Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYC MS in Accounting - Best schools / Chances at admission

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

NYC MS in Accounting - Best schools / Chances at admission [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 22:30
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello to all,

I am a senior accounting major at a top SUNY school, graduating in may with an accounting degree. I am looking to go on to grad school to complete my 150 hr requirement to get CPA certified, most likely through an MS in Accounting program or another equivalent 1-year program (fast-track MBA?). Ultimately, I want to work in / around the NYC area, so my grad school choices are centered around that area.

I have a 3.3 GPA with a 630 GMAT. So far, Baruch is my ideal choice, with Binghamton and Albany also in the picture (for their great programs and solid recruiting to NYC firms). My questions are as follows:
1. What are my chances of getting into Baruch?
2. Any other schools worth looking into (CUNY schools?)

I forgot to mention, I would like to save as much money as possible which is why I am mainly looking at SUNY and CUNY schools. I don't see the point of spending $30,000 on a 1 year program at a school like say, Pace, seeing that most employers are only concerned with your 150 requirement, and not so much where its from (unless it is from NYU or Columbia, which I probably can't get into).

Has anyone been in a similar situation and can help me out? Any other cheap, quality schools with good networking opportunities around NYC?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
NYC MS in Accounting - Best schools / Chances at admission   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2012, 22:30