Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 18:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Now over a month to get from 600 to 700! Study plan?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Now over a month to get from 600 to 700! Study plan? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 12:52
Hi all, I ended up pushing my test date back to September 24. Now, I only have one chance, but I feel 100 times better. All I need is a solid study plan to get me to a 700. Any suggestions for someone like me who is weak in math and decent in verbal? I already took the MGMAT class and have been over the guides many times, and am now working on the question banks in my weak areas and taking MGMAT CAT exams but am not seeing much improvement. I review the problems, and then try to redo them after a break and it's like I never even saw the problem before!What do I need to do to get up to a 700? I am even paying for a tutor who reviews problems with me... Are there solid study plans out there?

Last edited by UCLA720 on 13 Aug 2007, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 16:57
If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd take the under.

600 -> 700 is a BIG leap in core knowledge and application of that knowledge. two weeks is not enough time unless you quit your job and have a tutor, IMO.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 327 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 18:35
hrm... not sure if you can do it in 2 weeks, unless you do problems every day and really learn the math. If you're not in a rush to apply, I would take it just to see. But if you are applying R1 and want to save money, I would probably postpone it until you can get better at the practice CATs. When you can get 670+ on MGMAT or 700+ on GMATPrep, you're ready.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 08:39
Thanks for the advice...I meant to post a reply here the first time-oops. I have since decided to push back the test, but need some help deciding how far to push it back. I work full-time, easy job, but am wondering how much time I should realistically give myself to get to a 700? Three weeks? Another month? How many hours per day- I'm shooting for 4 during the week and more on the weekends.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 23:04
If you're going to postpone for more than 1 month, then you might as well just take it as originally scheduled. The only reason to postpone would be to push it back for less than 31 days (since GMAC only lets you take the test once every 31 days). There's no harm in taking it now to get a feel of the test and experimenting with how you do, and then retaking it 31 days later if you don't like your results. That is... unless $250 is really hard for you to come by, then I'd understand.
  [#permalink] 12 Aug 2007, 23:04