Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 4
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 11:18
CobraKai wrote:
lonesoui wrote:

7. Johnson: Ithaca, what can I say? I think I saw about 4-5 women here, and 3 of them weren't bad. I guess that's a good percentage then?



Dibs.


Hell no I have the dibs.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 4
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 20 May 2013, 11:18
lonesoui wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
lonesoui wrote:

7. Johnson: Ithaca, what can I say? I think I saw about 4-5 women here, and 3 of them weren't bad. I guess that's a good percentage then?



Dibs.


On the 4-5 women, or just the good looking ones? haha Goodluck, the ratio is for every 1 girl there are 75 guys.


Kill me now, I wouldn't be able to live with that.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 373
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 146 [1] , given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 12:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
Now that I've got a few school visits under my belt, I'll resurrect this post and contribute for the girls.

Duke: I was amazed at the pool of attractive guys at Duke. They far surpassed the other schools.
HBS: simply due to the sheer size of the program, the odds are in your favor for finding a few hot guys.
Stanford: Ehh, decent
Tuck: Great campus, but incredibly disappointing in the hottie department.
_________________

Latest blog posts:
- How to respond to the HBS essay prompt
- Who got in to HBS?

http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Hoping to get off the waitlist!
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 335
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 179 [1] , given: 120

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 09:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
DefyingGravity wrote:
Now that I've got a few school visits under my belt, I'll resurrect this post and contribute for the girls.

Duke: I was amazed at the pool of attractive guys at Duke. They far surpassed the other schools.
HBS: simply due to the sheer size of the program, the odds are in your favor for finding a few hot guys.
Stanford: Ehh, decent
Tuck: Great campus, but incredibly disappointing in the hottie department.


Ah, just found this thread and figured out why you picked HBS over Stanford! :love
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Posts: 229
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 65

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 09:59
While I can't speak to the actual odds, anecdotally there are many intra- and inter-class relationships that develop in B-school. If you think about it, the school has already done the lion's share of the work by pre-screening on a variety of important dimensions.

To determine the appropriate type of relationship, I've found this framework helpful.

http://pixdaus.com/files/items/pics/7/58/21758_156c7b6df3dd79689274d87d96543b3b_large.jpg
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Hoping to get off the waitlist!
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 335
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 120

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 10:51
brandon432 wrote:
To determine the appropriate type of relationship, I've found this framework helpful.

http://pixdaus.com/files/items/pics/7/58/21758_156c7b6df3dd79689274d87d96543b3b_large.jpg


Thank you for sharing your wisdom as a current Booth student, but I think there was a typo in the picture you provided.

I went ahead and fixed it: http://i.imgur.com/NPNRTix.png
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 373
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 25

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 12:08
farful wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:
Now that I've got a few school visits under my belt, I'll resurrect this post and contribute for the girls.

Duke: I was amazed at the pool of attractive guys at Duke. They far surpassed the other schools.
HBS: simply due to the sheer size of the program, the odds are in your favor for finding a few hot guys.
Stanford: Ehh, decent
Tuck: Great campus, but incredibly disappointing in the hottie department.


Ah, just found this thread and figured out why you picked HBS over Stanford! :love



This is hilarious, Farful!!! I completely forgot I wrote that post or that this thread exists. Wow, that was at the very beginning of my application process. It seems like so long ago... whelp, this is a nice re-affirmation of my decision.
_________________

Latest blog posts:
- How to respond to the HBS essay prompt
- Who got in to HBS?

http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Re: Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA   [#permalink] 21 May 2014, 12:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Meet Alumni from Top B-Schools in your city nehasingh1020 0 10 May 2014, 04:12
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Meet Schools at QS World MBA Tour bb 30 25 Aug 2010, 23:31
Meet the ISB admissions team and alumni to get your question reese 0 25 Feb 2010, 10:21
Stern dude meets spouse at bookstore isa 3 21 Feb 2009, 22:20
The Spouse Dilemma RLM 6 24 Jul 2007, 10:52
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Odds of meeting your spouse at MBA

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   [ 327 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.