Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 05:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Stern ($$$$) vs Tuck ($)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 23

Re: NYU Stern ($$$$) vs Tuck ($) [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 12:43
TonyMontana896 wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
How set are you on consulting? From my research, it appears easier to break into MBB from Tuck than Stern. Then again, Stern doesn't release very detailed employment reports, so it's very hard to tell.

There is much more to the world of consulting than MBB. Most people (regardless of school) who want to get into consulting do not go to MBB (especially for their internship). I understand that those are the top 3 firms, but sometimes I get the impression that people think they are the only 3 firms and that it's a given that if they recruit for consulting that's where they will end up. It's an unrealistic expectation that gets perpetuated by conversations like these.

OP, look at the full range of consulting companies recruiting at these schools (both on campus and off campus). Talk to students who recruited for consulting internships at both schools. That will give you a better idea of how likely it would be to make the career switch from either school. Also understand going in that there are many more positions available for full-time consulting jobs than for summer internships. Best of luck with your decision.

True that mb/b/b aren't the only firms, but its certainly a good indicator of a schools consulting strength. If a school places well with m/b/b then they will likely place well with any consulting firm. It's a good relative measure for those interested in consulting and deciding between top tier schools.

Yes very good point
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: NYU Stern ($$$$) vs Tuck ($) [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 14:03
saya1905 wrote:
I got invites from both of them and need to make a decision soon. Any thoughts ? If I choose NYU, my loan for cost of education and living would be practically nil. Also, I have the advantage of location as I stay in New York city.

Any advice appreciated..please

Today was Tuck's November/January rounds deposit deadline...which way did you go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Re: NYU Stern ($$$$) vs Tuck ($)   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2013, 14:03