Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 06:16
tlt2372 wrote:
I was reading the Spring 2011 thread and about 5 pages into it they (admits) start talking about a quant exam. What are they talking about? Im an eng major so Im not worried but this is the first ive heard of it....

I started this past spring. No one should worry about the quant exam, it's just a simple check the box test you need to take before pre-term weekend. There's also a similar ethics exam, both are online
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 07:42
Thanks for stopping by cubby08! A couple of questions if you have the time....

Are you Weekend or Weeknight?

Whats up with the core groups - I know they assign you to a group..have you stuck with yours or did you switch up?

Is attending Stern how you thought it would be?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 08:01
tlt2372 wrote:
Thanks for stopping by cubby08! A couple of questions if you have the time....

Are you Weekend or Weeknight?

Whats up with the core groups - I know they assign you to a group..have you stuck with yours or did you switch up?

Is attending Stern how you thought it would be?

I'm weeknights, most (75%?) people are, there's one core group doing weekends at manhattan, and another (small) group doing weekends in westchester.

After you get in, you fill out a registration form indicating core group preference (if you're a weekender there's nothing to choose from, for weeknights, it's a matter of whether you want M/W or T/Th classes, and then which classes you want to start with). The vast majority of people stay with their core group for the first two semesters to take the basic 4 core. There's generally no reason to change your core during the 2nd semester unless you've waived several classes, have a change to your work schedule that necessitates it, etc. I've not changed it, but after the first two semester, the your choice of cores and electives will determine your schedule and people start mixing up more.

I didn't know what to expect going in, but I like it so far. You can be as involved as you'd like (clubs, committees, events at night) or just go to class and nothing else. It's up to you and your personal schedule.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 09:02
Here's my update: submitted online app on May 6th (weekends in WashSq) and mailed transcripts the following day. Received email with password on May 12.

Female/White/30yrs/born & raised in Poland
GMAT: 680 (V37, Q45, 5.0 AWA)
TOEFL: 113
GPA: 3.8 (from European Univ so I am not sure what a US conversion would be)
undergrad in Econometrics & Statistics, completed college in 2005
5 years work experience in the insurance industry (bottom up from admin assistant to underwriting)

Based on '09 and '10 forums, first decisions should start rolling in the first week of June. So hold on tight!

Good luck to everybody!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 12:51
All's quiet. Anyone else tossing and turning at night?

I finally got my status password email yesterday!

For Essay 3, did you guys submit a a media presentation, a written essay, or something else?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 13:29
tlt2372 wrote:
All's quiet. Anyone else tossing and turning at night?

I finally got my status password email yesterday!

For Essay 3, did you guys submit a a media presentation, a written essay, or something else?

it is VERY quiet here in comparison to 2010 fall and even 2011 spring forum! But, if not that many people are here maybe not that many are applying and our chances of getting in are that much better :-D

Re Essay 3, I submitted an old fashioned written essay but with (hopefully) a good story to tell.

PS. I am checking the update page at Stern at least 3 times a day. And we're only a week into it, yikes!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2011, 18:06
Haha lobylu81 - thats is exactly what I thought! Maybe theres only 12 or so of us that applied lol! We're sure to get in! LOL

I am also checking the status page obsessively - I cant help it! OCD has set in!

Do you live in NYC? I live in Florida right now so if I get in, it will be an adventure!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2011, 08:46
tlt2372 wrote:
Haha lobylu81 - thats is exactly what I thought! Maybe theres only 12 or so of us that applied lol! We're sure to get in! LOL

I am also checking the status page obsessively - I cant help it! OCD has set in!

Do you live in NYC? I live in Florida right now so if I get in, it will be an adventure!

In my email from NYU (the one with the password) it says that "The Admissions Committee will begin releasing decisions in early June." but it doesn't hurt checking anyway, right? LOL

I don't live in NYC but much closer than FL! If you are planning on flying in for the weekends, it will definitely be an adventure, especially in the winter!

Have a great weekend tlt2372 and hopefully we will see more NYU candidates joining our OCD club in the coming week :)
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2011, 08:36
Hi Everyone - I was perusing around the Stern website and under 'Announcements' is states that they are still accepting applications for fall start....

Maybe this means they had less applicants than expected? Your thoughts?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2011, 12:51
tlt2372 wrote:
Hi Everyone - I was perusing around the Stern website and under 'Announcements' is states that they are still accepting applications for fall start....

I could be wrong, but I believe that a person can apply after May 15, but there's no guarantee that you will receive an answer by August 1st.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2011, 13:00
tlt2372 wrote:

I think applications are down. They did the same thing for the spring 2011 applications.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 May 2011, 20:14
I was reading the Fall 2010 thread and the first guy that found out he was accepted was a weeknight applicant - he was accepted on Jun 7th - that fell on a monday, the first full week in June. Im thinking the ppl that have perfect quals will hear back on Monday Jun 6th...

Thats soooo soon! Good Luck everyone! I realize this is a week away but still, its exciting!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 04:16
Let the games begin! 8-)

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 19:48
Oh gawd - how embarrassing.... I got an email from Stern today that said I was missing a transcript. I straightened the situation out but it was stressful. At least I know they're reviewing my app!

Anyone else hear anything?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 12:21
So glad I found this thread -- I had been searching for Langone Fall 2011 but nothing was coming up!

27/F/Caucasian
Undergrad GPA - 3.6 Biology (@ NYU)
Grad GPA - 3.9 Masters of Public Health (@ NYU)
GRE: 1500 / 5 AW
Recs - Great Recs
WE - 2yrs PT (20+ hrs a week while in grad school), 3 years FT

Applying for weeknight program since my office is really close to campus.

Submitted my application in mid-April and received password to status check site on 5/12/11 but no news yet!

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 16:57
Hi jess - welcome to the thread - glad you found it! Don't forget to sign the roll call. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 17:05
Can't figure out how to edit the sheet --- don't see a link to do so...

how did you add your info?
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 17:15
if you scroll to the bottom of the spreadsheet there should be a link for "edit this page" go there and add your info.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 07:16
Other than one promotional email from NYU yesterday (btw seeing "NYU" in my inbox almost gave me a heart-attack), there's radio silence on my end. I somehow don't know how will I endure next two months, if it comes to that.
Intern
Intern

Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2011, 07:22
A friend of mine said he received his invite yesterday - Cornell alumni. I'm still waiting! ;)
Re: NYU Part time Fall 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2011, 07:22