Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 15:47
claricely wrote:
Verification isn't covered by my company, so I do care.


I guess, it is a matter of individual perspective in each case.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 463
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 19:41
Beagles wrote:
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.


Especially for foreign students. They are actually verifying my undergrad stuff etc.

They apparently have asked for pay slips or something like that as proof from my employers. I guess my recommenders havent been spoken to yet. But they must have verified my references and their designations in the office etc.

I wont be surprised if they check ur credit history to see whether you'll pay promptly. They seem to be very thorough.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 19:47
I started the verification on Oct 22nd and haven't heard anything from anyone; no requests for pay stubs, nothing.

Maybe I should contact NYU...or maybe not...hmmm....



ioiio wrote:
Beagles wrote:
I thought the additional $100 for verification was a bit much, but I suppose that depending on the amount of information that Kroll is verifying it could be a few hours (or more) for each applicant.

Are other schools really less than half of Stern's $175 application fee? From what I've seen the other schools in the top tier are charging similar amounts.


Especially for foreign students. They are actually verifying my undergrad stuff etc.

They apparently have asked for pay slips or something like that as proof from my employers. I guess my recommenders havent been spoken to yet. But they must have verified my references and their designations in the office etc.

I wont be surprised if they check ur credit history to see whether you'll pay promptly. They seem to be very thorough.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2007, 18:07
wizofoz wrote:
I started the verification on Oct 22nd and haven't heard anything from anyone; no requests for pay stubs, nothing.

Maybe I should contact NYU...or maybe not...hmmm....


Outside of receiving the email confirmation from Kroll that they had received my faxed authorization documentation, I never heard from Kroll. The next communication I received was from Stern indicating the the verification process had successfully completed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2007, 08:04
what's the updated count please?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2007, 09:28
hatethewait wrote:
what's the updated count please?


Latest count: 194
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Verified [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2007, 10:02
Got my 'Verification Complete' email today. I guess that makes me officially official!

Now that small matter of paying tuition...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Still Waiting... [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2007, 17:50
Has anyone from the waiting list heard back yet; Including rejections...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2007, 17:51
i wrote to the adcom stating my gmat retake date. I am still waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Still Waiting... [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 05:43
Nope. Still waiting.

SixSigma19 wrote:
Has anyone from the waiting list heard back yet; Including rejections...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 07:18
Total count is 204, so far.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 07:21
Thanks. So how many seats left do you think after estimating the lag?

MBA0007 wrote:
Total count is 204, so far.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 07:37
I think 20-30 max.

langone08 wrote:
Thanks. So how many seats left do you think after estimating the lag?

MBA0007 wrote:
Total count is 204, so far.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 62
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 10:02
hatethewait wrote:
I think 20-30 max.

langone08 wrote:
Thanks. So how many seats left do you think after estimating the lag?

MBA0007 wrote:
Total count is 204, so far.


I would say 30-40, given the size of the class last Spring of 282. There are still 10 days left. So, don't give up guys, just yet!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 244
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 10:19
That's what I am hoping for. Also, we need to remember with thanksgiving there are only 7 more days (not counting today) left.

Each day I feel I am getting closer to the purgatory of the waitlist (and hope it is not hell of rejection)

MBA0007 wrote:
hatethewait wrote:
I think 20-30 max.

langone08 wrote:
Thanks. So how many seats left do you think after estimating the lag?

MBA0007 wrote:
Total count is 204, so far.


I would say 30-40, given the size of the class last Spring of 282. There are still 10 days left. So, don't give up guys, just yet!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 10:46
lol...I hear you, man!

I can't wait till I now either way. Everyday instead of working I'm either on the status website or on this forum. I need to get some work done! :)

[quote="scorpioguy"]That's what I am hoping for. Also, we need to remember with thanksgiving there are only 7 more days (not counting today) left.

Each day I feel I am getting closer to the purgatory of the waitlist (and hope it is not hell of rejection)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 11:44
For those still waiting, have you applied to any other schools? I have been debating whether to accept one of the other offers while I wait. I understand I can cancel my enrollment to the other schools if I choose elsewhere. Of course, I would lose my deposit.

Just curious if anyone else has made a decision on their next steps...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 46
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 11:47
I haven't applied anywhere else and not planning to. If I don't get in this semester, I'll reapply for Fall 2008.

SixSigma19 wrote:
For those still waiting, have you applied to any other schools? I have been debating whether to accept one of the other offers while I wait. I understand I can cancel my enrollment to the other schools if I choose elsewhere. Of course, I would lose my deposit.

Just curious if anyone else has made a decision on their next steps...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2007
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Interviews [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 14:23
Hi,

I had my interview w/Stern yesterday. It went quite well and the person I spoke to gave me a lot of positive indicators.

I already know two people on this forum who got accepted after their interviews.

I was just wondering...

- if there is anyone else out there who was asked to interview w/Stern and then denied admission?

- if there is anyone else who had an interview and is waiting for a reply? If so, how long has it been?

Good luck to all!

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Interviews [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2007, 14:29
Cool Duffman. Did they invite you for an interview or did you ask for one? Were you waitlisted? Do you mind posting your profile again?

Thanks
duffman wrote:
Hi,

I had my interview w/Stern yesterday. It went quite well and the person I spoke to gave me a lot of positive indicators.

I already know two people on this forum who got accepted after their interviews.

I was just wondering...

- if there is anyone else out there who was asked to interview w/Stern and then denied admission?

- if there is anyone else who had an interview and is waiting for a reply? If so, how long has it been?

Good luck to all!

Thanks,
Re: Interviews   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2007, 14:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
7 NYU Langone - Spring 2011 LEmeY 186 16 Sep 2010, 09:23
NYU Langone Spring 2010 evox 61 27 Sep 2009, 18:55
15 NYU Langone Spring 2009 yubjun 189 02 Aug 2008, 06:03
43 NYU Langone Fall 2008 kidderek 1199 11 Feb 2008, 09:20
NYU Langone Spring 2007 chaitan 76 01 Sep 2006, 20:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Langone Spring 2008

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  38    Next  [ 758 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.