Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NUS 2014 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
NUS Thread Master
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.82
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [2] , given: 13

NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:44
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Essay questions
(word limit for each essay is 300)

1) We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD.

2) The mission of NUS Business School is to advance knowledge and develop leaders so as to serve business and society. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities.

3) Tell us something interesting or unique about yourself which you think would be helpful for the Admission Committee to better evaluate your candidacy.

4) (Only applicable to re-applicants)
    Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS.

Essay Analysis

Essay 1
We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD.

1. This is slightly different from the usual goals essay as you are asked mainly to discuss the short term goals here. Just expound on your short term goals by showing a direct & strong co-relation to your past work experiences. Although the long term goal is not explicitly being asked here, you can put in a sentence to show that there is some clarity in your thought process with regards to future career path; but obviously you shouldn't spend too much words on the long term goals. Doing the video is another great option, but remember to make it very impressive since this is optional; so just talking about the question in front of a camera is not going to cut it, you need to showcase a few skills in actual environment and relate them to your goals in a clear manner.

Essay 2
The mission of NUS Business School is to advance knowledge and develop leaders so as to serve business and society. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities.

2. This is similar to a fit essay. You are being asked how can you contribute to the school's mission based on examples. You can mention both professional and personal examples, but first go to the school's website and take a look around to understand the school better. Go through the NUS MBA blogs and try to get an idea in to a normal day there and how the school shapes the people. Although it may seem a simple question, you really need to do some extensive research in order to give a great answer.

Essay 3
Tell us something interesting or unique about yourself which you think would be helpful for the Admission Committee to better evaluate your candidacy.

3. This is very interesting topic indeed. It can be seen as a chance to portray strengths not clear in other parts of the app or it can be seen as a chance to explain any potential weak areas in your application. The key here is that however you choose to answer this essay, you need to keep in mind to make it unique and interesting and actually helpful from the AdComs perspective. Before actually writing the essay list out all the things you feel are different or great about you, not everything needs to be unique though; its the combination of multiple things in a single person such as you that make you unique. So not everything has to be unique in itself, but together the picture it portrays should be different and helpful not just to AdComs but also to you to get in.

Essay 4
(Only applicable to re-applicants) Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS.

4. Again, this is pretty straightforward. It would be helpful to do some analysis in the shortcomings of your last year application, if possible get some feedback on last year's rejection from the AdComs as well.

NUS MBA Graduate Employment Statistics
Attachment:
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_1_of_4.png
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_1_of_4.png [ 19.56 KiB | Viewed 7213 times ]

Attachment:
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_2_of_4.png
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_2_of_4.png [ 127.37 KiB | Viewed 7223 times ]

Attachment:
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_3_of_4.png
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_3_of_4.png [ 121.13 KiB | Viewed 7221 times ]

Attachment:
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_4_of_4.png
NUS_Class_of_2013_Employment_Statistics_4_of_4.png [ 101.36 KiB | Viewed 7214 times ]

Dealing with a Ding - Webinar Recording

Attachment:
Dealing with a Ding.pdf [4.21 MiB]
Downloaded 6 times
To download please login or register as a user

Ganesh Tukaram Jagtap

have a nice day
my gmat debrief :)
pm me in case of any queries

Last edited by ganeshjagtap on 10 Feb 2014, 11:01, edited 3 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [3] , given: 6

CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 04:43
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Fellows,

Looks like no one is looking at the NUS applications yet! So I thought I will kick start some discussions in this thread...

Finally the application is open and the essay topics are up! :-D

1) The mission of NUS Business School is to advance knowledge and develop leaders so as to serve business and society. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities. (1800 characters)

2) Tell us something interesting or unique about yourself which you think would be helpful for the Admission Committee to better evaluate your candidacy. (1800 characters)

3) We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD. (1800 characters or the video)

4) (Only applicable to re-applicants)
Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS.

Looking forward to listen to your views on the topics and some tips on how to approach the essays...

Regards,
Sid
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 23:48
I am in sir..
Even I was waiting for the essays..
Finally they are there
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Other (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 04:09
Hello all, I too have just started the application process for the NUS MBA programme. Discussions and inputs on the essays and anything on the application process, the MBA programme or any other topic related to the NUS MBA would be appreciated. Let's kick start this thread.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 04:20
Guys - does anyone know what questions are asked this time in NUS recommendation letter?
Or is it the same every year ?

Please reply asap. i need to discuss with my recommendor
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 06:39
Is the admission on rolling basis.?
When is the admission intimation date? I see deadline for applying in R1 is 1st Jan 2014
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 08:07
Request some one to please do an analysis of the essay questions that NUS has put up. I am especially struggling in interpreting essay 1. Please suggest how to go about structuring our response in essay 1.

Thanks,
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 06:40
Hey Guys,

Has anybody in this forum been interviewed?

Puneet
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 109

Kudos [?]: 483 [1] , given: 384

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 01:36
This post received
KUDOS
The thread seems pretty dead!!!
Lets revamp it up a bit ... after being done with the ISB applications, most of the Indians would turn to this and NTU.
So lets starts some discussions

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2014 | General interview tips

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 109

Kudos [?]: 483 [0], given: 384

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 01:38
Here are the essay topics:

NUS Essay 1. The mission of NUS Business School is to advance knowledge and develop leaders so as to serve business and society. Discuss how you will contribute toward advancing the mission based on examples of past work and activities. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Essay 2. Tell us something interesting or unique about yourself which you think would be helpful for the Admission Committee to better evaluate your candidacy. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Essay 3. We would like you to tell us about your post-MBA immediate career goals and how your professional experiences have prepared you to achieve these goals. You may do so by a 300 words written essay or a two-minute video. If you wish to submit a video, you can upload it on YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” and email us the URL. Alternatively, you can send in your video to us in a thumbdrive or CD. (Maximum 300 words/1800 characters)
NUS Reapplicant Essay: Re-applicants need to complete this additional re-applicant essay. Please provide an update on any new aspects of your professional, international, academic or personal profile that would not have been included in your previous application. Please also explain your motivation for re-applying to NUS. (Maximum 1800 characters)
NUS Resume: Upload your updated resume containing your education background, work experience, memberships in associations/ organisations, achievements, international experience, etc.

ISB Class of 2016 | Chat Session with ISB ADCOM | How to get started with Essays | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview-Aspired Class of 2014 | General interview tips

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 11:53
Anybody has insights into the reducing class size over last 5 years and the drop in the rankings?

-------
IaintGivinUp!

GMAT assassins aren't born, they are made.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 02:00
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Cerebration 2013: Bigger, Better and Bolder!
As an organizing committee member of one of the largest student-run MBA Case competitions happening on November 13-14, you might be wondering why am I writing this blog post when I should be busy finalising event details. I felt the Read on! →
The post Cerebration 2013: Bigger, Better and Bolder! appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Why So Serious? The Secret Rules of MBA Student Life
Maybe you thought that as an MBA student, life was all work and no play, all case studies and no BBQ parties. Well, we just might have to prove you wrong. This week, we’re rounding up a selection of some Read on! →
The post Why So Serious? The Secret Rules of MBA Student Life appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern

FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Featured Interview | Ari Patera Nikicio
Ari Patera Nikicio, who hails from Jakarta, Indonesia, shares why he chose to pursue the NUS MBA programme.  About Me: Prior to joining the MBA program, I worked as a Business Development Manager for Mortindo, a ready-mix cement manufacturer in Indonesia Read on! →
The post Featured Interview | Ari Patera Nikicio appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern

FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Voices: I Chose a Singapore MBA – Marie Cheong’s MBA Story
Why did an overseas Singaporean pick a MBA in Singapore as her best option? This post is part of the NUS MBA Blog’s “Voices” series, where MBA candidates at NUS Business School share their personal stories. Photo credit: Luca Sartoni For Read on! →
The post Voices: I Chose a Singapore MBA – Marie Cheong’s MBA Story appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern

FROM NUS Admissions Blog: Doing meaningful work with a dose of finance savvy
Despite doing well as a banking executive, Lynnette Wang Lingfang desired a socially rewarding career in healthcare. She says she’s found “the best of both worlds” in doing an MBA programme at NUS, given the business school’s consistently top global Read on! →
The post Doing meaningful work with a dose of finance savvy appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 19:00
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: So you want to be an entrepreneur… ?
Did you know that innovation is a strong feature of our community and a core value of our school? Following are some excerpts from a blog post by Christian Halberg, an NUS MBA student who perfectly embodies the school’s entrepreneurial Read on! →
The post So you want to be an entrepreneur… ? appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 03:15
abhishek1985 wrote:
Request some one to please do an analysis of the essay questions that NUS has put up. I am especially struggling in interpreting essay 1. Please suggest how to go about structuring our response in essay 1.

Thanks,

Hi Abhishek,

In my opinion, by Essay 1 NUS wants the candidates to show instances in which their leadership skills and knowledge can be seen.
In case you have submitted the application for ISB, then I would say that this essay is pretty much similar to Essay 1 of ISB i.e. Attitude, Skills, and Knowledge differentiate people.
In case you need more details, feel free to ask.

KUDOS if you find it good!!

Intern
Intern

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 18:00
FROM NUS Admissions Blog: How to make grad school recommendations work for you?
Anyone who has ever been to college realizes the tremendous emphasis placed on letters of recommendation. If anything, the emphasis is even greater for applications to graduate programmes. While graduate school applicants tend to focus more on personal essays and Read on! →
The post How to make grad school recommendations work for you? appeared first on The NUS MBA Blog.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2013, 00:35
Hi,

How good are my chances for NUS on my profile:

3 years of consulting experience (ZS Associates)
IIT graduate (Dual degree)
GMAT 680
Overseas experience for about 6 months in a diverse environment.

Please let me know should I apply on this or give GMAT again?
Re: NUS 2014 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2013, 00:35