Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:18 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Can anyone see the new student database?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
beebu wrote:

Showing empty to me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
beebu wrote:

Comes up blank for me, not sure why.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Where do you go to see the new student DB? There are a bazillion sites to navigate through!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
So after almost 6 weeks, I get a reply from NYU admission chair that Kroll could not verify my degree frommy undergrad univ, IIT Madras. What a joke.

First these guys ask for the same documents I had submitted Stern, then, these guys, with offices in India, cannot even verify a simple degree from one of the premier institutes there! Ofcourse, communication from Kroll has been...., if one can consider deafening silences and lack of acknowledgments as model of service.

Is the WorkNumber their sister concern? They messed up my title too. Thank god for my recent promotion letter, which documents my current title.

Let's see how it all turns out. Mailed Kroll the website of IIT Madras and their transcript verification service URLs, right off the main page. What a joke, I say.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
am2010 wrote:
So after almost 6 weeks, I get a reply from NYU admission chair that Kroll could not verify my degree frommy undergrad univ, IIT Madras. What a joke.

First these guys ask for the same documents I had submitted Stern, then, these guys, with offices in India, cannot even verify a simple degree from one of the premier institutes there! Ofcourse, communication from Kroll has been...., if one can consider deafening silences and lack of acknowledgments as model of service.

Is the WorkNumber their sister concern? They messed up my title too. Thank god for my recent promotion letter, which documents my current title.

Let's see how it all turns out. Mailed Kroll the website of IIT Madras and their transcript verification service URLs, right off the main page. What a joke, I say.

am2010 did you do your graduate study in USA? Did Kroll ask you for those documents? Did the admission chair offer alternatives or did she just ask you to work with Kroll on the issue?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
am2010: I can understand your frustration. The exact same thing happened to me for Univ. of Mumbai.. The people from Kroll don't even bother to return your emails or answer, verify that they got all the reqd. documents, nothing!!!!
After I received my email from NYU yesterday, I emailed them to see if I could submit my original documents for verification, if that could help. I got a email back from and got a sense that they are saying my undergrad univ is late in responding back, but I really don't need to do anything and they will close my case when they get a reply back from the university.
NYU has been really good in answering my questions. I have to add that the financial aid dept helped me enormously with my private loan application, which finally got approved yesterday...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amittilak wrote:
am2010: I can understand your frustration. The exact same thing happened to me for Univ. of Mumbai.. The people from Kroll don't even bother to return your emails or answer, verify that they got all the reqd. documents, nothing!!!!
After I received my email from NYU yesterday, I emailed them to see if I could submit my original documents for verification, if that could help. I got a email back from and got a sense that they are saying my undergrad univ is late in responding back, but I really don't need to do anything and they will close my case when they get a reply back from the university.
NYU has been really good in answering my questions. I have to add that the financial aid dept helped me enormously with my private loan application, which finally got approved yesterday...

Amit,

I am also planning for a private loan, did you need a co-signer?

Thanks,
Hardik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hardik,
I got approved for the international chase student loan which does not require sponsorship!! However, believe me when I say this I had to jump through hoops to make them understand the immigration documents.. lol..
Email the financial aid office and they will email you the application. This app is not available thru' their website. PM me if you have any questions about the process.
AT

hardikrs wrote:
amittilak wrote:

Amit,

Thanks,
Hardik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Amit,

I did get the info from finaid office on chase int. select loan, but I thought the interest rate was too high? If you don't mind, what rate did you get?

Thanks,
Hardik

amittilak wrote:
Hardik,
I got approved for the international chase student loan which does not require sponsorship!! However, believe me when I say this I had to jump through hoops to make them understand the immigration documents.. lol..
Email the financial aid office and they will email you the application. This app is not available thru' their website. PM me if you have any questions about the process.
AT

hardikrs wrote:
amittilak wrote:

Amit,

Thanks,
Hardik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amittilak wrote:

NYU has been pretty good with the phone calls, emails etc. Kroll , OTOH, is a different story. Not even basic professional behaviour/courtesies, IMO.

If Kroll had their offices entirely in US, I can understand the slow communications with univs in India. However, given that the operation appears outsourced to India, I am surprised and disappointed that they do not have efficient channels to verify degrees per protocol in force in India. If they do not, what are the running this operation for? NYU could have directly asked us to submit the documents.

I doubt if established univs such as Mumbai and IIT will take weeks and months to respond, esp when the request comes from India. I have had this done for some family members from other universities and things got done in *days*.

I have asked Stern adm chair the same questions as you have,, re documents, hopefully will hear back from them in a day or so. However, what's the point of paying Kroll if we end up doing the verifications directly with NYU?

I shall PM you later regarding the student loan stuff.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone been able to access the New Student Database? It comes up blank for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
ST1705 wrote:
Hey there! Just wanted to find out if anyone has been successful registering for classes via ALBERT? Is registration allowed only after our cheques/payments for tuition have cleared?

I sent in my cheque last week but no luck registering.

What do you mean registering via ALBERT? I registered about a month ago (and still haven't heard back if I got my top Core group choices) via the New Student Tour link. Do we have to register another way? Can someone please clarify?

Also, still waiting to hear back from NYU regarding the Kroll process. I started the process around July 6, so hoping for it to be complete soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beebu wrote:

am2010 did you do your graduate study in USA? Did Kroll ask you for those documents? Did the admission chair offer alternatives or did she just ask you to work with Kroll on the issue?

beebu, yes, I did my gradschool in US. Kroll India did not ask me for those documents. I had sent both degree copies and official transcripts to NYU. Kroll asked me for a copy of my IIT BTech degree, which I provided electronically. I hope they got it, I did not get any acknowledgments.

I just got the NYU mail yesterday, and NYU had not asked me for anything as of now, and has just informed me that the Kroll report is going to be open while I am will be taking courses etc. I have offered to make my degree certificates available to adm chair if required.

The whole thing is ridiculous, as I have learned from a later post that Kroll is doing the same thing with other well-known unis in India as well. This despite their office being in Delhi.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
am2010 wrote:
beebu wrote:

beebu, yes, I did my gradschool in US. Kroll India did not ask me for those documents. I had sent both degree copies and official transcripts to NYU. Kroll asked me for a copy of my IIT BTech degree, which I provided electronically. I hope they got it, I did not get any acknowledgments.

I just got the NYU mail yesterday, and NYU had not asked me for anything as of now, and has just informed me that the Kroll report is going to be open while I am will be taking courses etc. I have offered to make my degree certificates available to adm chair if required.

The whole thing is ridiculous, as I have learned from a later post that Kroll is doing the same thing with other well-known unis in India as well. This despite their office being in Delhi.

Why don't you guys just email Kroll an electronic copy of your degree and ask them to confirm receipt of the docs?That's what I did (I also did my undergrad abroad). Also, is there a reason why although my Kroll verification is done, my status check page still says "pls initiate the verification process..."?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nick79
We already emailed them all the documents, including degree cert., marksheets, etc.
and that is mentioned in my report as well. However, they are looking for a reply directly from my university.. Well good luck with that !!! lol...

Nick79 wrote:
am2010 wrote:
beebu wrote:

Why don't you guys just email Kroll an electronic copy of your degree and ask them to confirm receipt of the docs?That's what I did (I also did my undergrad abroad). Also, is there a reason why although my Kroll verification is done, my status check page still says "pls initiate the verification process..."?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
drsparnum wrote:
I got an email today saying my verification process is complete. The text of the email reads....

Quote:
Welcome to the NYU Stern Langone Program! Your verification process has
been satisfactorily completed. We are thrilled that you are part of our
community.

Stay strong everyone who is being put through the ringer. I'm sure it will all resolve itself in the end, and you will forget all about this hassle.

Yup that's what I got this morning. The weird thing is that my status check page still says "pls initiate the verification process etc".
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  31