Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 16:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F [#permalink] New post 24 May 2014, 03:29
ey guys,

I've got two conditional offers for the upcoming 2014/15 school calendar (need to retake the TOEFL and get 107, shouldn't be an issue, and attend a summer course in the case of the LSE):

1) MSc in Finance at Cass Business School
2) MSc in Accounting & Finance at London School of Economics

What do you guys think? Is the LSE here the clear choice? Only "issue" for me is that I don't particularly enjoy accounting but there are only 3-4 mandatory accounting classes in the case of the LSE MSc in A&F, other than that you can virtually get the same degree as the MSc in Finance.

For info, as of today, I want to work in a financial markets related role, rather than corporate finance. Something in sales/trading/hedge fund/quant shop....but this might change some day. (btw, I've undertaken 1 IB back office internship and am currently doing an IB Sales internship in a BB)

Only got the offer from the LSE 2 days ago so my decision process has just started but as of now, I think that refusing this offer from the LSE would be a big mistake and I will regret it later on if I don't take this chance.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F [#permalink] New post 24 May 2014, 15:09
I went to an event called Euromasters in Germany. It was a gathering of business schools from Europe to take part in some sports competitions. The two British schools were Cass and LSE.

When LSE came out for the presentation of their team, their shirts read the following: Who is Cass?

You know the answer.

GMAT Prep 1 - November 25, 2013: 44 Q, 45 V, 720
GMAT Prep 2 - March 16, 2014: 47 Q, 42 V, 720

Intern
Intern

Re: Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F [#permalink] New post 25 May 2014, 03:16
mooncakes wrote:
I went to an event called Euromasters in Germany. It was a gathering of business schools from Europe to take part in some sports competitions. The two British schools were Cass and LSE.

When LSE came out for the presentation of their team, their shirts read the following: Who is Cass?

You know the answer.

I agree. Even though I might enjoy some of Cass' courses more, at the end of the day, having LSE on your CV will be a life long "badge" of quality. Nowhere else in the world do you have prime ministers, CEOs, nobel prize winning economists, world leaders,... come and give speeches. Short term, Cass might make more sense, but long term, definitely LSE.
Intern
Intern

Re: Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F [#permalink] New post 26 May 2014, 19:56
Anyone else?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Offers: Cass MSc in Finance vs LSE MSc in A&F   [#permalink] 26 May 2014, 19:56