Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 11:01

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 07:45
Thank you MCJD4ever and Nick79 for your response.

Nick79 - While filling out the NYU application, did you get your transcripts and degree certified from the Consulate ( assuming you are an international student)? Also how long after you started the verification process did they ask you for your transcripts and degree certificate?

MCJD4ever - Did they ask for your transcripts and degree as well ?

Thank you guys for your insight.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 07:51
bskool2010 wrote:
Thank you MCJD4ever and Nick79 for your response.

Nick79 - While filling out the NYU application, did you get your transcripts and degree certified from the Consulate ( assuming you are an international student)? Also how long after you started the verification process did they ask you for your transcripts and degree certificate?

MCJD4ever - Did they ask for your transcripts and degree as well ?

Thank you guys for your insight.

Hi, not from the consulate but I had an academic equivalency evaluation done by a certified (pm me for details, not sure i can post specific references on here) translating company. I started the process on 6/22 and they asked me to confirm the info on 6/23 (employment) and 7/7 (education), which I provided right away since I have electronic docs for everything. I haven't heard anything else since then.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 31
Schools: Stern Part-time
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 08:39
bskool2010 wrote:
Thank you MCJD4ever and Nick79 for your response.

Nick79 - While filling out the NYU application, did you get your transcripts and degree certified from the Consulate ( assuming you are an international student)? Also how long after you started the verification process did they ask you for your transcripts and degree certificate?

MCJD4ever - Did they ask for your transcripts and degree as well ?

Thank you guys for your insight.



They did not ask for my transcripts or undergratuate degree. They only needed to verify my salary from my previous job because HR there would only give them the dates that I worked there.

I would assume Kroll would be able to verify most undergraduate programs in the US. But, like Nick79, if you're international, you should probably expect that they'll ask you for transcripts/degree, etc.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Location: NYC
Schools: Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 49

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 11:13
I knew something was up! I called today only to find out my application wasn't even in process. Even though I faxed the document and PAID them in June. I'm only hoping that they can wrap up the entire process by August 10th, although I've heard it takes 5 weeks for them to complete it.

I guess to make sure things go smoothly, I'll start making electronic copies of my degree, W2 forms and paystubs.

On a brighter note, I got all my health forms in!!

Lastly, congrats to the recent admits.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 11:20
Is the Kroll process supposed to be done by the 10th? That seems like a quick turn around considering some of you are saying it takes 2 months... as I just received my admissions packet on Thursday and submitted the signed form on Monday.
I am guessing it takes a lot longer if you are international? I am from the US, so hopefully it will not take that long!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2010, 12:32
arruhbee,

Did you call Kroll? I had received some communication from Kroll (sent all that info in mid-June), but my application status check page (the one that informed me of the admission, not the 'new student tour' page) now asks me to 'initiate the Kroll process' ! I hope it's just an un-updated message, for the Kroll process has already started for me, and Kroll staff have asked for undergrad degree cert copies many weeks back, and the fee for Kroll paid. No further communication from Kroll for the last several weeks though.

I called the admissions office and they asked me to email my questions to them than to call.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Location: NYC
Schools: Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 49

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 05:00
indiglo789 wrote:
Is the Kroll process supposed to be done by the 10th? That seems like a quick turn around considering some of you are saying it takes 2 months... as I just received my admissions packet on Thursday and submitted the signed form on Monday.
I am guessing it takes a lot longer if you are international? I am from the US, so hopefully it will not take that long!


I re-read the supplement on the Kroll verification process and it says that your final verification must be completed in order for you to be eligible to take classes. So I'm guessing that means that your information has to be in by September 20th...EEK! You do need to begin the Kroll process no later than three weeks from the receipt of your admission letter.

I called Kroll to find out why I hadn't received any correspondence. If you have received something from them, you will have to talk to NYU about the status as Kroll isn't allowed to provide updates once the process has been initiated.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 05:45
so I guess unless there's some documentation pending from the applicant, the onus is on Kroll to finish the verification in a timely manner. As long as one has initiated it soon and provided all docs they have asked for, I would not worry about it then. In the real world, however, I would certainly keep my tabs on this process, to make sure that it's proceeding as expected.

So Kroll wont talk, and NYU would not know till the process is completed. Nice chicken-egg/catch-22?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 48
Schools: NYU Stern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 09:45
international students

how do you do your health forms? try to find the health history? I probably need to have my doctor here check everything again. ah, another task...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2010, 10:33
ukyo wrote:
international students

how do you do your health forms? try to find the health history? I probably need to have my doctor here check everything again. ah, another task...


ukyo: I couldn't find my records so I just had the doctor do a blood test and all my results came positive: which means I have immunity to MMR. I still haven't received the official package so not sure what else is needed.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2010, 06:02
hardikrs wrote:
ukyo wrote:
international students

how do you do your health forms? try to find the health history? I probably need to have my doctor here check everything again. ah, another task...


ukyo: I couldn't find my records so I just had the doctor do a blood test and all my results came positive: which means I have immunity to MMR. I still haven't received the official package so not sure what else is needed.

Yup did the same thing; I also had my Tetanus booster, since it had been more than 10 years. I sent back the forms and followed up with the health center and they said everything is in order. Since I'm already in NYC I went to Weil Cornell hospital, they had appointments available right away and they have all the labs in-house which makes things a lot faster.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 08:29
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 08:46
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 09:15
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 09:27
nnc2010 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
nnc2010 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got a question for those of you, who are US residents. How does Kroll check US residency? I assume it does, do you provide alien number or they request copy of the Residency card?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't think they have access to immigration records. Companies definitely don't disclose that info.

So they don't ask anything of that sort?

They didn't ask me, and I'm a non-US citizen working in the U.S. If even the NYPD can't ask, I doubt Kroll can.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jul 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 10:25
Did anyone complete the Kroll verification ? Just trying to gauge the timeline for the Kroll verification process? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 13:52
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2010, 05:18
ks2010 wrote:
I recieved an update today, I was added to the official waitlist....not sure how many people from the actual wait list get in? Not so hopeful though :(

Anyone else get a waitlist update?

From my experience (i was waitlisted for Spring 2010 then rejected; I reapplied and got in this time around) Stern a "show me you love me" type school. I would send them an update letter mentioning new achievements at work etc. Not sure what your profile is like but, for example, if you feel your gmat score is the main weakness (as it was for me in my previous app), maybe re-take the test and inform them of the test date. That's what got me in the 2nd time in my opinion. (improved from 600 to 660). If you feel your essays are lacking, then send them an optional essay, or additional rec, etc. I wouldn't just sit and wait, especially with Stern.
Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 09:01
Ok, so this is pretty frustrating... no word yet whatsoever - no acceptance, rejection, or wait list

I assume I'm still in the "consideration" pool since there's been no correspondence, but the anticipation is killing me. Not to mention that it sounds like it's going to be quite a rush to get all of the paperwork settled before classes start if I am accepted.

Anyone else in the same boat?

:?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 13:55
am2010 wrote:
congrats to the new admits! here's the spreadsheet link again

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0



Admits please try to update the spreadsheet.
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2010, 13:55
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
NYU Stern Langone program upsetaboutgmat 2 26 Jan 2013, 11:35
NYU Stern-Langone acceptance indiglo789 2 08 Jul 2010, 09:32
85 NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 arruhbee 613 23 Apr 2010, 09:28
NYU Stern, Langone Fall 2006 sunandan.ganguly 9 07 Jun 2006, 15:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  31    Next  [ 614 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.