Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 07:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 11:25
today, Yeah they are surprisingly short on details. From the sample paper I assume that it will be like a multiple choice exam. Hoping that both of pass. Maybe we can meet up on campus tomorrow ?

Vlookup2010, The link to the sample exam is at (http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/emplibrary/ACFP7dUvQ.pdf). btw, I also found the course slides for the Stats course taught by Prof. Greene. Found them quite useful for the review (http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 17:40
brohan wrote:
today, Yeah they are surprisingly short on details. From the sample paper I assume that it will be like a multiple choice exam. Hoping that both of pass. Maybe we can meet up on campus tomorrow ?

Vlookup2010, The link to the sample exam is at (http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/emplibrary/ACFP7dUvQ.pdf). btw, I also found the course slides for the Stats course taught by Prof. Greene. Found them quite useful for the review (http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~wgreene/).


hi brohan,
yeah that'd be great. i'm gonna try to get to the campus a little early tomorrow. i'll pm you my info.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 04:42
Awesome - thanks, brohan. Good luck to you and today on the exam! I'll keep you posted as to whether they approve my automatic waiver, but if not I'll be taking the exam right before our pre-term happy hour. Oh joy. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 64
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 06:45
Vlookup2010 wrote:
Awesome - thanks, brohan. Good luck to you and today on the exam! I'll keep you posted as to whether they approve my automatic waiver, but if not I'll be taking the exam right before our pre-term happy hour. Oh joy. Let me know how it goes!

Cheers

I managed to waive out of firms & markets and the global economy (thanks to my economics undergrad). I've also been working in finance for almost 7 years, do you guys think the "foundations of finance" waiver is too much to ask? :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 06:48
No, not too much to ask. There is no point spending time and money on a class that will be review for you when there are so many great electives to get to! You'll probably have to take the exam to waive it though.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 214
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2010, 19:15
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 05:10
How did the Stats exam go? Easy breezy? Still waiting to hear back on my automatic waiver! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 10:17
Vlookup2010 wrote:
How did the Stats exam go? Easy breezy? Still waiting to hear back on my automatic waiver! :)


it was not bad. the format is similar to the sample exam, but i thought the actual one was easier. and we only need to get something like 72% to pass :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 16:36
Does any one know who got rejected with a GMAT score of 700 + ? It looks like a GMAT score of 700 almost guarantees admission at Stern part time unless there is an error in the application or something.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2010, 08:00
Hi Vlookup2010, As today mentioned it was reasonably straight-forward. The format was quite similar to the sample exam. I found out that I passed the exam yesterday. One down :) Plan to give the FRA test on Sep 10. This one seems harder. Anyone else planning to give that test ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Joined: 23 Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Location: NYC
Schools: Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 49

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2010, 12:16
Hey all! I haven't been on this thread in a while and wanted to shout you all a holler. I had the chance to meet am2010 and today at the Happy Hour, so I'm wondering if I met the rest of you and didn't know it, or if you guys slipped by me. Either way, I'm sure I will meet you all at pre-term, so don't be shy!!

Hope everyone's pre-NYU exams went well and hope everyone's waiver requests get accepted. As langone2009 pointed out, there are some awesome electives out there. I'm going to try to squeeze in as many as I can into my schedule although I won't be waiving any courses and plan to concentrate on Corporate Finance and Management.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 03:47
Hey everyone,

For weekend people, does anyone know the first weekend of real classes after pre-term? When is the last weekend of classes? And lastly, are weekenders off on Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 15
Schools: NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
WE 1: 3 years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 03:52
drsparnum wrote:
Hey everyone,

For weekend people, does anyone know the first weekend of real classes after pre-term? When is the last weekend of classes? And lastly, are weekenders off on Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks!


drsparnum,

If you log into your Simon account and then select the AIS link, you can view class schedules. It appears the weekenders start on 9/25 and end 12/18.

The academic calendar says that Thanksgiving Break is Monday, Nov. 22nd - Sunday November 28th for all Graduate programs.

http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/registrar/docs/ ... ar1011.pdf
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 04:44
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 May 2010
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 06:14
hi brohan,
i'll be taking the accounting exam on 9/10 too, so i guess i will see you again then :)
i agree, this one looks a lot harder.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 214
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 09:05
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!

any advice?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 09:36
tt11234 wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!

any advice?


tt did you speak with the financial aid office? They might be able to answer some question if you are eligible for stafford loans.

The being said the general average student loan interest from a private bank is 3 - 5%.

I find the website below useful for a brief comparison of different types of rates.
http://www.bankrate.com/student-loans.aspx
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 214
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2010, 09:51
beebu wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
hey everyone,
if i want to finance my mba with student loans, what's the rate on the loans? what agencies provide loans with low intersts? thanks in advance!!

any advice?


tt did you speak with the financial aid office? They might be able to answer some question if you are eligible for stafford loans.

The being said the general average student loan interest from a private bank is 3 - 5%.

I find the website below useful for a brief comparison of different types of rates.
http://www.bankrate.com/student-loans.aspx

thanks beebu!!
i have another question though. is it possible that i can request the admission office at NYU for an extension of application? has anyone done it before? thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 06:30
tt11234 wrote:
thanks beebu!!
i have another question though. is it possible that i can request the admission office at NYU for an extension of application? has anyone done it before? thanks!


tt - If you are talking about the admission application itself, I believe you need to reapply. They might consider some extenuating circumstance like getting deployed in Afghanistan or some thing.
http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/academic/affair ... of_Absence

Leaves of Absence are not granted to students who find they cannot begin the program in the semester for which they were admitted. Students who wish to defer their first enrollment must contact MBA Admissions for information on an abbreviated reapplication process for a subsequent semester.


If you are asking financial aid application, I think it is bound by FAFSA guidelines. All FAFSA deadlines are passed. I think you might want to get in early next year.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 214
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 08:21
beebu wrote:
tt11234 wrote:
thanks beebu!!
i have another question though. is it possible that i can request the admission office at NYU for an extension of application? has anyone done it before? thanks!


tt - If you are talking about the admission application itself, I believe you need to reapply. They might consider some extenuating circumstance like getting deployed in Afghanistan or some thing.
http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/academic/affair ... of_Absence

Leaves of Absence are not granted to students who find they cannot begin the program in the semester for which they were admitted. Students who wish to defer their first enrollment must contact MBA Admissions for information on an abbreviated reapplication process for a subsequent semester.


If you are asking financial aid application, I think it is bound by FAFSA guidelines. All FAFSA deadlines are passed. I think you might want to get in early next year.



beebu,
i am a first-time applicant and plan to go for the spring 2011 semester. the offical deadline is 9/15/10 and i am wondering if i can request extension for the essay or gmat. is it too late now in term of applying for financial aid ? thanks!!
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2010, 08:21
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
NYU Stern Langone program upsetaboutgmat 2 26 Jan 2013, 11:35
NYU Stern-Langone acceptance indiglo789 2 08 Jul 2010, 09:32
85 NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 arruhbee 613 23 Apr 2010, 09:28
NYU Stern, Langone Fall 2006 sunandan.ganguly 9 07 Jun 2006, 15:50
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 614 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.