Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 09:59
Hi, I'm planning on applying to the Langone program for Fall 2013. I had a few questions that someone can hopefully help me answer...

- When are Fall 2013 applications released? Do they have the same essay questions as the applicatino for Spring 2013?
- The langone program isn't rolling admissions. Is there any benefit to submitting the application earlier than later?
- Is there any difference between the Fall and Spring admissions?

Any advice would help as well!

Thanks,
Christina
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 16:33
chris558 wrote:
Hi, I'm planning on applying to the Langone program for Fall 2013. I had a few questions that someone can hopefully help me answer...

- When are Fall 2013 applications released? Do they have the same essay questions as the applicatino for Spring 2013?
- The langone program isn't rolling admissions. Is there any benefit to submitting the application earlier than later?
- Is there any difference between the Fall and Spring admissions?

Any advice would help as well!

Thanks,
Christina

Hey Christina, thanks for your question.

The Fall 2013 applications will be available early to middle of next year. You have plenty of time to prepare. I would work on writing the essays, as they were the most challenging part of the application process for myself (Essay 3 in particular since I do not have a habit of self reflection). The essays are the same for both semesters--that is, unless the admissions committee feels they need to change it next year.

The Langone program DOES have rolling admissions. Unsure where you heard otherwise. I applied on the rolling basis, which essentially means I applied after the formal deadline but before the "date of initial notification." To answer your question, I do not believe there is any merit to applying early. I applied late and received my decision within two weeks whereas others applied on time and still have not heard anything. Your objective ought to be to submit the best possible application you can, one that exemplifies your strengths and character as well as your fit with the Stern community.

Your third question is one that I asked myself. I don't believe there is a difference in terms of the application process (they still want very strong candidates). I think it depends on when you're ready to start.

Best of luck, and let me know if you have any additional questions.
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 20:22
Him Tim! Thanks for your response. I went to the langone info session and I believe it becomes rolling admissions after the deadline. But before then it is not. Do you know when fall applications are released? I only see the spring apple now.

Are you currently attending Langone?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2012, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
chris558 wrote:
Him Tim! Thanks for your response. I went to the langone info session and I believe it becomes rolling admissions after the deadline. But before then it is not. Do you know when fall applications are released? I only see the spring apple now.

Are you currently attending Langone?

I'm just speculating here, but I would say they would be available during the early part of next year. I'm not currently attending, but I will starting Spring 2013!
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 07:24
Congrats!!! That's only a few months away. Wishing you the best :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 31 May 2013, 14:47
Hey Chris558,

I was wondering if you completed your application, and, if so, have you heard anything from the school yet!

I have submitted my application and received confirmation, but have not heard anything about and interview or status change so far.
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 09:14
Hi Endowing!

Yes, I submitted my application 5/15 and mailed in all the matrials a week beforehand!

Hmm nope haven't heard anything back from them yet!! Got my confirm and stuff last month though. Nothing updated in the statuscheck website..

Crossing my fingers ^_^ Good luck to you too!!! Definitely update me about your status!!! I'm trying not to stress myself out about it haha.

Endowing wrote:
Hey Chris558,

I was wondering if you completed your application, and, if so, have you heard anything from the school yet!

I have submitted my application and received confirmation, but have not heard anything about and interview or status change so far.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 13

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2013, 06:34
This post received
KUDOS
I GOT IN!!! Got the email yesterday around 5PM that my status check portal had an update.. Totally didn't see the email until 10:30PM because I was in the city all day for an interview and my phone was dying. When I checked, it was my Status Letter..

"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the NYU Stern Langone MBA Program...."

YAY =) I didn't think they would get back to me so soon, given I submitted my stuff 5/15 and had a video essay included haha. I feel like it's a dream! This has been such a LONGGGGGG process (started studying for GMAT 4/2012!!). You'll understand why I think it's still a dream once you read my stats....

Undergrad GPA: 2.89 (5 yrs at college, transcript had a lot of Fs, D's, C's that I retook and I also took a semester off)
Major: Econ @ giant state school
Graduation date: 5/2011 Ethnicity: First generation Asian-American
WE: 2.5 yrs Financial Services( with a bunch of awards and top performance)
GMAT: 720 (second try)
Comm: volunteer at shelter, committee lead for nation-wide pan-Asian professional nonprofit group (NJ Chapter), started NJ high school volunteer group and was advisor for it, softball team at work,
Note: I took 4 UCLA Extension classes, 2 at a time (acctg 1 & 2, qnt methods and stats, math for managers) and got A/s in all of them. I also did a video essay for Essay 3- and put a lot of work into it!!! I didn't try to show off my accomplishments, but more so who I was as a person. Thinking of posting it on youtube ^_^
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2013, 22:45
Expert's post
Congrats!!!!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Current Student

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 13:03
Congratulations Chris558!!!! that is fantastic news!

You totally should upload your video. It would be good to share what an acceptance video looks like! I chose to do an essay... I did not think that I would be creative enough for the video!

I am still waiting! but hopefully my outcome will be similar to yours!
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 12:59
Thank you!! Best of luck to everyone who's waiting :)))
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 12:52
Congrats Chris558 on your acceptance! I too am still waiting... Have a theory that they are going according to last names of completed apps. Chris, does your last name happen to be between A-F?
Current Student

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 14:10
I have been invited to an interview... not sure if that is typical.... hope to have good news afterward.

Chris, you had questioned if interviews were common, were you ever invited to an interview or accepted without one?
Manager
Manager

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 11:16
TNH410 wrote:
Congrats Chris558 on your acceptance! I too am still waiting... Have a theory that they are going according to last names of completed apps. Chris, does your last name happen to be between A-F?

Thank you :)
My last name starts with a W lol

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 12:17
Heres my theory...

A-C and X-Z Notified week of Jun 10
D-F and U-W Notified week of Jun 17
G-I and R-T Notified week of Jun 24
J-L and O-Q Notified week of Jul 2
Others Notified week of Jul 9
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Schools: Stern PT '17 (A)
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2013, 15:44
Hi I am in. Submitted my application on May 12th and received the acceptance letter on June 19th.

I am still in the middle of verification process. It's been three weeks now. Anyone has it completed yet?
Re: NYU Stern Part-time Langone Program Fall 2013   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2013, 15:44