Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Number of questions that we can get wrong

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Number of questions that we can get wrong [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2005, 02:47
Hiiiii,

My GMAT exam is coming up next week. To prepare i went through the suggested books of Kaplan, Princeton and for the last few days brushing through the Official Guide. Now i am in a stage, where i need not guess in most of the questions and can atleast cut down the answers choices from 5 to 2. I do consider this an important part of the answering process.

The problem however lies in the mock tests. I have taken the 4 kaplan tests 2 months back and my scores are as below,
Test1 - 600
Test2 - 550
Test3 - 520
Test4 - 500

This is wierd. So i studied a bit more and yesterday took up the tests of PR. The scores are as below,

Test1 - 580
Test2 - 520

Wierd again!!!! Most of the guys find thier score increasing and mine goes down and down :(

Invaribly when i review the questions, i find that, in Maths i get 8 - 10 of the answers wrong and in Verbal about 10 - 12 wrong. Either stupid mistakes or when i freeze on 2 out of 5 i somehow chose the wrong one. There was not a single question which i would find difficult except that in the second PR test i took yesterday the RC's where daunting.

In these forums, i find that prospective GMAT takes consistently scored 650 - 750 in PR.

I would like to know as to how many questions we can afford to get wrong to get a score above 650. In the real GMAT too, even though adaptive, is it normal to get about 10 Q wrong.

If i go according to the statistics of the actual GMAT score being between Kaplan and PR, i dont think i can get above 600

Really dont know why i am consistent at getting a few questions wrong. It is drastically affecting my performance and my confidence :( :cry:

Thanks,

Thimmaiah B M (Tim)

Thimmaiah B M

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Number of questions that we can get wrong   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2005, 02:47