Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Oct Exam, Round 2 Apps? [#permalink]
09 Sep 2012, 21:29
This post was BOOKMARKED
I planned on giving the exam months ago, and with life in the way I put it off and now I am at the crossroads. I have it scheduled for Sep 18th, but still not getting the scores I want. I know some would say take it, and than see as schools will take your top score, but I would like to go for the one hitter quitter.
There is no doubt in my mind, that I am applying this year, for matriculation Fall 2013. My original plan was to apply to a few of my target schools by October in Rd 1, and the remaining in Rd.2.
I'm getting closer to the scores I want, but not in the range I would like to strike the exam with. Therefore, I would like move the exam out to October 22 (the last and final date I would like to move it to), and than get my applications in by Round 2 (Early January).
Does this sound like a bad idea? Assuming I am comfortable with the score, that would provide about 2.5 months to get through 6-7 applications. I plan on starting with the majority of the requirements now (all the straightforward requirements), and taking the final 2 months to focus on my essays, and get the materials in order.
I have been visiting a few admissions information sessions and the adcoms stressed that get your application in when it is at its best, and Rd.1 is not going to be the make or break, which made total sense. My worry stems from juggling visits, completing essays, and getting a solid application done in the 2.5 month period that follows the exam.
For those who have been through it before, could you advise on what course of action to take? I appreciate the input.
Re: Oct Exam, Round 2 Apps? [#permalink]
27 Aug 2013, 18:43
Hi ReggiePrimeX, Don't know if you will check this reply, but I am in the same situation right now as you were 1 year back. Could you please share what did you do finally and right now where do you stand? If you finally decided to postpone, what were the pros and cons of that decision? Also, regardless of what admission committees said, what do you actually think of round 1 vs round 2 now based on your experience?
I am looking forward to your reply. Also, other experts/members if you could give some insight on this concern , I would really appreciate.
Re: Oct Exam, Round 2 Apps?
27 Aug 2013, 18:43