Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Notre Dame (Mendoza) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone received the email outlining their financial aid offer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I haven't received any electronic confirmation of the financial aid/fellowship offer. I would imagine we would get a hard copy mailed to us next week, but that is solely based on my experience with other MBA programs. Does anyone else know for certain?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.65
WE:Sales (Insurance)
Send PM
I got accepted with a scholarship :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
They didn't mention that anything would be in the mail...
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
has anyone been admitted from the waitlist with interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
jennalyse wrote:
has anyone been admitted from the waitlist with interview?

I was waitlisted again.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chrysler LLC
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q156 V159
GPA: 3.41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Received an email today saying I would have a decision from Mendoza by April 13, 2012. I'm hoping to hear before that, considering I have to commit or decline my Kellogg offer by April 9th! :shock:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ACR2014 wrote:
Received an email today saying I would have a decision from Mendoza by April 13, 2012. I'm hoping to hear before that, considering I have to commit or decline my Kellogg offer by April 9th! :shock:

WTF, how do you even hesitate to take Kellogg...either they didn't throw any $ and you're hoping ND does or you like ND (fit) way better than Kellogg, but man...it's a hard school to reject once admitted. No one asked but...my 2 cents
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Chrysler LLC
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q156 V159
GPA: 3.41
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
jamiraz wrote:
ACR2014 wrote:

WTF, how do you even hesitate to take Kellogg...either they didn't throw any $ and you're hoping ND does or you like ND (fit) way better than Kellogg, but man...it's a hard school to reject once admitted. No one asked but...my 2 cents

I've been hearing that often lately. I guess I'm wrong for even considering other schools once accepted to Kellogg. But I can tell you that at this point an offer from Ross would not tempt me nearly as much as one from Mendoza. All rankings aside, the ND atmosphere is much friendlier than UMich, their program seems more diverse, and they ask more of business than profit, which is huge to me. Nothing more needs to be said about Kellogg, it's top-notch.

Thanks for the opinion. I'm a 90% Kellogg lean until further notice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ACR2014 wrote:
jamiraz wrote:
ACR2014 wrote:

I've been hearing that often lately. I guess I'm wrong for even considering other schools once accepted to Kellogg. But I can tell you that at this point an offer from Ross would not tempt me nearly as much as one from Mendoza. All rankings aside, the ND atmosphere is much friendlier than UMich, their program seems more diverse, and they ask more of business than profit, which is huge to me. Nothing more needs to be said about Kellogg, it's top-notch.

Thanks for the opinion. I'm a 90% Kellogg lean until further notice.

Well, depends on what you want to do, ND is unparalleled in student environment, this I have seen personally and you know it. Kellogg sounds to me a bit pretentious but well, it's a top-tier school (not that ND isn't, honestly) and has street credibility to behave a bit snotty. Even so, I would frankly never pass on Kellogg to go to ND

I am going to an equally ranked school (as ND) after being dinged by ND. Funny how life is, I make the trip to ND, loved the place, perfect fit (to both parties) but my GMAT's too low for them. The other school interviews me by phone (not even Skype) and throws away 50% scholarship...both are equally ranked and I fit perfectly so I'm happy. ND is a great school though and perhaps my ding has me biased. But Kellogg...is Kellogg.

Whatever road you choose, I'm sure you'll do great. Congratulations on such an achievement, I wish you lots of success!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I wanted to update the post by sayig that I was admitted in the last round!! :-D
Congratulations to all admitted!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
cherrychic85 wrote:
I wanted to update the post by sayig that I was admitted in the last round!! :-D
Congratulations to all admitted!

Congratulations! Are you planning on matriculating?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
Has anyone been declined yet? I was waitlisted with an interview. Just wondering how realistic an admit is at this point.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
WTF, how do you even hesitate to take Kellogg...either they didn't throw any $ and you're hoping ND does or you like ND (fit) way better than Kellogg, but man...it's a hard school to reject once admitted. No one asked but...my 2 cents[/quote]

Thanks for the opinion. I'm a 90% Kellogg lean until further notice.[/quote]

Well, depends on what you want to do, ND is unparalleled in student environment, this I have seen personally and you know it. Kellogg sounds to me a bit pretentious but well, it's a top-tier school (not that ND isn't, honestly) and has street credibility to behave a bit snotty. Even so, I would frankly never pass on Kellogg to go to ND

I am going to an equally ranked school (as ND) after being dinged by ND. Funny how life is, I make the trip to ND, loved the place, perfect fit (to both parties) but my GMAT's too low for them. The other school interviews me by phone (not even Skype) and throws away 50% scholarship...both are equally ranked and I fit perfectly so I'm happy. ND is a great school though and perhaps my ding has me biased. But Kellogg...is Kellogg.

Whatever road you choose, I'm sure you'll do great. Congratulations on such an achievement, I wish you lots of success![/quote]

I think it's all about fit. Personally for me the family aspect of Menodza and the overall attitude of the school is a huge motivating factor. On top of that they are doing a lot of great things at the school and everyone I have spoken with there loves it. It's a very personal decision. I think the "WTF" is a bit over the top, but I see your later response so I suppose that'll happen. Anyway, all that being said, good luck with all the tough choices, there is no wrong decision.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Notre Dame (Mendoza) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
chendawg wrote:
Has anyone been declined yet? I was waitlisted with an interview. Just wondering how realistic an admit is at this point.

I noticed that the Round 4 deadline was pushed back for a second time yesterday and they have updated the note to say applications will be considered on a rolling basis for this final deadline with all decisions released by April 13 for completed files.

Typically Notre Dame releases decisions on the final day, which for round 4 is April 13th. Do you think with the updated note that they will be releasing decisions as they review applications? Or will allow be announced on April 13th. I interviewed back in mid-February and submitted my application on February 27th for the original deadline, so I likely will be one of the earlier applications reviewed.

Appreciate any thoughts!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
I would like to know the logic behind continuing to push back the last deadline.

Either they are hoping some of their better candidates will accept offers after being rejected by the Tier 1 schools, or they are simply not getting the caliber of applicants they were hoping for. Maybe both?

ND has a good reputation, but continuing to push back the deadline leads one to wonder.
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Mendoza '16
Send PM
Hello everyone. Just want to jump on the board and address some of the questions around the One Year Program.

@mgerbasich – We are working through files as we get them right now and we may be releasing some decisions before the April 13 decision deadline. If you, or anyone else, has a need for a decision by a certain date we are happy to try and accommodate that. Just e-mail us and let us know.

@guppy – I’m happy to share our logic for moving the deadline. We love the group of applicants that we’ve admitted to the One Year program. The quality of the group is excellent. But we still have seats and fellowship money available, and we want prospective students to have a bit more time to apply. It’s precisely because we are a top-tier school that we focus on ensuring that every applicant we admit exhibits high levels of academic aptitude, leadership and consideration of others and that there is a good fit for both parties. We want to admit applicants who will make great alumni. We don’t make decisions based on the actions of any other MBA program. We are just doing what’s in the best interests of our prospective students and Notre Dame.

I hope this clarifies the questions and please don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you have further concerns.

Take care and Go Irish!

Andrew

Andrew J. Sama
Senior Associate Director, MBA Admissions
University of Notre Dame
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert