Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Now What?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Now What? [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2006, 20:22
Here is my story....I took a prep course over the summer offered by an independent tutor. He apparently was an instructor at both Kaplan and Princeton, and has a very good track record with getting people into the top 5 schools. He definitley gave me a good starting point. As for me, I have an engineering background and am a forensic investigator, specializing in computer forensics at one of the big 4. I was promoted to manager in under 4 yrs and now have 5 yrs of experience...I feel that my work background and story is pretty strong.

I just took my second GMAT today and ended up scoring 40 pts lower than on my first exam. Neither were even close to acceptable scores in my mind..going from a 570 to a 530. When I take exams un-timed, i do well in quant...math is one of my strong points. Consistantly score in mid 600s on GMATPrep. Also, do ok in verbal...scoring>70% on both exams. I've been studying since July, juggling with my hectic work schedule. I'm definitely not at square one, but really need some advice....i know that I can score in the 700s, but just need a solid plan. After my score today, I'm ready to throw in the towel on this year (fall 07') and focus on next year. Does anyone have any advice? Suggestions? If I follow the prep on this site is that the answer? HELP!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

The workout [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 17:03
Buy Princeton review cracking the GMAT. Work through the whole book. Then do the GMAT official reivew quant review and then the GMAT official review verbal. After that, take the GMAT prep tests, then try the GMAT power prep.

Thats a full program that will work. Even if you have done part of it. just do that stuff in that order, it will help.

Thats the best advice I can give.

Peace.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Now What? [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 21:37
Buen dia amigo Lopez!
I would suggest u to take all the material u want, but the most important thing is to Time Yourself. Do not, under any circumstances, spend more than 3 mins per question (ideal if u have a tight schedule). This will mean death for anybody on D-day. Practicing under real conditions will give u that extra edge u are lacking. Mucha suerte y mantenenos informados. Cheers!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 22:00
hola lopez! you sound lost little child. perhaps my words of wisdom will help relieve you of gmat depression. first, take extra care to drown those sorrows with a ton of liquor this weekend. i hear there's a great party going down in manhattan beach. second, keep the flame of yours to crack the gmat and get into harvard (hmmm...how did i guess?) alive and burning (this is where the liquor will also help). third, get back into the gmat regimen beginning next week. i believe the use of new material (other than the og, gmat prep software, powerprep, and kaplan software you've been using...lucky guess again) will definitely take the dullness out of studying and help to avoid answering questions you already know the answer to. other than that, i strongly encourage you to take care of whatever study pals you may have (again, just a guess), you never know, you guys may end up taking over bawstan (wick'd faq'n cacked). go crimson.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2006, 09:20
Thanks andrewnorway....I'm gonna follow your advice and go through the material in that order.
  [#permalink] 01 Dec 2006, 09:20