Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 13:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NUS MS in Business analytics

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 34

Reviews Badge
NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2013, 06:58
Just received an admit from NUS for their MSBA course........I am thoroughly confused whether to take it up......I was preparing full throttle for the MBA apps....but I am afraid to let this go lest I dont get a similar opportunity again.....

Any insight would be helpful!

Regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2013, 05:20
Dear Dreaming,

It's great you got a place. I've also interviewed for the program but have yet to hear back.

The MSBA is different from a traditional MBA path in that this program is focused on data analysis and the world of big data, while a MBA is focused on general management skills while allowing you to specialize in certain areas, eg finance, marketing, etc

It really depends on what is your goal. May I ask when did you interview and when did you get an offer?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 199 [0], given: 142

Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2013, 05:35
I see your WE is in Supply Chain management, and your interest is in strategy and operations. I do not think Business Analytic goes well with that. Don't get carried away with brand value alone. Try connecting with the alumni/current students and find out about what the recruiting companies look in a candidate profile. As far as I know, companies look mostly for Statistics, IT Data warehousing and marketing experience for an BA profile.

Unless you get any other better opportunity in which you have genuine interest, you go for this course. I believe masters should be in an area in which your passion lies.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
― Voltaire

Press Kudos, if I have helped.
Thanks!

shit-happens-my-journey-to-172475.html#p1372807

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2013, 20:46
ddingo123 wrote:
Dear Dreaming,

It's great you got a place. I've also interviewed for the program but have yet to hear back.

The MSBA is different from a traditional MBA path in that this program is focused on data analysis and the world of big data, while a MBA is focused on general management skills while allowing you to specialize in certain areas, eg finance, marketing, etc

It really depends on what is your goal. May I ask when did you interview and when did you get an offer?

Hi,

I interviewd on 4th July.....and got the admit on 8th.....

When did u interview and whats ur profile?

The reason I applied at all was because I want to work in Analytics and later go into consulting....Working in analytics will give me a wide range view of various business domais(or so I believe)......I think I will take this opportunity up...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HKUST (S)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.62

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 22:23
Hi Dreaming,
have you finally taken up MSBA at NUS? If you indeed did, I would be very happy to exchange ideas with you in the Business Analytics domain.
Interestingly, I went through a similar dilemma - choosing between MBA and MSc in 2011. I turned down NUS MBA, continued working and been deferring my study plan; by chance I switched to a semi-professional analytic role and really enjoyed it so far (8 months into the job). I'm based in Singapore so it's a no brainer to pick up something like MSBA, however it is a brand new course.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.27

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2014, 10:52
dear dreaming, i want to apply for the same program. please may i know what was ur GMAT/GRE score along with the breakup. thankyou! :)
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: NUS MS in Business analytics [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2014, 19:25
Hi...
It was 720(q48.v40)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: NUS MS in Business analytics   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2014, 19:25