit with the rest of the student body so be yourself, be honest and open and help them make that decision.

Best prep advice I could give you is to really make an effort to understand what Mendoza would do for your career. B-school is not a guarantee for a job - show that you understand what it will take to get where you want to be and that you're prepared to work for it. There's not much to it beyond that. Good luck!
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 11:54
guys who had their interviews were you given a case question

_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 12:28
rawdeal wrote:
FuzzyDunlop wrote:
Applied R3 and got an interview invite.

Can anyone provide any insight into the interview? Questions asked? Best preparation tips?

Thanks in advance,


In terms of questions, it will all be pretty straight forward: Tell me about yourself, why an MBA, why now, why ND? There will be at least one case question too. You can get all that from previous threads.

The admissions staff at Mendoza are really great guys and they're also straight shooters in the interview. What they're looking for is fit with the rest of the student body so be yourself, be honest and open and help them make that decision.

Best prep advice I could give you is to really make an effort to understand what Mendoza would do for your career. B-school is not a guarantee for a job - show that you understand what it will take to get where you want to be and that you're prepared to work for it. There's not much to it beyond that. Good luck!


Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 17:37
I just got this letter as a preferred candidate a few days ago from ND, University of Denver, BC and Penn State. I was not going to apply to any of those programs because my GMAT is only a 560 and I wanted to go to school in NYC where I live. I called ND though and asked for a fee waiver and they agreed so I think that's the only one I will be applying to based on the tier and their interests in the community as I am interested in poverty alleviation.

Is it realistic for me to even apply though? I feel like I have no chance. I worked at a company that was at the top of the Fortune 500 for 3.5 years and got a promotion there, A- and B in calculus in undergrad, 3.16 ugrad gpa.

I was really aiming for Fordham - I know people who went there and ended up doing great in NYC, but if I got in ND I would absolutely consider it before I turned it down.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 18:40
Has anyone heard?! Does anyone know if ND likes to wait till deadline day to tell people?

_________________

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Interviewed
Affiliations: PwC
Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Location: Nigeria
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 02:58
musicbelle wrote:
I just got this letter as a preferred candidate a few days ago from ND, University of Denver, BC and Penn State. I was not going to apply to any of those programs because my GMAT is only a 560 and I wanted to go to school in NYC where I live. I called ND though and asked for a fee waiver and they agreed so I think that's the only one I will be applying to based on the tier and their interests in the community as I am interested in poverty alleviation.

Is it realistic for me to even apply though? I feel like I have no chance. I worked at a company that was at the top of the Fortune 500 for 3.5 years and got a promotion there, A- and B in calculus in undergrad, 3.16 ugrad gpa.

I was really aiming for Fordham - I know people who went there and ended up doing great in NYC, but if I got in ND I would absolutely consider it before I turned it down.


I also got invited as a preferred candidate etc. Does that give some form of guarantee that one would be accepted, my GMAT score is 590, though am currently a senior associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers. What were you able to dig up?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 12:23
asonupe wrote:
musicbelle wrote:
I just got this letter as a preferred candidate a few days ago from ND, University of Denver, BC and Penn State. I was not going to apply to any of those programs because my GMAT is only a 560 and I wanted to go to school in NYC where I live. I called ND though and asked for a fee waiver and they agreed so I think that's the only one I will be applying to based on the tier and their interests in the community as I am interested in poverty alleviation.

Is it realistic for me to even apply though? I feel like I have no chance. I worked at a company that was at the top of the Fortune 500 for 3.5 years and got a promotion there, A- and B in calculus in undergrad, 3.16 ugrad gpa.

I was really aiming for Fordham - I know people who went there and ended up doing great in NYC, but if I got in ND I would absolutely consider it before I turned it down.


I also got invited as a preferred candidate etc. Does that give some form of guarantee that one would be accepted, my GMAT score is 590, though am currently a senior associate with PricewaterhouseCoopers. What were you able to dig up?


It is not guarantee that you'll be accepted, its just a marketing technique. I got one too, and so did most of the people on here. They will often times waive the application fee for you though, so thats nice.

_________________

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 12:54
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
Has anyone heard?! Does anyone know if ND likes to wait till deadline day to tell people?


From everything I have read and heard, they typically wait to the final day to inform applicants. Good luck
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 22:05
Any applicants from Singapore?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT Date: 01-06-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 19:09
Are any invites for interview or notifications of acceptance by mail or by email??
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 21:59
kribs1 wrote:
Are any invites for interview or notifications of acceptance by mail or by email??
email
When did u apply ?

_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT Date: 01-06-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 22:05
@mundasingh123

R2
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 22:09
kribs1 wrote:
@mundasingh123

R2

did u have ur interview ?
the results for r3 are coming on feb 29.where are u located

_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 01:25
I know at least one person who got their invitation to interview for this round in the past week. Personally I completed mine about 3 weeks ago.

Posted from my mobile device Image

_________________

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2010
Posts: 500
WE 1: 4 years Tech
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 03:07
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
I know at least one person who got their invitation to interview for this round in the past week. Personally I completed mine about 3 weeks ago.

Posted from my mobile device Image

How long was ur interview ? who took it ? andrew sama or brian lohr

_________________

My Post Invites Discussions not answers
Try to give back something to the Forum.I want your explanations, right now !
Please let me know your opinion about the Chandigarh Gmat Centrehttp://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-experience-at-chandigarh-india-centre-111830.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 14:07
mundasingh123 wrote:
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
I know at least one person who got their invitation to interview for this round in the past week. Personally I completed mine about 3 weeks ago.

Posted from my mobile device Image

How long was ur interview ? who took it ? andrew sama or brian lohr


Neither, I met with an alumni in Chicago. My interview was probably about an hour and half, but we got along really well and were chatting about life in general for about half an hour.

_________________

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 13:04
Just submitted my R4 application today, and completed my interview last week. Let the waiting begin! Good luck to all who will be receiving their notifications this week.
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2012, 13:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 130 06 Oct 2011, 04:24
10 Mendoza (Notre Dame) 2013 Calling All Applicants Evergreen10 153 04 Oct 2012, 17:17
18 Calling all Fall 2011 Notre Dame Mendoza Applicants mbanimal2011 324 28 Oct 2010, 13:11
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 131 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.