Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
BusinessGuru wrote:

What happens after we submit the registration preferences etc.? When do they let us know about the core group? Is there any status page for registration?

I have not heard from NYU since I submitted my registration forms. Any suggestions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
Has anyone tried calling or emailing adcom to ask if their Kroll stuff went through? I'm contemplating doing so, but don't want to seem like a pain - also, don't want to take away from the other work they're doing (ie, reviewing waitlisted people)!

I've considered this as well... let us know what happens if you do!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
BusinessGuru wrote:
BusinessGuru wrote:

What happens after we submit the registration preferences etc.? When do they let us know about the core group? Is there any status page for registration?

I have not heard from NYU since I submitted my registration forms. Any suggestions?

If you try to click on the "Registration and Bursar Forms" link on the New Student Tour, it would tell that you are already registered. I received a receipt from Bursar about 10 days after I registered/paid online. That's the only confirmation they send out to you, I guess.

Since I am in the Weekends, I don't have to worry about my Core Group. I am not sure about Core Group assignment for Weeknights.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Folks, did any of you receive an email about "Pre Pre Term"? Has anyone accepted already? We could plan to meet during that event. Anyone interested?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Can anyone provide a database count update? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Folks, did any of you receive an email about "Pre Pre Term"? Has anyone accepted already? We could plan to meet during that event. Anyone interested?

I accepted and am looking forward to meeting people.

In other news, the database is at 428 now.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:

In other news, the database is at 428 now.

Ugh, 428? Am I as good as being dinged?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have started working on spring 09 application. The DB count at 428 is too close to the finish line. Who are these new people admitted?
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
NYU must be working long hours because the database was 428 around 7 last night and now it's at 423. That's good news for the people waiting!
Intern
Intern
:-D

Originally posted by NYUorbust on 13 Aug 2008, 06:38.
Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
NYUorbust...I love the spirit. I am absolutely hoping you are right on the mark. The problem is I haven't even been waitlisted as my application with the undergraduate degree reached them so late!!

Anyways here is hoping for the best that all of us get in!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NYUorbust wrote:
Fellow waitlisters - let's not give up hope! According to CFAChartholder22's handy dandy database, we ONLY need 9 spots in order to clear everyone waiting on this site! At 428, speculating they could take anywhere from 445 to 500, judging by prior years admittance - we're golden! It's not over until it's over! Get the $1,000 ready - the Waitlisters are moving in!

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, and I am certain a few will indeed get off the waitlist, BUT… at this point, don't rest your plans on it.

Those thinking about re-applying for spring have just about a month to get their application together. So, if you’re on the waitlist, and you’re serious about spring, you should not be waiting around.

Here is the good news: NYU tends to reward re-apps that substantially improve their application by giving early notification of admission. SO, retake those gmats, do something leadershipy, and polish up those essays!

If you happen to get taken off the waitlist before then, then count yourself lucky! If not, then have a solid plan B to console you.
Intern
Intern
Hey listen Tenore - we're waitlisted for a reason - not rejected. We're not stupid! I definitely have my plan B and I'm sure everyone else does too. But a little moral support goes a long way right now. If I get rejected off the waitlist, I know exactly what I need to improve and will reapply in the Fall. I'm just going to hold onto - it's not over until it's over! No one thought the American Gymnasts were going to even place and they got Bronze! No one though Dara Torres was worth anything at 41 and she brought the relay team back to the Silver spot! Regardless of what happens, the spirit and hope stays until the rejection email comes. And if it does, I know I gave my all with no regrets. If I get off the waitlist, just give me a smile when I sit right next to you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:

What is this "pre pre term" you speak of? I was accepted into the program back in June and have heard nothing of this "pre pre term"......
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NYUorbust wrote:
Hey listen Tenore - we're waitlisted for a reason - not rejected. We're not stupid! I definitely have my plan B and I'm sure everyone else does too. But a little moral support goes a long way right now. If I get rejected off the waitlist, I know exactly what I need to improve and will reapply in the Fall. I'm just going to hold onto - it's not over until it's over! No one thought the American Gymnasts were going to even place and they got Bronze! No one though Dara Torres was worth anything at 41 and she brought the relay team back to the Silver spot! Regardless of what happens, the spirit and hope stays until the rejection email comes. And if it does, I know I gave my all with no regrets. If I get off the waitlist, just give me a smile when I sit right next to you!

I just would hate for someone to read your post and get their waitlist hopes unrealistically high. I’m more likely to encourage someone towards a positive action than cheerlead them through a process that's not extremely likely to be positive. That’s the realist in me…

Of course, I don’t think that anyone should give up hope. In past years, 2 or 3 gmat clubbers per cycle seem to get off the waitlist (I hope this year -everyone- gets in).

But, my point is that Sept 15 deadline is right around the corner and being prepared for it is –by far- the best shot anyone currently on the waitlist has of getting into NYU. In fact, re-apps that improve themselves seem to have a far better than normal shot.

Also, you seem to be personalizing my statements a little. I believe anyone smart enough to get waitlisted is smart enough to get into NYU. The adcom doesn’t decide on a person’s worth, they are just a gate to get past before you can attend a good b-school.

When you do get into Stern, you’re more than welcome to sit right next to me…
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
What is this "pre pre term" you speak of? I was accepted into the program back in June and have heard nothing of this "pre pre term"......

I actually got this e-mail from an NYU Yahoo group I joined. I plan to attend and hope to see some of you there. If you are not an invitee on the list, e-mail Lisa Stringer and she'll confirm you were admitted and she can add you. For her e-mail address, send me a message and I'll send it over to you. As I write this, there are already 86 people confirmed. Also, ArcadeKrazy, feel free to post your stats and your admission date and I'll add them to the tracker. Here is the e-mail:

Quote:
Hello incoming Sternies!

We hope you are excited about starting the Langone program in the fall. Come meet other Fall 08 incoming students at an informal happy hour after work.

This event is hosted by your part time student government, PTLF. PTLF members will be there to welcome you, answer questions, and just hang out. This is an informal event, so come as you are. Guests are welcome.

When: Friday, September 5th, 6:00PM - 9:00PM (or whenever!)
Where: Phebe's Tavern & Grill, 359 Bowery (at 4th Street)
Register:
https://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/ESLF ... termFALL08

Hope to see you all there!
Lisa Stringer
Part Time Leadership Forum

Here is the updated candidate list:
p474295#p474295

Here is the updated undergrad ranks file:
p494692#p494692

Originally posted by CFACharterholder22 on 13 Aug 2008, 07:42.
Last edited by CFACharterholder22 on 13 Aug 2008, 08:03, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Let me take the pleasure of posting the 1000th message. The most important post for the forum .

Can someone please post the db count as of today morning ? Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  60