Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 121
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2007, 20:48
Thanks MBA0007- Wish you the same as well.

[quote="MBA0007]

I am sorry to hear that, Satija. Good luck to you!!![/quote]
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:02
Satija,

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on your next application, wherever that may be.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 244
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:21
Tough Luck Satija.

Hope your request for an interview is accepted.

My 2 cents - Try to increase your GMAT score and that should help in getting you through the door in NYU. You have the diverse profile compared to the majority of the candidates from India.

Anyway - all the best (for the interview and with Duke, Wharton etc)!!!

satija wrote:
Friends,

I am not "through".I don't want to say that I'll apply next time. I have e-mailed NYU requesting for an interview.See what they have to say.

Otherwise, Wharton,Columbia and Duke are always there.I'll re-appear for GMAT but never look back at NYU for next semester if they don't call me for interview.Hope they do.

Enjoy Everybody.It was really a great moral support from everyone out here.

Best Regards,

Umesh Satija
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 244
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:24
To those who are still waiting...

Do you think that if we don't hear today we can conclude that we are automatically waitlisted? Considering the next week is a short one and then you have only 1 more week to Dec 1st....

Just a thought I had yesterday.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:59
I spoke to someone who is in the program and they were accepted in the last week. Also if you look at the Fall 2007 thread there were people who were accepted close to the notification date. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. btw how many people waiting? ScorpioGuy you should really call them and find out. its bizzare that you have not heard esp. since you applied early
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 244
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 07:43
I already called once and got the standard "check the website" answer.

langone08 wrote:
I spoke to someone who is in the program and they were accepted in the last week. Also if you look at the Fall 2007 thread there were people who were accepted close to the notification date. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. btw how many people waiting? ScorpioGuy you should really call them and find out. its bizzare that you have not heard esp. since you applied early
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 07:47
I'm still waiting but I got waitlisted in early October so I don't know if that counts


langone08 wrote:
I spoke to someone who is in the program and they were accepted in the last week. Also if you look at the Fall 2007 thread there were people who were accepted close to the notification date. So I wouldn't give up hope yet. btw how many people waiting? ScorpioGuy you should really call them and find out. its bizzare that you have not heard esp. since you applied early
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 08:10
So looks like only 3 of us?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 08:19
I think there's one or two more

langone08 wrote:
So looks like only 3 of us?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 08:25
I applied close to the Septebmer deadline and am still waiting to receive a response back from Ad Comm.

Any thoughts on how Ad Comm view applicants that are willing to re-locate in order to attend this program? Has anyone that received acceptance into Stern required to re-locate as part of their admission?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 10:24
we have to pay $100 for our own verification?! this is robbery!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 10:40
You must be joking! I guess $175 app fee, when all other school charge less than half that amount, is not enough


claricely wrote:
we have to pay $100 for our own verification?! this is robbery!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 11:26
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 11:36
top tier ones do. I actually meant local schools, perhaps I wasn't clear. But NYU can hardly compare itself to Harvard or Wharton.

Beagles wrote:
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 11:54
hatethewait wrote:
top tier ones do. I actually meant local schools, perhaps I wasn't clear. But NYU can hardly compare itself to Harvard or Wharton.


Who would you say that NYU can compare itself to?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 11:57
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.



Beagles wrote:
hatethewait wrote:
top tier ones do. I actually meant local schools, perhaps I wasn't clear. But NYU can hardly compare itself to Harvard or Wharton.


Who would you say that NYU can compare itself to?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 12:10
hatethewait wrote:
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.


I would say, it is just below Columbia, but above Cornell and way, way above Rutgers and Baruch.

As far as paying $100 for verification is concerned, you are about to pay $80,000 for your MBA. So, does $100 really matter? :lol:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 12:18
Good point. :wink:

As for the ranking, you think NYU above Cornell? It's an Ivy League school and is way more prestigious, at least according to the I-bankers I've spoken with.

MBA0007 wrote:
hatethewait wrote:
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.


I would say, it is just below Columbia, but above Cornell and way, way above Rutgers and Baruch.

As far as paying $100 for verification is concerned, you are about to pay $80,000 for your MBA. So, does $100 really matter? :lol:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 13:41
hatethewait wrote:
Good point. :wink:

As for the ranking, you think NYU above Cornell? It's an Ivy League school and is way more prestigious, at least according to the I-bankers I've spoken with.


Yeah, I think, it is more prestigious in the finance field. In general management, perhaps, Cornell is better known, but in Finance, NYU is higher. Cornell is an Ivy League school. But it is rarely mentioned in the same breath as Harvard, Columbia, Stanford and the other Ivys.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 14:50
Verification isn't covered by my company, so I do care.


MBA0007 wrote:
hatethewait wrote:
Maybe Kellogg? Locally, I think it's in a class by itself, as it is below Columbia or Cornell but above Rutgers or Baruch.


I would say, it is just below Columbia, but above Cornell and way, way above Rutgers and Baruch.

As far as paying $100 for verification is concerned, you are about to pay $80,000 for your MBA. So, does $100 really matter? :lol:
  [#permalink] 16 Nov 2007, 14:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
7 NYU Langone - Spring 2011 LEmeY 186 16 Sep 2010, 09:23
NYU Langone Spring 2010 evox 61 27 Sep 2009, 18:55
15 NYU Langone Spring 2009 yubjun 189 02 Aug 2008, 06:03
43 NYU Langone Fall 2008 kidderek 1199 11 Feb 2008, 09:20
NYU Langone Spring 2007 chaitan 76 01 Sep 2006, 20:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38    Next  [ 758 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.