Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE:General Management (Law)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink]
Havent been to this thread in a while, but someone needs to make the poster for this thread like this one:

2008-applicant-information-put-your-profile-here-41961-220.html#p342880
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
How does foreign women rate? Exotic?
I did hear there are a lot gg on in b school. My friend thinks it's because the consulting and investment bankers had no social life previously that they r making up for lost time before gg back to grind again...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
Glad to see the MBA hopeful men are not intimidated by a smart woman... Cant say the same about the Wall St types :roll:
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
flood wrote:
I can vouch for the Fuqua Foxes. I saw a few hotties and I was there only for a few hours on a Saturday.

WINNER.

LOL
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Oh man...I'm gonna need a miracle, here. I'm so horrendous at talking to women. All of my friends (male and female) tell me that I'd make a great catch, but I have no real confidence in myself. An MBA at a top school is hopefully my gateway to a solution...People say that I remind them of Raj from Big Bang Theory o_O, for anyone who watches that show...
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
cecilpaladin32 wrote:
Oh man...I'm gonna need a miracle, here. I'm so horrendous at talking to women. All of my friends (male and female) tell me that I'd make a great catch, but I have no real confidence in myself. An MBA at a top school is hopefully my gateway to a solution...People say that I remind them of Raj from Big Bang Theory o_O, for anyone who watches that show...

What school are you in? :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
@gablaze23: Not planning on going to B-School for the next 2 or 3 years. I went to University of Rochester for undergrad. Just a May 2010 graduate trying to gain some decent work experience and a solid GMAT score...

And for the record, employees at my old job in Los Angeles called me Butters from South Park, as well...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
To answer the original question on meeting a spouse in MBA school

For men:
If we're talking about meeting a spouse (presumably female) in MBA school where the spouse is also an MBA student, chances are very small. MBA programs are mostly male. And among the women, a number are either already married or are committed to someone else.

If we're talking about men meeting a possible spouse while in MBA school regardless of where the spouse is from, then the chances increase.

Also, a lot of men will be married or otherwise committed anyway.

for women:
There are more available single men out of the single women MBA students, so chances are better than the men for the former, but like I said, many men are taken.

As for meeting a possible husband who doesn't have to be in the MBA program as well, the sex ratio is a lot more even overall among a university's grad programs generally speaking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Based on everything in this thread, proximity to the law school should be a major factor in determining which school I should attend...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Question about those schools that are considered "partner friendly". I know every school claims this, but I feel there's a perception that some actually deliver on this claim (e.g. Tuck) better than to others.

I'm fairly young, and not really at a point in my life where I'm considering marriage. Truthfully, in terms of my lifestyle, I don't have very much in common with someone who is married, and am worried I might having a harder time relating to a married classmate. Is this something I need to be considering in choosing a school?

I realize it's typically the other way around (married folks worried about fitting in), so maybe it's ridiculous that I'm bringing this up. But seriously, will every girl be taken?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Purdue University - EE; RF Design - Telecommunication
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.16
WE:Design (Telecommunications)
Send PM
This thread is hella funny! Why did it stop?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
I think we need to revive it for the '15 hopefuls! I'm a single female so I'm liking my odds :) Good call about mixing it up with other schools within the university. No need to worry about 2 years of awkward interactions if things don't work out.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
flood wrote:
I can vouch for the Fuqua Foxes. I saw a few hotties and I was there only for a few hours on a Saturday.

Hmmmm. I'm getting the feeling there aren't many ladies on this forum...
:twisted:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GPA: 3.1
WE:Accounting (Other)
Send PM
This thread is hilarious! Thanks for reviving it! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>
9. Booth: Read #6, this school exemplified it. The women here were not nice at all, especially since the environment felt very cut throat competitive, it made the women even more unattractive. The vibe I was getting from the women can be summed up to being miserable, depressing, suicidal, and irritable. I had a conversation with one of the students at Haas and she pretty much summed it up "Booth's facility is amazing. But it's a real bubble from Chicago, because the students have to be protected from the misery."

I still have UCLA and Marshall left to go, but I can tell you already it's going to end up high on the list. Opinions? haha

I am just wondering what made you say so(refer to the bold part)..from all the sources I have heard is Booth has very much an collaborative environment rather than a competitive one :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
yogesh1984 wrote:
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>
9. Booth: Read #6, this school exemplified it. The women here were not nice at all, especially since the environment felt very cut throat competitive, it made the women even more unattractive. The vibe I was getting from the women can be summed up to being miserable, depressing, suicidal, and irritable. I had a conversation with one of the students at Haas and she pretty much summed it up "Booth's facility is amazing. But it's a real bubble from Chicago, because the students have to be protected from the misery."

I still have UCLA and Marshall left to go, but I can tell you already it's going to end up high on the list. Opinions? haha

I am just wondering what made you say so(refer to the bold part)..from all the sources I have heard is Booth has very much an collaborative environment rather than a competitive one :?

It might have been the day I was visiting (late May 2012), the class I was sitting in (Marketing Strategies), or the specific class itself, but it was very competitive. Everyone was vying for a chance to speak, and it was an one-up-manship thing going on. My mentor, who graduated from Chicago in '86 says it was the same when he went through there and isn't surprised it hasn't changed much. I've visited 3 schools officially and 6 unofficially, and I think that the official ones are more dog and pony and formal rather than the unofficial ones, those were more honest and true.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
lonesoui wrote:
yogesh1984 wrote:
lonesoui wrote:
<snip>

It might have been the day I was visiting (late May 2012), the class I was sitting in (Marketing Strategies), or the specific class itself, but it was very competitive. Everyone was vying for a chance to speak, and it was an one-up-manship thing going on. My mentor, who graduated from Chicago in '86 says it was the same when he went through there and isn't surprised it hasn't changed much. I've visited 3 schools officially and 6 unofficially, and I think that the official ones are more dog and pony and formal rather than the unofficial ones, those were more honest and true.

Hmm agree on informal visits being more fruitful :) ..thanks for sharing those thoughts & experience.. I guess people feel more comfortable because of non disclosure of grades policy perhaps at Booth :?: ..class rooms may be such competitive at schools most of the times
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  23