Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2011, 17:55
Hilarious! Well all I can say is you never know. Love is something you cannot plan. I met my very serious bf at a hostel while traveling overseas and looking like a dirty hippie backpacker. He followed me across an ocean and more than one year later we are still in love and planning our lives together.

Maybe you'll hit it off with students from other schools within the same university. Just seek out another grad program that has male to fem ratio in your favor. Haha

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 01:12
irishspring wrote:
I think my parents, mostly my mom, would love for me to find my wife, have children, and move back home.

I know alot of people meet their spouse at grad school. What my chances at MBA?

Let me say. Im a pretty nice guy. I think fairly obtainable. My grandma says I am handsome.

So do many people meet at MBA and get married?

haha)))))
don't think about it but hang around with your classmates, drink, dance and 100% you will find nice women.

But your approach is kinda conservative, add some spark and remove pragmatism - you will succeed)))
Manager
Manager
Status: Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: HBS '15, Stanford '15
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 05:06
This is a very funny thread.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 11

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 07:52
Judging by the success of this thread, I'm half serious about changing my long term MBA goal essay to talk about the MBA dating consultancy I intend to found. It'll be great, I'll refer to this very thread as my market research, and put together a high level business case based on take rate, as well as average revenue per client.

My mission statement will be "Every MBA should be able to pursue their dream of a top tier love life". I'll offer a simple value proposition through three key services:
1) I'll work with candidates on an application strategy. I'll identify potential competitive or stretch mates (though I'll recommend a few safeties).
2) I'll work with candidates to clarify their goals, and present themselves in the best possible light
3) Will offer interview/first date simulations with actual or former married people.

Any enterprising 2012 applicants looking for experiential learning opportunties? Single females preferred. Kidding! (okay half kidding).
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 08:24
canadianchamp wrote:
Judging by the success of this thread, I'm half serious about changing my long term MBA goal essay to talk about the MBA dating consultancy I intend to found. It'll be great, I'll refer to this very thread as my market research, and put together a high level business case based on take rate, as well as average revenue per client.

My mission statement will be "Every MBA should be able to pursue their dream of a top tier love life". I'll offer a simple value proposition through three key services:
1) I'll work with candidates on an application strategy. I'll identify potential competitive or stretch mates (though I'll recommend a few safeties).
2) I'll work with candidates to clarify their goals, and present themselves in the best possible light
3) Will offer interview/first date simulations with actual or former married people.

Any enterprising 2012 applicants looking for experiential learning opportunties? Single females preferred. Kidding! (okay half kidding).

Now this is BRILLIANT!!

You know I was just working on the "Why MBA?" section of my career goals essay and found myself writing the following:
I wanted to go to law school but the male/female ratios SUCK for women. Then I saw the 65/35 male/female ratio for b-schools and I said, "MBA it is!!"

Too honest?

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 340

Kudos [?]: 1391 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 14:04
cheetarah1980 wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

Now this is BRILLIANT!!

You know I was just working on the "Why MBA?" section of my career goals essay and found myself writing the following:
I wanted to go to law school but the male/female ratios SUCK for women. Then I saw the 65/35 male/female ratio for b-schools and I said, "MBA it is!!"

Too honest?

Haha, partially, yes. But it's candid :D This entire thread is hilarious and makes for a great read :D
Current Student
Schools: Tuck Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 20:55
In about ten days I will see whether Tuck & Dartmouth are good places to find the future mother of my children. But before any precipitated decision, I want to date as many girls as possible to finally solve a dillema: blonde or brunette ? ;-)

VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2011, 05:33
MBAUncle wrote:
In about ten days I will see whether Tuck & Dartmouth are good places to find the future mother of my children. But before any precipitated decision, I want to date as many girls as possible to finally solve a dillema: blonde or brunette ? ;-)

No love for the redheads or raven haired girls I see. Sad, so sad. :(

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2011, 06:51
cheetarah1980 wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

No love for the redheads or raven haired girls I see. Sad, so sad. :(

Your blog interests include nappy hair and tae kwon do.... i think they are just scared of you.
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2011, 09:31
Just read through the whole thread again, lol. Love hearing you guys talk about picking up undergrads. I probably should be creeped out slightly since I'm one myself. If I ever meet one of you in person, don't remind me about this thread :P

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [1] , given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2011, 09:43
This post received
KUDOS
GoMannschaftGo wrote:
Undergrads... I get older, they stay the same age :twisted:

The combination of Patrick Bateman avatar and potentialyl inappropriate username makes this the most creepy thing ever posted on gmatclub by a factor of at least 1000.
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 02:44
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 02:46
RHB wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!

Hmmm I should qualify that by saying that I'm not a girl, otherwise that last post looks a bit odd.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT Date: 12-27-2011
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 37

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 08:41
well, it's a very hard question.

if she is in HBS so she is probably smart, so the probability for her being good-hearted or pretty is 1-3C3.

there is an old say: if you want a pretty, smart and good hearted marry 3 wimen. :lol:

my reply should not be taken seriously
Manager
Manager

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 09:04
RHB wrote:
RHB wrote:
MBAUncle wrote:

Brunette obviously!

Hmmm I should qualify that by saying that I'm not a girl, otherwise that last post looks a bit odd.

haha! I actually thought you were a brunette!
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2011, 15:57
Quote:
if she is in HBS so she is probably smart, so the probability for her being good-hearted or pretty is 1-3C3.

Burned, brother.

Perhaps this is your wounded "man" pride speaking ;). I know a lot of girls at HBS and you can't just stereotype girls that way, yo. It just won't work. The pretty one? Maybe I can let go. But the good hearted jab? Nope. No, no, no.

(P.S - I'm not really up in arms against you, so don't worry. :P)
Manager
Manager

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 08:24
whiplash2411 wrote:
Quote:

Burned, brother.

Perhaps this is your wounded "man" pride speaking ;). I know a lot of girls at HBS and you can't just stereotype girls that way, yo. It just won't work. The pretty one? Maybe I can let go. But the good hearted jab? Nope. No, no, no.

(P.S - I'm not really up in arms against you, so don't worry. :P)

Whippy, I think you just scared the guys into shutting up here ;) :D
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2011, 10:07
I'm a poor undergrad girl defending her fellow ... Uh. Female species? The guys will survive :P

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Other)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2011, 09:25
whiplash2411 wrote:
Just read through the whole thread again, lol. Love hearing you guys talk about picking up undergrads. I probably should be creeped out slightly since I'm one myself. If I ever meet one of you in person, don't remind me about this thread :P

Hmm nice way saying to be reminded :P

between what a thread :-D

My GMAT Journey 540->680->730!

~ When the going gets tough, the Tough gets going!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2011, 07:11
Keep this quality thread going, it is rather entertaining. No matter what awful day I have, reading this thread makes me smile. Guys, I heard the term 'thinking outside the box' and how about taking a few classes at other departments. Linguistic and public health has a high female ratio and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. You would improve our changes dramatically.
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2011, 07:11