Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Third recommendation ? [#permalink]
Thanks wizofoz for your advise.

[quote="wizofoz"]Well, if he/she can add something extra to strengthen your application, go for it; otherwise it will not help too much. Plus the colleague must have interacted/worked with you long enough to make an assessment.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm sure everybody now is waiting for the acknowledegement of the receipt of the applications as well as the result.

I'm just wondering how many among us have chosen Westchester campus as one of the options? And how many do you think are the total seats available for all the options? For the Fall semester,I assume its around 450 and this time it would be approximately half of it.

Any comments-guys??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My first preference is westchester. I got the following numbers from one of the info sessions, so they are accurate. Not sure what the break down is though.

Fall 2006 446 students
Spring 2007 282 students

satija wrote:
I'm sure everybody now is waiting for the acknowledegement of the receipt of the applications as well as the result.

I'm just wondering how many among us have chosen Westchester campus as one of the options? And how many do you think are the total seats available for all the options? For the Fall semester,I assume its around 450 and this time it would be approximately half of it.

Any comments-guys??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Application Deadline [#permalink]
I just checked the site this morning and they have the same message they had for fall "still accepting applications on a space available basis" So hopefully those of you hoping for an extension will still have the opportunity to be considered for fall.......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does anyone know if people who submitted their applications early have an advantage over the ones who submitted close to the deadline?
I have heard some folks talk about rolling admissions but some other have said that as long as you make the deadline, you have the same chance as everyone else.

I applied very very close to the deadline and now I am getting nervous.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Based on what I have seen on couple of boards for the Fall 07 cycle I feel that the admits happen in random fashion even though Stern says it admits people on a rolling basis. Maybe, they might start reviewing your application sooner but results have been announced in a haphazard manner.

Satija - FYI, Westchester was my third option.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did anyone hear today? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nope. They received my completed application packet on Monday (17th), so I would assume it would take at least a couple of days before they check it for completeness and send a confirmation email. What is the typical lead time?

When did you send out your application?

harshumann wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I called them up and they said it would be 2 weeks from the date of the receipt.

[quote="wizofoz"]Nope. They received my completed application packet on Monday (17th), so I would assume it would take at least a couple of days before they check it for completeness and send a confirmation email. What is the typical lead time?

[quote="harshumann"]Did anyone hear today? Thanks![/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am a little confused here. Are you guys talking about the time duration for the confirmation email to arrive OR was it the time for knowing the result ?

In my case, I submitted app online the night of 9/12 and mailed the docs on 9/13 for them to reach NYU the next day. But I got the receipt email along with the password for app status check website on 9/14 itself.

satija wrote:
I called them up and they said it would be 2 weeks from the date of the receipt.

wizofoz wrote:
Nope. They received my completed application packet on Monday (17th), so I would assume it would take at least a couple of days before they check it for completeness and send a confirmation email. What is the typical lead time?

harshumann wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, they mentioned that they would take maximum 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the application to send the acknowledgement of the application recept ( can take 1 day to 14 days)

In your case you got it early as I presume most of the candidates might have applied very late-close to the deadline so you got an earlier acknowledgement.

[quote="willtryagain"]I am a little confused here. Are you guys talking about the time duration for the confirmation email to arrive OR was it the time for knowing the result ?

In my case, I submitted app online the night of 9/12 and mailed the docs on 9/13 for them to reach NYU the next day. But I got the receipt email along with the password for app status check website on 9/14 itself.

[quote="satija"]I called them up and they said it would be 2 weeks from the date of the receipt.

[quote="wizofoz"]Nope. They received my completed application packet on Monday (17th), so I would assume it would take at least a couple of days before they check it for completeness and send a confirmation email. What is the typical lead time?

[quote="harshumann"]Did anyone hear today? Thanks![/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Update:

I got an email today from "NYU Stern MBA Admissions" confirming the receipt of the application as well access information for the application status update web site. I submitted my online application on 13th Sep and they received the supplemental material package on 17th Sep (which was mailed on 14th Sep).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Supplemental materials should be postmarked by 09/15 and should not matter when the Ad-Com receive them.
If the online app was submitted prior to 09/15, you should get the receipt email by now. If not then you should enquire Ad-Com by sending an email to "sternmba@stern.nyu.edu".
I think they would start sending the acceptance from next Tue / Wed.
>=700 guys should be the first to receive notifications. I submitted my app on 07/14 but probably will have to wait as my GMAT is in the lower range. Just kept my fingers crossed. Good luck to all!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was under the impression that they will send the receipt email/admission status password only when they have received the supplemental package.

harshumann wrote:
Supplemental materials should be postmarked by 09/15 and should not matter when the Ad-Com receive them.
If the online app was submitted prior to 09/15, you should get the receipt email by now. If not then you should enquire Ad-Com by sending an email to "sternmba@stern.nyu.edu".
I think they would start sending the acceptance from next Tue / Wed.
>=700 guys should be the first to receive notifications. I submitted my app on 07/14 but probably will have to wait as my GMAT is in the lower range. Just kept my fingers crossed. Good luck to all!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes wizofoz, you are correct. Anyways, It should not take more than couple of days to receive the supplemental materials.
You have a very good GMAT score and you would definitely make it.
All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Harshumann,

I assume you have received the acknowledegement email .I haven't received it yet. Shall wait till evening or otherwisw I shall email them tomorrow.

[quote="harshumann"]Yes wizofoz, you are correct. Anyways, It should not take more than couple of days to receive the supplemental materials.
You have a very good GMAT score and you would definitely make it.
All the best![/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I submitted my application on the 13th and got the email notification this morning.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38