Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 16:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2008

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 16:05
Beagles,

How did you know that the verification was completed? Did adcom send you an email? I started my verification process on Oct 22nd, and I haven't been contacted by anyone so far.

Beagles wrote:
I just got word that I passed the Verification process, now maybe they'll let me show up on the New Student Database!

8-)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 16:26
wizofoz wrote:
Beagles,

How did you know that the verification was completed? Did adcom send you an email? I started my verification process on Oct 22nd, and I haven't been contacted by anyone so far.

Wiz,

I did get an e-mail from AdCom indicating that my deposit had been received and my verification process successfully completed. Essentially an unofficial "welcome" to Stern.

After submitting all of the information to Krall I never heard from them again, so I guess it's the old "no news is good news" theory.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 16:34
I have not received any email regarding the deposit though I showed up in the database about 3 days after I paid the money.

So how long did it take for you to get notified after you started the verification?

Beagles wrote:

Wiz,

I did get an e-mail from AdCom indicating that my deposit had been received and my verification process successfully completed. Essentially an unofficial "welcome" to Stern.

After submitting all of the information to Krall I never heard from them again, so I guess it's the old "no news is good news" theory.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 16:42
wizofoz wrote:
I have not received any email regarding the deposit though I showed up in the database about 3 days after I paid the money.

So how long did it take for you to get notified after you started the verification?

I didn't receive an e-mail specifically about the deposit, just the combined welcome e-mail about the received deposit and the verification process being completed.

I think I submitted the verification process information on Halloween...
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 17:26
A quick question to all of you guys who have got through...I just heard the word yesterday that I am in. I am assuming that they are going to send me a packet by mail sometime soon. Is there anything that I can do as a part of the registration process before I get the packet ?

I am confused to a certain extent.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 17:33
shall_win wrote:
A quick question to all of you guys who have got through...I just heard the word yesterday that I am in. I am assuming that they are going to send me a packet by mail sometime soon. Is there anything that I can do as a part of the registration process before I get the packet ?

No.. You'll do well to wait.

Or...

You can practice your signature a couple of times, make sure your fax machine is working or get yourself a stamp and an envelope. I cant think of anything else. Just kidding!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 18:44
shall_win wrote:

shall_win,

If you want to, you can actually pay your $1000 deposit via credit card or e-check. You don't need to wait for the admission packet to arrive to do that. Just go the new student tour website, hit register, make a payment, print out and fill out the forms and fax the two pages to NYU. That will take care of your deposit.

I believe, you can also submit a request for a core course waiver. You don't need to wait for the packet to arrive to do that, either.

Other than that, as ioiio said, just relax and wait fo the package. :)
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2007, 20:34
be careful when you pay by credit card... they will charge you a small fee. read the fine prints.

MBA0007 wrote:
shall_win wrote:

shall_win,

If you want to, you can actually pay your $1000 deposit via credit card or e-check. You don't need to wait for the admission packet to arrive to do that. Just go the new student tour website, hit register, make a payment, print out and fill out the forms and fax the two pages to NYU. That will take care of your deposit.

I believe, you can also submit a request for a core course waiver. You don't need to wait for the packet to arrive to do that, either.

Other than that, as ioiio said, just relax and wait fo the package. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 06:11
echk is free btw
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 06:15
Beagles wrote:
I just got word that I passed the Verification process, now maybe they'll let me show up on the New Student Database!

8-)

Out of curiosity, do you know if they contacted your recomenders?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 07:25
JustSayin wrote:

JS, I'm not certain, but as far as I know, they did not.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 08:48
Beagles wrote:
JustSayin wrote:

JS, I'm not certain, but as far as I know, they did not.

No problem either way. Just figured I would give them a head's up if they did for sure. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 09:36
Hey,

not new to the forum b/c i have been monitoring it, but I just signed up. Got the acceptance letter today for washington square weeknights! stats for those interested:

gmat: 690
gpa: 2.9 (sh1tty i know)
WE: 4.5 (last 2.5 with an Investment Bank)

What makes it more weird is that im an indian male in IT...from what i hear thats the most saturated applicant class. watevvz. The online status letter says i have to fill out the enrollment reply and payment forms in the official admission letter. Will that be coming in the mail? or is that something i access onlne? the status site doesnt have a link for it. Thanks n good luck to all those still tryin to get in.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 10:25
Congrats MSG & welcome to the forum!

You should get a packet in the mail in a few days with everything you'll need. I guess its possible to pay your deposit before the mail comes but you'll still have to send back a form (from your packet) to them so there really is no point.

For now, just concentrate on enjoying the moment. A bottle of bubbly is def in order! There is plenty of time for paperwork next week.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 12:18
Congrats everybody and good luck to others who are waiting/have been waiting.I am giving this up. Don't have enuf patience left.Already there may be many more above me in the list with better scores/credentials.

Have fun everybody.Thanks for the wonderful support all of you gave.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 12:20
Come on. You've come this far, nows not the time to give up..
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 12:28
I'm not the kinds to give up so soon but this so called "wait" does not even allow me to look any further.

I have done so much to come to NJ,left a very high paying permanent job, moved my family here (me and my wife).Can't be more patient.Asking for the database count daily presuming it doesn't go up soon.

Anyway, I know if I get thru,I'll be more than happy to be a part of Stern but if I don't ,I'll probably go back to India and not apply for next semester.Don't have more words right now.

[quote="langone08"]Come on. You've come this far, nows not the time to give up..[/quote]
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 13:49
Satija, There are many better schools than Stern.
Here is the latest Part-Time ranking from Business Week:
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/
Stern is moved to #25 in US.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 13:54
mba_gmatclub wrote:
Satija, There are many better schools than Stern.
Here is the latest Part-Time ranking from Business Week:
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/
Stern is moved to #25 in US.

The chance to attend NYU Stern is obviously something Satija wants greatly, so all any of us can do is hope for good luck with the AdCom.

We could discuss the merits of BusinessWeek's methodology for part-time programs, but I don't think that's terribly relevant.

Last edited by Beagles on 14 Nov 2007, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2007, 14:02
Satija

Let's not lose hope now. Still couple of weeks to go before Dec 1st.

satija wrote:
Congrats everybody and good luck to others who are waiting/have been waiting.I am giving this up. Don't have enuf patience left.Already there may be many more above me in the list with better scores/credentials.

Have fun everybody.Thanks for the wonderful support all of you gave.
  [#permalink] 14 Nov 2007, 14:02