Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 07:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2007

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2007, 13:51
deep_mba wrote:
Hi Folks,

Racoon, thanks for your advice on the gpa coversion.

I gave my test yesterday - got 680. 39Q and 42V. Seem like a lot of Math brains are taking the gmat nowdays. A 39Q score was only good enough for a 58th percentile!

Hopefully that should be enough to get into the part-time since my reccos, essays and work ex are strong. Filed my application yesterday. Now I'm waiting. Let's use this forum to keep track of the admissions.

Best of luck to all the others,

deep_mba

Same score that I got - 680 (41,41). I'll be submitting my application sometime this week. Good luck everyone!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Great [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2007, 04:04
Good luck folks. With my mere GMAt score I submitted my app on April 10th. No word yet.

RC Reddy
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

what are my chances? [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2007, 19:14
My profile:
Indian Male 34 years
IT 10 years work experience
Project Manager with decent salary and critical job responsibilties
Bachelors in Engineering with 82% ( GPA ??)
GMAT 650 (Q47 V33)

Just started working on the essays. Is it worth giving a try ? I think my GMAT score is a big negative. Should I be giving another try for a 30-40 point improvement and then apply ?

I will be happy to hear comments from you guys. Good luck to those who have already applied.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Which class option are most folks selecting at NYU Langone? [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2007, 08:47
Wanted to find out which class option are most folks applying to?
The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking, wouldn't the faculty differ based on the option selected?
:)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 May 2007, 09:26
You're thinking is correct. Some of the big-name faculty won't be teaching on weekends or in Westchester. They'll be teaching the 6pm - 9pm block on the weekdays.

I work on the campus so hopefully they won't make me truck out to Westchester :(
Intern
Intern

submitted on 5/14... [#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 10:13
...and now the wait begins. Good luck all, and pls update here if you have any juicy stuff to share abt the process :)
Intern
Intern

I submitted my application yesterday [#permalink] New post 16 May 2007, 18:15
On dead line day!

I am only applying to NYU at this time so I feel relieved after the submission. I went out and bought some flowers and planted them in the front yard yesterday. Beautiful flowers!! :))

No matter what happens to the application, I am planning to have a blast this summer! Maybe some broadway shows and travel to some unknown places....

What are your plans, guys/girls?
Intern
Intern

Admitted to NYU Stern [#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 12:21
Folks....I am extremely happy to let you all know that I received notification from NYU Stern - I am in!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by checkitout on 19 Jun 2007, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 12:43
Congrats! Can you post your stats?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 12:49
Also, can you let us know when you submitted your application? I am an anxious reapplicant!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 May 2007, 13:03
Good luck to all waiting!

Last edited by checkitout on 19 Jun 2007, 06:05, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Any updates from anyone? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 10:22
Does anyone have any updates on the application status? I applied on May 14th and was wondering when can I expect to hear about the results.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2007, 17:47
I haven't seen any update on the online application status neither, other than the original message that they have received the application and it is being processed and presented to admission committe for review.

I am not expecting any status change until they made their decision to either accept or decline or waitlist me. And that could take 6 to 8 weeks.

Be patient and enjoy your free days!! :-D Things are out of your hand and worrying wouldn't change your fate.

BTW, how does everyone convince yourself that NYU is worth the big tuition tag? I had a hard time to convince myself because I am not planning to get into any of those professions that will make big bucks...I still want to have time to enjoy my life :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2007, 11:27
I have received notification from NYU yesterday (6/5) that I am in too. I have sent my application on 5/10 and I was notified that I was missing a paper on 5/18. That was pretty quick. I am considering going since I might move to another city with a promotion so I might not be able to attend. As for price tag on NYU i dont care since my company is paying for it.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2007, 13:03
Congratulations!

Did you by any chance receive the notification by email or with a letter from NYU? Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you.

dimitris wrote:
I have received notification from NYU yesterday (6/5) that I am in too. I have sent my application on 5/10 and I was notified that I was missing a paper on 5/18. That was pretty quick. I am considering going since I might move to another city with a promotion so I might not be able to attend. As for price tag on NYU i dont care since my company is paying for it.
Intern
Intern

Congrats [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2007, 03:58
Congratulations.

I got an email yesterday saying that one of my reco was old and the reco needs to be resubmitted.

Lets hope for the best.

For others, Good luck folks.

RC
Intern
Intern

wow [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2007, 06:36
wow, congratulations to those who've been accepted!!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 21:04
Hi!

My stats even though i hate the expression are:
2 years military
5 years consumer goods
Masters Degree from Ivy league school
710 GMAT

Good luck to everyone!If you are on this forum is that you really did the extra mile needed to get in!

sg_nyc wrote:
Congratulations!

Did you by any chance receive the notification by email or with a letter from NYU? Would you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you.

dimitris wrote:
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2007, 21:06
I got an email that my status has been updated. At the beginning i thought they would be asking for more papers but it looks like they have accepted me. I got the letter in the mail 2 days later.

sg_nyc wrote:
Congratulations!

Thank you.

dimitris wrote:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2007, 06:12
Hi all,

Congrats to all accepted.

I see dimitrus applied on May 10th and has already been accepted. Has anyone heard anything that applied later.

I applied at the last minute and will probably be waiting til July.

Pete
  [#permalink] 10 Jun 2007, 06:12