Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Update on July 20 - I received email from NYU yesterday saying that my admission has been received and they are processing it. If any additional info is required they would be contacting me. But, it (next email / contact) might not happen until Sep 15. They also say about the FIFO process in reviewing the apps.

FYI - I had sent an email mentioning issues with my recs and the above info was a response to that email. So don't know if that matters.

No - I am still waiting. I believe delay might be since one of my recs has not been submitted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scorpio guy,

How many recommednations did you submit ? I have already got hold of 3 of them.One from academics,two from profession.

Still need to appear for GMAT ,first week of August.Have started writing essays too.Transcripts wil come in a month.Does anybody know if I can submit the application without the transcripts (which can follow later)?

Good luck to everybody.

Cheers!!

Umesh Satija

[quote="scorpioguy"][color=red][u][b]Update on July 20[/b][/u][/color] - I received email from NYU yesterday saying that my admission has been received and they are processing it. If any additional info is required they would be contacting me. But, it (next email / contact) might not happen until Sep 15. They also say about the FIFO process in reviewing the apps.

FYI - I had sent an email mentioning issues with my recs and the above info was a response to that email. So don't know if that matters.

No - I am still waiting. I believe delay might be since one of my recs has not been submitted.[/quote]
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had four. But two of them are over a year old as I had started the apps process in 2006 and had to delay due to personal reasons.

When I called Adcomm they said I would need fresh recs. So I got two more and sent an email to adcomm to consider latest 2.

Umesh - you can submit your apps without the transcript, but the app is considered incomplete until your transcripts are delivered.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
% marks to GPA conversion ? [#permalink]
Question to those Indian guys out there -

Do you know how % marks get converted to GPA ? If I have 80% marks, What will be my GPA ?

Thanks
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did not convert the %. In NYU and Kellogg apps they accept %.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Since the class size is much lower in Spring, does this mean it is more difficult to get in at this time or is it simply a case of fewer applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
But do you know if NYU apply different conversion rules based on which indian university you graduated from ?

I have an 80% marks and I am curious to see where I fit in. Is it considered good GPA?

scorpioguy wrote:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
My understanding is that chances are relatively the same for both terms.

rx22 wrote:
Since the class size is much lower in Spring, does this mean it is more difficult to get in at this time or is it simply a case of fewer applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sending application [#permalink]
ScorpioGuy,

I just finished all essays (including optional essay 4). I also informed my recommenders about asking them for recommendations.
Question, on the application, which forms are sent in regular mail and which are sent online?

Thanks,
Mike
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mike

You have to send your transcripts and unofficial GMAT score by mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScorpioGuy [#permalink]
Thanks ScorpioGuy!
I'll submit my application in the next weeks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
willtryagain wrote:
But do you know if NYU apply different conversion rules based on which indian university you graduated from ?

I have an 80% marks and I am curious to see where I fit in. Is it considered good GPA?

scorpioguy wrote:

Usually, in US colleges the system looks something like so,
100-93 A 4.0
92.9-90 A- 3.7
89.9-87.1 B+ 3.3
87-83 B 3.0
82.9-80 B- 2.7
79.9-77.1 C+ 2.3
77-73 C 2.0
72.9-70 C- 1.7
69.9-67.1 D+ 1.3
67-60 D- 1.0
Below 60 F 0.0

Now this is in US only and may not translate to Indian based grades. I have no saying in what you got.

Although good luck with your application.

PS 3.5 and above gets you on the Dean's list. Good list to be on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: ScorpioGuy [#permalink]
Hi everyone,

I also want to apply for the Spring 08 semester, but I have to take the GMAT near mid-August and see how well I do. I'm almost 32, Chinese American, work in asset management firm; subpar undergrad school & gpa but upward trend, 3.67 grad gpa, CFA Charterholder. Do you think I have a shot if my GMAT is 650 and my esssays are good? Obviously, I want to get above 650, but if not, I would still consider applying.

Where are you all from? Boston here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all,

I'm applying to the part-time program. Still debating between full-time and part-time, but I'll apply to NYU since it's the only part time program in NYC :)

I'm 25, I have a 3.4 GPA and 760 GMATs....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am re-applying for spring 2008. Got waitlisted 2 weeks back for Fall 2007.
I have to retake GMAT (first score 610). I need tips from ppl.

1. Shud I join a professional class for GMAT. If yes, which?
2. I get limited time to study - max 1 hr/day - not even that - how do I maximise that time - let me know the strategy.

I have'nt started at all for reapply. Obviously I cannot retake GMAT before sept 15 but plan to mention that in essay 4.

Any tips appreciated.

Thx
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Inaik,

I also need to apply for Spring 2008,but haven't been able to get time to study for GMAT and didn't score good.
Do you thnk one can appear for GMAT even after September 15th?It may not be possbile for me to appear for it soon as I'm in the process of moving and changing over my job.

Any suggestions?

-Umesh

quote="lnaik"]I am re-applying for spring 2008. Got waitlisted 2 weeks back for Fall 2007.
I have to retake GMAT (first score 610). I need tips from ppl.

1. Shud I join a professional class for GMAT. If yes, which?
2. I get limited time to study - max 1 hr/day - not even that - how do I maximise that time - let me know the strategy.

I have'nt started at all for reapply. Obviously I cannot retake GMAT before sept 15 but plan to mention that in essay 4.

Any tips appreciated.

Thx[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You can mention lin essay 4 of the date that you plan to retake GMAT. I have decided today that I want to retake and apply in spring.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38