Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern Langone Essay 2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

NYU Stern Langone Essay 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2008, 02:29
Can anyone give me advice on how to do this essay? I can just answer it in a direct forward way but by doing so I feel I'm not able to address certain issues that I was not able to reference in the other essays, like leadership etc...

How do I improve my candidacy in this essay?

Also, if I imply that i want weeknights but will take weekends just because I really want to get into the program, will that come off as a negative?

Thanks for all the help

2. Fit with Stern: (250 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)

(a) Why have you chosen to pursue your MBA on a part-time basis?
(b) In Personal Information Part 1, you indicated your Langone program preference in rank order. Please explain the preferences you selected.

* Washington Square - Weeknights
* Washington Square - Weekends
* Westchester - Weeknights

You are required to indicate your Langone program preferences in rank order on Personal Information Part 1 so that we can understand which scheduling options best meet your needs as a working professional. Your preferences are very important as you will be admitted to one program option only. If you are unable to attend a particular option, simply indicate N/A. You cannot switch your program option after submitting your enrollment deposit. However, upon completing one year in the Langone program, you may request to change program options by contacting the Langone Program Office.

Indicating your preferences will not affect your admission decision.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Langone Essay 2 [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2008, 06:46
Unfortunately, I think this is intended to be answered in a straightforward way. I was overthinking it too, but in the end, I basically ended up saying that I want to pursue PT because a) it allows me to apply what I learned in my studies to my job and b) allows me to share some of my on the job perspectives with my classmates. I did reference some of my increased job responsibilities in there to show that I am now much busier to prove the need for PT, so maybe you can include your leadership points in here too. And there is always Essay #3 - I really feel that this is the most important of them.

Speaking to both weeknights and weekends will not come off negatively if done properly, and you should make the case for your choice #1, don't make an either/or argument. I did this as well, but mentioned that I prefer weeknights b/c I often am involved in club activities on the weekends.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Langone Essay 2 [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2008, 14:24
thank you, you made some good points.

personally, i think essay 3 is the most important as well.
Re: NYU Stern Langone Essay 2   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2008, 14:24