Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 15
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: 1410 Q800 V610
GPA: 3.77
WE: Research (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 05:49
Ya I meant the application fee.

I went through the site and read the same details that you have posted. :oops:
However in the FAQs , they have mentioned

How do I apply? What documents are required?

You can apply online at mba.nus.edu. Application starts from 01 October 2012 onwards.

The following required documents needs to be sent in ONE package:

Resume
An original or attested copy of your degree scroll
An original or attested copy of your transcripts
Official GMAT score
TOEFL/IELTS score (required if the medium of instruction for your undergraduate degree is not in English)



Hence my query :P

Also the application fee was zero but after I submitted the application a link popped up to pay the admission fees by bank draft. Hence wanted to confirm it too, I got the gist from previous threads and replies that it is a generic application but no one could confirm that they got admitted/ interviewed in R1 without paying a fee have they? :D
_________________

If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from many it's research

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 06:04
In my experience, it's always better to ask the school/admission committee for clarification.
You only need to mail these documents once you've gotten the acceptance. It seems a number of schools are following this policy i.e. ask for "paper" documents once either you are admitted or invited for interview.

Good luck for your admission hunt...it seems you're applying to a number of schools...a classic mistake that I've observed a number of Indians make.
Focus on 4 to 5 schools; 2 safety and 2-3 your dream schools.

ads1388 wrote:
Ya I meant the application fee.

I went through the site and read the same details that you have posted. :oops:
However in the FAQs , they have mentioned

How do I apply? What documents are required?

You can apply online at mba.nus.edu. Application starts from 01 October 2012 onwards.

The following required documents needs to be sent in ONE package:

Resume
An original or attested copy of your degree scroll
An original or attested copy of your transcripts
Official GMAT score
TOEFL/IELTS score (required if the medium of instruction for your undergraduate degree is not in English)



Hence my query :P

Also the application fee was zero but after I submitted the application a link popped up to pay the admission fees by bank draft. Hence wanted to confirm it too, I got the gist from previous threads and replies that it is a generic application but no one could confirm that they got admitted/ interviewed in R1 without paying a fee have they? :D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 15
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: 1410 Q800 V610
GPA: 3.77
WE: Research (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 06:09
I have contacted the school also. Waiting for their reply.

Ya but its difficult to exactly select the safety schools and dream schools for MBA IMHO.

MS is ok I think as your academic scores and scientific profile are key but in interviews , essays it becomes tough to categorize B-schools.

Anyway I am kinda of a freelancer now so got loads of time to give each school its due attention :-D
_________________

If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from many it's research

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 130
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 09:25
gmatmbatroll wrote:

Good luck for your admission hunt...it seems you're applying to a number of schools...a classic mistake that I've observed a number of Indians make.
Focus on 4 to 5 schools; 2 safety and 2-3 your dream schools.


I liked your seasoned views. You do not appear to be a new member, who just joined today!!

I fully agree with your views that one must identify his/her dream schools quite early and focus on those. For the worst case, keep some safety backups.... OK money is not important to you but atleast spare your referees!!

But the problem starts when you get into both of your dream schools that you so deliberately chosen!! You don't want to miss any one but you can not take up both!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 20:08
I'm not new at GMATClub. I'm regular visitor of GMATClub since 2006 when I myself was contemplating GMAT and MBA.
But this particular ID is new. I just created it to share my own candid experience, without any political correctness, of GMAT, School selection, MBA and then post-MBA experience.

Well, you'll just need to learn to live with buyers remorse.


wouldbecrazy wrote:
gmatmbatroll wrote:

Good luck for your admission hunt...it seems you're applying to a number of schools...a classic mistake that I've observed a number of Indians make.
Focus on 4 to 5 schools; 2 safety and 2-3 your dream schools.


I liked your seasoned views. You do not appear to be a new member, who just joined today!!

I fully agree with your views that one must identify his/her dream schools quite early and focus on those. For the worst case, keep some safety backups.... OK money is not important to you but atleast spare your referees!!

But the problem starts when you get into both of your dream schools that you so deliberately chosen!! You don't want to miss any one but you can not take up both!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 10

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 10:13
Hey guys......can somebody tell me if the video needs to be a "professional" one (i.e. I should be suited, booted etc.) or we can add a little flavor to it? I am thinking of shooting it in outside my office building (the backdrop adds a bit of flavor to the story).

Those who have submitted may be able to throw some more light on this.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 06:10
and what flavors are we talking about?
It's not for your audition as a hero for an Indian Movie.
You're sending it to a business school to show your potential and traits which can make you successful during MBA and in your post-MBA objective/career.


IndianExpress wrote:
we can add a little flavor to it?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1610
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 611

Kudos [?]: 2399 [0], given: 714

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 06:20
Expert's post
IndianExpress wrote:
Hey guys......can somebody tell me if the video needs to be a "professional" one (i.e. I should be suited, booted etc.) or we can add a little flavor to it? I am thinking of shooting it in outside my office building (the backdrop adds a bit of flavor to the story).

Those who have submitted may be able to throw some more light on this.

I think it should be absolutely formal. Dress in a way you would when you walk into the NUS interview. Your image says a lot about you. And about shooting right in front of your office building, I don't think its an amazing idea for 2 reasons.

1. It might be noisy.
2. More importantly, the background might distract the viewer away from YOU, which the video is really about. I think it would be naive to expect that they will rewatch your video hundreds of times considering the number of applications NUS gets.

Souvik
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 130
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 19:18
IndianExpress wrote:
Hey guys......can somebody tell me if the video needs to be a "professional" one (i.e. I should be suited, booted etc.) or we can add a little flavor to it? I am thinking of shooting it in outside my office building (the backdrop adds a bit of flavor to the story).

Those who have submitted may be able to throw some more light on this.


It depends on what you would like to showcase. If you are a common IIM, better be in your best professional look, you do not have luxury to experiement. If you are showcasing a NGO profile, in one of the remotest part and you are from Sumandose ... you understand what I mean.

The other ,way I can tell you that, you either follow the well traveled and proven path (such as Engineer, Doctor, MBA) and you always have moderate success rate. Or you follow your own path, something truly meaningful and different where you have both the extreme chances, either you are highly successful or just doomed. Just mind that, you need to be liked by someone, whom you have no control. Whether you want to follow the common pattern or you want to be DIFFERENT is your choice, depends on how serious you are about NUS. If you are dying to join NUS, then follow the proven path. If you want to experiment then "just do it" as per your heart.

Some school rejects you does not mean you are less qualified ... it can be the other way too!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Up again.
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 493
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 74

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 22:43
For those having difficulty in seeing the NUS video, I have uploaded it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5ekIyYVLg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
_________________

My GMAT debrief: from-620-to-710-my-gmat-journey-114437.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 12:20
Hey Guys..
Can anyone resolve few of my queries.

1) I have submitted my application but forgot to attach a copy of the passport.
It is mentioned to do so
" International applicants - A copy of your passport (applies to both the Full & Part Time Programme) "
Can I just log in and attach it to the document section after submitting the application.

2) Is there anything that we need to do after submitting the online application ?
After submitting the application, I read that they have asked for the application form to be printed and sent to them with the required documents .. what all documents are they talking about ?
I am asking this because they have mentioned this on their site "the official transcripts and attested copy of degree scroll for your application will be required after you are offered a place in the NUS MBA or its double degree programmes."

Request you to please take some time out to respond to my queries..
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 269

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 21:21
kkunal86 wrote:
Hey Guys..
Can anyone resolve few of my queries.

1) I have submitted my application but forgot to attach a copy of the passport.
It is mentioned to do so
" International applicants - A copy of your passport (applies to both the Full & Part Time Programme) "
Can I just log in and attach it to the document section after submitting the application.

2) Is there anything that we need to do after submitting the online application ?
After submitting the application, I read that they have asked for the application form to be printed and sent to them with the required documents .. what all documents are they talking about ?
I am asking this because they have mentioned this on their site "the official transcripts and attested copy of degree scroll for your application will be required after you are offered a place in the NUS MBA or its double degree programmes."

Request you to please take some time out to respond to my queries..


Hi Kunal

You do not need to send any hard copy now. I have confirmed the same from NUS.
I dont think you need to send the passport copy. If anything is missing from your application they will contact you (ideally).

So just enjoy the wait :)
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 115
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 10

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 07:18
No activity on this thread? Update your status guys.
I applied on 31 Jan, but I guess people who applied earlier would have got received some news..............

Also, can anybody tell me by when should I expect a response? I applied on 31 Jan.
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 269

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 07:46
IndianExpress wrote:
No activity on this thread? Update your status guys.
I applied on 31 Jan, but I guess people who applied earlier would have got received some news..............

Also, can anybody tell me by when should I expect a response? I applied on 31 Jan.


Maybe by First week or Mid of March
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 269

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 19:26
IndianExpress wrote:
No activity on this thread? Update your status guys.
I applied on 31 Jan, but I guess people who applied earlier would have got received some news..............

Also, can anybody tell me by when should I expect a response? I applied on 31 Jan.


Going by last years trend you should get a reply within a month after submitting your application and then the final resuls two weeks after interview

Gyan :)
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Location: Italy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:57
Hi!
I've applied on Jan 30th and I've just received an email for the interview :)
Any tips?
Thanks
Paola
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 269

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 19:32
paolaxve wrote:
Hi!
I've applied on Jan 30th and I've just received an email for the interview :)
Any tips?
Thanks
Paola


Hey Congrats for the invite...!! Would you please share your profile with us?

Gyan :)
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Location: Italy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 00:34
Italian, female, 30 y.o.
6 years experience in sales and marketing
high gpa, low gmat
MA cum laude in publishing and communication (in one of the top public universities in Italy)
I speak Italian, English, and French
fingers crossed :)
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: SAE
Joined: 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 514
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 269

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 00:40
paolaxve wrote:
Italian, female, 30 y.o.
6 years experience in sales and marketing
high gpa, low gmat
MA cum laude in publishing and communication (in one of the top public universities in Italy)
I speak Italian, English, and French
fingers crossed :)


You have an awesome profile...You do not need to keep your fingers xed...but now I do.. :)
Good luck for the interview. :)
I am still waiting for the invite..!!
_________________

First Attempt 710 - first-attempt-141273.html

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Schools: NUS '15
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GRE 1: 1440 Q790 V650
GPA: 3.76
WE: Other (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 08:31
Hi,
I applied for a PhD-MBA integrated and got an interview call. I have my GMAT scheduled on the very next day. Can I request to reschedule my interview so that I get time to prepare for GMAT and then for the interview.

Please reply immediately as I need to respond promptly.
Re: NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2013, 08:31
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
24 Experts publish their posts in the topic NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! ganeshjagtap 107 25 Apr 2013, 07:44
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB 2013 Calling All Applicants bb 95 21 Sep 2012, 13:28
3 NUS 2012 - Calling All Applicants rasta 27 02 Jan 2012, 06:44
Calling all NUS 2011 Applicants Pediasure 2 16 Dec 2010, 11:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NUS 2013 - Calling All Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 94 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.