Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Spring 2009

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 10:30
Is it called "SSL.."?

Thanks.

Tangaroo wrote:
langone08 wrote:
Does anyone know how much to budget for books every semester assuming I take 6 credits

Just finished up my first semester at Stern - I think I spent a little over $200 on books, but that's with digging around online for bargains for that huge Accounting text. Speaking of which, I also wanted to insert my shameless plug if any of you are starting this Spring and needs the text for Accounting - send me a PM if you're interested :P

And congrats to all who were admitted!
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 10:33
sorry, is it Financial Accounting L.L.S?

welldone2008 wrote:
Is it called "SSL.."?

Thanks.

Tangaroo wrote:
langone08 wrote:
Does anyone know how much to budget for books every semester assuming I take 6 credits

Just finished up my first semester at Stern - I think I spent a little over $200 on books, but that's with digging around online for bargains for that huge Accounting text. Speaking of which, I also wanted to insert my shameless plug if any of you are starting this Spring and needs the text for Accounting - send me a PM if you're interested :P

And congrats to all who were admitted!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2009, 10:18
Did everyone receive their official class schedule for Spring? I have not as of yet after registering online for classes and paying my deposit a few months back.

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2009, 09:47
Is anyone waiting for their loan approval? I haven't paid as yet/registered and my loan papers haven't been accepted by Stern. Getting a little antsy as the classes are getting filled.

Believe in yourself.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2009, 12:45
Does anybody know how easy it is to switch from the weekend program to the weekday program. Recent changes at my job has made it a better option to go during the week instead of the weekend. I was admitted into the weekend program.

I have heard that after the first semester you can take classes during the week or weekend. Is this true? If that was the case it would seem that which program you are in only makes a difference up until the summer terms begin in may?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2009, 12:49
welldone2008 wrote:

welldone2008 wrote:
Is it called "SSL.."?

Thanks.

quote]

Hey welldone2008 - it's Financial Accounting by Libby, Libby & Short (5th edition). I PM'ed you but not sure if you got it yet. If you or anyone else here is interested, let me know...want to get rid of this thing and would love to pass on the savings to you guys :)
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2009, 14:18
sorry I have one already. Thanks anyway.

Tangaroo wrote:
welldone2008 wrote:

welldone2008 wrote:
Is it called "SSL.."?

Thanks.

quote]

Hey welldone2008 - it's Financial Accounting by Libby, Libby & Short (5th edition). I PM'ed you but not sure if you got it yet. If you or anyone else here is interested, let me know...want to get rid of this thing and would love to pass on the savings to you guys :)
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2009, 14:19
I like weekend program but was admitted to weekdays. We both will be happy to see if we can switch.

applicant2 wrote:
Does anybody know how easy it is to switch from the weekend program to the weekday program. Recent changes at my job has made it a better option to go during the week instead of the weekend. I was admitted into the weekend program.

I have heard that after the first semester you can take classes during the week or weekend. Is this true? If that was the case it would seem that which program you are in only makes a difference up until the summer terms begin in may?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2009, 16:23
Tangaroo and others -
I am sure you have heard of Stern Book Connection. But posting the link here for the benefit of others. You can buy/sell your books here.

http://www.bapmuchapter.org/books/

Tangaroo wrote:
welldone2008 wrote:

welldone2008 wrote:
Is it called "SSL.."?

Thanks.

quote]

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009 [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2009, 06:52
stmarks wrote:
Wow, 299. So here are two questions for anyone that might know:

a) What happens to Waitlisters once they hit 300? Do they ding everyone else, or do they keep the list going in case any of the accepted bow out?

b) Has NYU strayed from their # in the past? Are they likely to go beyond 300 for any reason? (Down economy, endowments might be less than usual...)

...is this it?

...i guess nobody knows the answers... i'm in the same situation. on the waitlist and in complete darkness. If it's a negative response, will we EVER be notified?
Re: NYU Langone Spring 2009   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2009, 06:52