Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
arruhbee wrote:
ukyo wrote:
I was worrying about the same thing. Why don't they give out IDs during the pre-term? That would be easier.

Regarding the pre-term, anyone was able to register?

drsparnum wrote:
For the NYU-ID...any suggestions on how to get one without ever going to NYU on a weekday. It looks like the ID place is only open on weekdays. I'd hate to take a vacation day, and go to NY just to get an ID card.

Yes, I registered for pre-term. It took like 2 minutes. You just answer questions about your background, your current profressional status, and whether you prefer chicken or veggie for the lunches they'll provide. They also asked me about my Core Group, but I didn't know yet since I just submitted all those forms last night.

Btw, does anyone know their Core Group yet?

Same with me, I registered for pre-term, but I dont know my Core Group yet, so I chose the option "don't know it yet."

I picked Purple, mainly because I wanted classes Monday and Wednesday nights because those are the nights where my girlfriend is home and can watch our cat (lol). I also chose Purple because I want to get Statistics over with while my excitement for getting in to Stern is still fresh :-D I got an A in Stats in college, but hated it all the whole time I was in the class...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just filled out my tuition form and hopefully my company will approve it and send money to NYU before 8/10.
Working on health forms next...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ukyo wrote:
I just filled out my tuition form and hopefully my company will approve it and send money to NYU before 8/10.

That's awesome that your firm pays upfront. I have to get my grades (at least a B- or better for full reimbursement) and then I get my tuition payment back. I haven't filled out my company's form yet because they want to know exactly what classes I'm taking, and from what the Registrar told me, we wont have our schedules (i.e. Core Groups) until Mid-August.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I assume since we got accepted early, we will get our first choice with no competition.

So I told them my RED2 group core courses...

MCJD4ever wrote:
ukyo wrote:

That's awesome that your firm pays upfront. I have to get my grades (at least a B- or better for full reimbursement) and then I get my tuition payment back. I haven't filled out my company's form yet because they want to know exactly what classes I'm taking, and from what the Registrar told me, we wont have our schedules (i.e. Core Groups) until Mid-August.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Do you think when you got accepted has something to do with it? I found out on June 15th, but I didn't register until this past Sunday. I figured it was a first come first serve type of deal, which makes me think I'll probably get my second choice.

I have to say, I was tempted to just go with colors that look good on me, just in case we get tshirts. HAHA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arruhbee wrote:
Do you think when you got accepted has something to do with it? I found out on June 15th, but I didn't register until this past Sunday. I figured it was a first come first serve type of deal, which makes me think I'll probably get my second choice.

I have to say, I was tempted to just go with colors that look good on me, just in case we get tshirts. HAHA.

lol. I think it has something to do with that, but I suspect it may also have a lot to do with how many people choose "Green" (for example" as their first choice. If "Green" is unpopular with incoming students, and that was your first choice, you'd probably be ok. I'm just hoping I get whatever choices have Stats and M and W classes - just want to get this class over with while my excitement for Stern can still carry me through it lol
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hardikrs wrote:
I just found out that I got accepted to the weekend program. Can't wait to see you guys.

What's your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MindLab wrote:
Any insight on Quant Assessment? how long and difficult is the assessment?

Its not very difficult concepts overall, but if you haven't taken precalc/calc in 6 years then you will have to spend some time studying to remember how to do these problems! I used the study guide that they gave me and googled some of the formulas as they were not supplied in the study guide and passed it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nick79 wrote:
hardikrs wrote:
I just found out that I got accepted to the weekend program. Can't wait to see you guys.

What's your profile?

my profile:
GMAT: 650
GPA: 3.8/3.75 (BS/MS)
W/E: 6 years in manufacturing, consulting, and distribution
ECs: own a small business, director at local chapter
Recs: I think they are good
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SternGirl2010 wrote:
Got into Wash Sq weeknights (the only program I applied to) after sending them a note last night about my new job. Yay!

Woohoo! And congrats Hardik!

Congrats to you too...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats sterngirl and hardikrs! Was really hoping you guys would get in as you both have great profiles. Can't believe Adcom took so long on you guys. Enjoy the feeling and just relax now :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got admitted yesterday, so I dont have the official package yet with all the other info. Anyway, I want to get my Kroll process started ASAP and it is asking for "School ID" does anyone have this number? I'm assuming this is differnt from the NYU student number on the admisson letter.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
After a long wait, (finally) I got an email yesterday that I was admitted to the Washington Sq weeknights program! :-)
Waiting for the official package now.

Stats:
GMAT - 750
Work Ex - 8 yrs (Consulting, financial services)

Looking forward to meeting all my classmates.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally heard back from Kroll today, after 2 weeks of waiting. They asked me to submit W2 or paystubs from my previous job, as HR was only able to provide dates of employment. Ugh, such a nuisance! I hope I have this stuff readiliy available at home.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MCJD4ever
Post subject: Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

Finally heard back from Kroll today, after 2 weeks of waiting. They asked me to submit W2 or paystubs from my previous job, as HR was only able to provide dates of employment. Ugh, such a nuisance! I hope I have this stuff readiliy available at home.

Hi MCJD4ever - Did they ask you for paystubs and W-2 from all your previous jobs or just one previous job (the last one). I think I should start looking for them as well, just in case :-). Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi bskool2010,

They asked for paystubs and/or a W2 from my previous employer (I've had 2 employers since I graduated college 4 years ago). My previous employer's HR department was only able to verify my dates of employment, so they said I could either fax them 3 paystubs for each year that I worked there, or a W2. I had the paystubs on-hand, so I opted to fax those over.

They replied back this morning and said they have everything they need and that my report was "due at NYU this week" so I'm hoping to officially complete this process soon.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCJD4ever wrote:
Hi bskool2010,

They asked for paystubs and/or a W2 from my previous employer (I've had 2 employers since I graduated college 4 years ago). My previous employer's HR department was only able to verify my dates of employment, so they said I could either fax them 3 paystubs for each year that I worked there, or a W2. I had the paystubs on-hand, so I opted to fax those over.

They replied back this morning and said they have everything they need and that my report was "due at NYU this week" so I'm hoping to officially complete this process soon.

Yup they asked me similar things too, no W2 though, just paystubs and and employment verification letter. They also wanted a copy of my degree. I started the process a month ago; hope it will be completed soon.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  31