Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Tenore your post gives me some hope. The last few days I have had serious doubts about my chances of an admit. My low GMAT score being the first reason and secondly the essays with that word limit just aren't coming together very well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
Tenore your post gives me some hope. The last few days I have had serious doubts about my chances of an admit. My low GMAT score being the first reason and secondly the essays with that word limit just aren't coming together very well.

The word limits suck. I so feel your pain. But at least they suck equally for everyone.

A lot of the Langone admits from the fall ’07 thread had profiles similar to yours. You should give it a read, it will cheer you up.

Nothing is a sure thing, but we all have a fighting shot.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So my App went in on April 29th. On the good side I have a strong gmat, good work progression and decent cumulative GPA. On the bad side I have some questionable early undergrad grades (for reasons out of my control).

It’s about two weeks until they start reviewing apps, and about 2 months until the majority of admits will be notified. So begins the wait….

To keep me sane, Fordham admitted me last month. They received all my papers on the 21st and admitted me on the 23rd. At least I’ll be going to b-school somewhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I feel like this thread has died - thanks Tenore for posting all of that info! Should spark some interesting convo and/or optimism. I have yet to write my essays too...in fact, I'm still perfecting my resume! I just want to make sure everything is perfect, you know? Nice to know that some people are in the same boat here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I agree Tangaroo....I really wanted to see some activity on this thread. Thanks Tenore.

Yes, it's like this one shot we all have and we really want to get in. I haven't been productive at getting it all done but the apprehension consumes me all the time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
I feel like this thread has died -

bozo190101 wrote:
I agree Tangaroo....I really wanted to see some activity on this thread.

If this thread follows the pattern of all the other Langone applicant's threads, the activity level will skyrocket in just about 2 weeks. We're certainly off to the busiest start; the spring thread didn’t reach 7 pages until a few days after the deadline. We're overachievers!

Can you guys feel the OCD potential this forum and the whole app process will bring to us?!

On another note, I took the gmat scores from the fall '08 Langone applicant list that Kidderek made and calculated the average (including the 3 profiles given after the list was recompiled by Bozo). The result? 677. If NYU took all 13 of us, we'd fit Langone's GMAT average perfectly...

Other facts about us gmat clubbers? Our total range is 610 - 750, with an 80% range of 620 - 730. Our median score is 680. Again, really close to Langone's published stats.

However, our UGPA is high at 3.61. If I recall, Langone avg is 3.4.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:
I feel like this thread has died -

bozo190101 wrote:
I agree Tangaroo....I really wanted to see some activity on this thread.

If this thread follows the pattern of all the other Langone applicant's threads, the activity level will skyrocket in just about 2 weeks. We're certainly off to the busiest start; the spring thread didn’t reach 7 pages until a few days after the deadline. We're overachievers!

It will be filled with, "Anyone have the latest count?" and "Congrats, do you mind sharing your stats?"

haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Submitted my app today. Not the best at waiting, so I know the next months will be tough. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Wow Tenore... what a great job!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The waiting definitely sucks but at the same time we have this message board to refresh over and over again throughout the day to see if anyone has any new information... haha... certainly some comfort in that. :-D
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
K guys I get dibs on Tenore in my team if - I mean WHEN - we all get in. Hope you flaunted those excellent analytical skills in the app! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All:

Is any one of you applying for Westchester? What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by policy on 03 May 2008, 20:34.
Last edited by policy on 09 May 2008, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Folks, I graduated from an Indian University and my official transcript does not have a GPA calculated. Is submitting a GPA equivalent necessary? I have no clue how to calculate it.

Appreciate your help
Manager
Manager
Send PM
arorasa - I believe there are services that will be translate your transcript for you. Otherwise I'd contact Stern for further guidance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when and how we're supposed to recieve notification that NYU received our transcripts? Is this something they would email you about or should I call admissions to have them check?

I haven't submitted my application yet, but I did recieve notifications of other things, such as when my recommendations were submitted online.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
During the information session, the adcom mentioned that after the application is complete and submitted, within a couple of days they will notify us if transcripts are missing or anything else needs to be sent in. So if there isn't a notice then they did receive everything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Just 10 more days before the real waiting begins...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  60