Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:15
SternGirl2010 wrote:
I haven't yet heard back from NYU, but the podcast on the front page says that "if you're still listening to this podcast, you are likely on the waitlist".

Am I on the waitlist, even if I haven't yet heard back?

They also suggest that if you have new information about yourself, you can email the admissions office. I indicated in my app that I would be moving to a new role within my company shortly - that move has since occurred and my new manager is supportive of me pursuing a part time MBA. Is that something worth writing to them about, even if I haven't formally received a waitlist notification?

Thanks in advance, all!


SternGirl2010: I'm in the same boat. I think the pod-cast you are reffering to is for full-time applicants.

What is your profile?

thanks,
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:21
hardikrs wrote:
SternGirl2010 wrote:
I haven't yet heard back from NYU, but the podcast on the front page says that "if you're still listening to this podcast, you are likely on the waitlist".

Am I on the waitlist, even if I haven't yet heard back?

They also suggest that if you have new information about yourself, you can email the admissions office. I indicated in my app that I would be moving to a new role within my company shortly - that move has since occurred and my new manager is supportive of me pursuing a part time MBA. Is that something worth writing to them about, even if I haven't formally received a waitlist notification?

Thanks in advance, all!


SternGirl2010: I'm in the same boat. I think the pod-cast you are reffering to is for full-time applicants.

What is your profile?

thanks,


The podcast is for fulltimers? It was posted on 7/17!

I'm on the spreadsheet, or I should be, but just in case...

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.9 from a small school
W/E: 3.5 years at a large financial firm
ECs: mentorship and college leadership positions
Recs: Should be good

How about yourself? I'm going stir-crazy over here! Is there any reason I shouldn't email?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:36
SternGirl2010 wrote:
hardikrs wrote:
SternGirl2010 wrote:
I haven't yet heard back from NYU, but the podcast on the front page says that "if you're still listening to this podcast, you are likely on the waitlist".

Am I on the waitlist, even if I haven't yet heard back?

They also suggest that if you have new information about yourself, you can email the admissions office. I indicated in my app that I would be moving to a new role within my company shortly - that move has since occurred and my new manager is supportive of me pursuing a part time MBA. Is that something worth writing to them about, even if I haven't formally received a waitlist notification?

Thanks in advance, all!


SternGirl2010: I'm in the same boat. I think the pod-cast you are reffering to is for full-time applicants.

What is your profile?

thanks,


The podcast is for fulltimers? It was posted on 7/17!

I'm on the spreadsheet, or I should be, but just in case...

GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.9 from a small school
W/E: 3.5 years at a large financial firm
ECs: mentorship and college leadership positions
Recs: Should be good

How about yourself? I'm going stir-crazy over here! Is there any reason I shouldn't email?



my profile:
GMAT: 650
GPA: 3.8/3.75 (BS/MS)
W/E: 6 years in manufacturing, consulting, and distribution
ECs: own a small business, director at local chapter
Recs: I think they are good --- haven't compared to others.

i am getting very anxious and not sure what to do other than just wait.

on the status check website, the podcast title is "NYU Stern Full-time MBA Admissions Process Update"
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:51
Good catch on the podcast.

So... Does it mean we're NOT waitlisted? Not going to be admitted? That our applications are being held up for some reason?

You have a great profile! I'm just not sure what's the method to the madness.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:57
I,m not sure. My best guess is that we may be waitlisted/borderline candidates. becuase somebody on this forum did get a denial, so I am assuming that since we haven't heard --- there is still some hope.

BTW --- you have a gr8 profile too --- 720 on GMAT that is pretty good.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:58
Thanks! My concern is that they may think I'm too young with only 4 years of experience since college.

And if we are waitlisted, I would like to submit a note about my changed role, since I think what I'm doing now will be more interesting to them.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 10:24
SternGirl2010 wrote:
I haven't yet heard back from NYU, but the podcast on the front page says that "if you're still listening to this podcast, you are likely on the waitlist".

Am I on the waitlist, even if I haven't yet heard back?

They also suggest that if you have new information about yourself, you can email the admissions office. I indicated in my app that I would be moving to a new role within my company shortly - that move has since occurred and my new manager is supportive of me pursuing a part time MBA. Is that something worth writing to them about, even if I haven't formally received a waitlist notification?

Thanks in advance, all!

No, you're not on the waitlist unless you receive a status update explicitly telling you that you've been waitlisted. Until you hear back from them you're on the same boat as everyone else. And believe me, I'm an expert of the waitlist process as I was on the wl for the spring term until Jan 22nd...
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 48
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 10:27
I was worrying about the same thing. Why don't they give out IDs during the pre-term? That would be easier.

Regarding the pre-term, anyone was able to register?

drsparnum wrote:
For the NYU-ID...any suggestions on how to get one without ever going to NYU on a weekday. It looks like the ID place is only open on weekdays. I'd hate to take a vacation day, and go to NY just to get an ID card.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 48
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 10:28
Definitely send a note to them if you got promoted recently. Your profile looks good.

SternGirl2010 wrote:
Thanks! My concern is that they may think I'm too young with only 4 years of experience since college.

And if we are waitlisted, I would like to submit a note about my changed role, since I think what I'm doing now will be more interesting to them.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Location: NYC
Schools: Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 49

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 10:58
ukyo wrote:
I was worrying about the same thing. Why don't they give out IDs during the pre-term? That would be easier.

Regarding the pre-term, anyone was able to register?

drsparnum wrote:
For the NYU-ID...any suggestions on how to get one without ever going to NYU on a weekday. It looks like the ID place is only open on weekdays. I'd hate to take a vacation day, and go to NY just to get an ID card.


Yes, I registered for pre-term. It took like 2 minutes. You just answer questions about your background, your current profressional status, and whether you prefer chicken or veggie for the lunches they'll provide. They also asked me about my Core Group, but I didn't know yet since I just submitted all those forms last night.

Btw, does anyone know their Core Group yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 31
Schools: Stern Part-time
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 11:05
arruhbee wrote:
ukyo wrote:
I was worrying about the same thing. Why don't they give out IDs during the pre-term? That would be easier.

Regarding the pre-term, anyone was able to register?

drsparnum wrote:
For the NYU-ID...any suggestions on how to get one without ever going to NYU on a weekday. It looks like the ID place is only open on weekdays. I'd hate to take a vacation day, and go to NY just to get an ID card.


Yes, I registered for pre-term. It took like 2 minutes. You just answer questions about your background, your current profressional status, and whether you prefer chicken or veggie for the lunches they'll provide. They also asked me about my Core Group, but I didn't know yet since I just submitted all those forms last night.

Btw, does anyone know their Core Group yet?



Same with me, I registered for pre-term, but I dont know my Core Group yet, so I chose the option "don't know it yet."

I picked Purple, mainly because I wanted classes Monday and Wednesday nights because those are the nights where my girlfriend is home and can watch our cat (lol). I also chose Purple because I want to get Statistics over with while my excitement for getting in to Stern is still fresh :-D I got an A in Stats in college, but hated it all the whole time I was in the class...
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 48
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 11:24
I just filled out my tuition form and hopefully my company will approve it and send money to NYU before 8/10.
Working on health forms next...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 31
Schools: Stern Part-time
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 12:40
ukyo wrote:
I just filled out my tuition form and hopefully my company will approve it and send money to NYU before 8/10.
Working on health forms next...



That's awesome that your firm pays upfront. I have to get my grades (at least a B- or better for full reimbursement) and then I get my tuition payment back. I haven't filled out my company's form yet because they want to know exactly what classes I'm taking, and from what the Registrar told me, we wont have our schedules (i.e. Core Groups) until Mid-August.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 48
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 15:02
I assume since we got accepted early, we will get our first choice with no competition.

So I told them my RED2 group core courses...

MCJD4ever wrote:
ukyo wrote:
I just filled out my tuition form and hopefully my company will approve it and send money to NYU before 8/10.
Working on health forms next...



That's awesome that your firm pays upfront. I have to get my grades (at least a B- or better for full reimbursement) and then I get my tuition payment back. I haven't filled out my company's form yet because they want to know exactly what classes I'm taking, and from what the Registrar told me, we wont have our schedules (i.e. Core Groups) until Mid-August.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Location: NYC
Schools: Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 49

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 05:10
Do you think when you got accepted has something to do with it? I found out on June 15th, but I didn't register until this past Sunday. I figured it was a first come first serve type of deal, which makes me think I'll probably get my second choice.

I have to say, I was tempted to just go with colors that look good on me, just in case we get tshirts. HAHA.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 31
Schools: Stern Part-time
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 05:20
arruhbee wrote:
Do you think when you got accepted has something to do with it? I found out on June 15th, but I didn't register until this past Sunday. I figured it was a first come first serve type of deal, which makes me think I'll probably get my second choice.

I have to say, I was tempted to just go with colors that look good on me, just in case we get tshirts. HAHA.



lol. I think it has something to do with that, but I suspect it may also have a lot to do with how many people choose "Green" (for example" as their first choice. If "Green" is unpopular with incoming students, and that was your first choice, you'd probably be ok. I'm just hoping I get whatever choices have Stats and M and W classes - just want to get this class over with while my excitement for Stern can still carry me through it lol
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 12:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
I just found out that I got accepted to the weekend program. Can't wait to see you guys.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 12:52
hardikrs wrote:
I just found out that I got accepted to the weekend program. Can't wait to see you guys.

What's your profile?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 13:17
MindLab wrote:
Any insight on Quant Assessment? how long and difficult is the assessment?


Its not very difficult concepts overall, but if you haven't taken precalc/calc in 6 years then you will have to spend some time studying to remember how to do these problems! I used the study guide that they gave me and googled some of the formulas as they were not supplied in the study guide and passed it.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 13:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got into Wash Sq weeknights (the only program I applied to) after sending them a note last night about my new job. Yay!

Woohoo! And congrats Hardik!
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2010, 13:32
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
NYU Stern Langone program upsetaboutgmat 2 26 Jan 2013, 11:35
NYU Stern-Langone acceptance indiglo789 2 08 Jul 2010, 09:32
85 NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 arruhbee 613 23 Apr 2010, 09:28
NYU Stern, Langone Fall 2006 sunandan.ganguly 9 07 Jun 2006, 15:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  31    Next  [ 614 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.