Does anyone know how many people from the waitlist actually get accepted?
ks2010 - May be the note below helps - Admission stats from a couple of years ago posted by a different member in this thread.
~ 15% of admits notified in first 4 weeks.
~ 50% of admits notified by 2nd week of July.
~ 90% of admits notified by August.
~ 65% (290) of admits notified between July 4th and Aug 3rd, making July the busiest month.
May 15: Deadline passes / App review begins
May 23: First GMAT club member admitted (checkitout)
June 19: 75 students admitted (according to the admitted student d-base)
June 27: 108 admitted
June 27: First GMAT club member rejected (RCReddy)
July 04: 130 admitted
July 13: 230 admitted (huge jump!)
July 22: 262 admitted
July 24: 288 admitted
July 25: 306 admitted
Aug 03: 420 admitted
Aug 09: Some waitlisted folks get in.
Aug 09: 440 admitted
Aug 17: 447 admitted
Aug 20: Several reject notices went out.
Note 1: It takes a few days for an admit to pay the deposit and show up in the database.
Note 2: Data is from the gmat club ‘NYU Langone Fall 2007’ thread
Observations and assumptions:
- Most of those who are admitted in the first 4 weeks have super strong profiles.
- Having a high gmat score does not mean you’ll know sooner. Aurora73 gets in on Jul 18th with a 760 gmat.
- Submitting early or late seems to have no effect on when you get notification.
- Notifications typically come on Tuesdays and Fridays (needs confirmation).
- 2 gmat clubbers get off the waitlist in early August.