Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 09:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ocw.mit.edu

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 926
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
ocw.mit.edu [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 13:18
One of the best websites to learn!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Guys have fun.. Before we begin our MBA, we can analyse and see which classes we need to do from their website..

ANyone have any suggestions?

I read this article that there are plenty more schools doing opencourseware (ocw)

It will be nice if some mba first years can analyze and say do the following classes before you begin the MBA.. that way we can have the link to the classes that we should take from here..

any idweas?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 1023
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ocw.mit.edu [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 13:21
Am I missing something here? How exactly does one learn from powerpoint slides of past lectures ? Powerpoint slides are usually augmented by the professor's verbal discourse.



willget800 wrote:
One of the best websites to learn!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Guys have fun.. Before we begin our MBA, we can analyse and see which classes we need to do from their website..

ANyone have any suggestions?

I read this article that there are plenty more schools doing opencourseware (ocw)

It will be nice if some mba first years can analyze and say do the following classes before you begin the MBA.. that way we can have the link to the classes that we should take from here..

any idweas?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 926
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ocw.mit.edu [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 17:14
lhotseface wrote:
Am I missing something here? How exactly does one learn from powerpoint slides of past lectures ? Powerpoint slides are usually augmented by the professor's verbal discourse.



willget800 wrote:
One of the best websites to learn!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Guys have fun.. Before we begin our MBA, we can analyse and see which classes we need to do from their website..

ANyone have any suggestions?

I read this article that there are plenty more schools doing opencourseware (ocw)

It will be nice if some mba first years can analyze and say do the following classes before you begin the MBA.. that way we can have the link to the classes that we should take from here..

any idweas?


they have video and audio slides too..

not bad for free.. agreed nothing compares with professor interaction.. but still.. lot of stuff still to learn from here
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 1023
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ocw.mit.edu [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 17:43
Can you point me to the video and audio slides? Now that will be quite useful.

willget800 wrote:
lhotseface wrote:
Am I missing something here? How exactly does one learn from powerpoint slides of past lectures ? Powerpoint slides are usually augmented by the professor's verbal discourse.



willget800 wrote:
One of the best websites to learn!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Guys have fun.. Before we begin our MBA, we can analyse and see which classes we need to do from their website..

ANyone have any suggestions?

I read this article that there are plenty more schools doing opencourseware (ocw)

It will be nice if some mba first years can analyze and say do the following classes before you begin the MBA.. that way we can have the link to the classes that we should take from here..

any idweas?


they have video and audio slides too..

not bad for free.. agreed nothing compares with professor interaction.. but still.. lot of stuff still to learn from here
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 1023
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 17:51
Only the following courses have video and audio.
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/OCWHelp/avocw.htm
No business courses :(

BTW, how is your Berkeley course going ? Can you share your experience.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Posts: 1855
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2007, 20:40
lhotseface wrote:
Only the following courses have video and audio.
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/OCWHelp/avocw.htm
No business courses :(

BTW, how is your Berkeley course going ? Can you share your experience.


I handed in my stats homework yesterday, and the reply was (and I'm quoting), "10/10 A+ Excellent 100"

Yep, that's right. I rule. I can find average, mode, and median like you wouldn't believe.

We'll see what happens in Unit 2....
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2007, 05:18
aaudetat wrote:

I handed in my stats homework yesterday, and the reply was (and I'm quoting), "10/10 A+ Excellent 100"

Yep, that's right. I rule. I can find average, mode, and median like you wouldn't believe.

We'll see what happens in Unit 2....


WOW, I've heard about grades inflation before. But I never realized it had become such an epidemic... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 926
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2007, 06:14
lhotseface wrote:
Only the following courses have video and audio.
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/OCWHelp/avocw.htm
No business courses :(

BTW, how is your Berkeley course going ? Can you share your experience.


My berekeley course is going ok.. Been busy outside work..
So my course load looks ok.. the work I do is just around 6 hours a week on a saturday afternoon, and I can finish the assignments.. Had a mid term too... did well..

Now its not that much interesting as being in a class
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2007, 06:18
Good stuff
Thanks
  [#permalink] 07 Mar 2007, 06:18
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ocw.mit.edu

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.