Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 262
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 45

Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 07:14
1
This post received
KUDOS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


There. Now back to work.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Status: Burning mid-night oil....daily
Joined: 07 Nov 2008
Posts: 2400
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 07:23
mreevit wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


There. Now back to work.


Oh boy ~

typical-r1-application-process-which-stage-are-you-at-87286.html#p656047
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 262
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 45

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 07:34
nink wrote:
mreevit wrote:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


There. Now back to work.


Oh boy ~

typical-r1-application-process-which-stage-are-you-at-87286.html#p656047


J
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Schools: MIT LGO or bust
WE 1: Energy
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 08:00
I'd just like to say the following

LKJFELKJHLDNCLJWEYHLZJ (*R(@#$*($&W^(&*P$$YH^YBXKJILU #NQGGKZGHKJHEHR#*(P%Y$$)@$)*@) !KJDHSJ KL:ROY@*($%(*@Y(*U@()!U*)(U#R)(Y*U$(*&(*&U~()*&@((*@#&$%*( :twisted: :evil: :| :| :| :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :|

Thanks, good thread. This will help me feel better for the next 10 minutes.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 166
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 55

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 10:34
I'm right there with you. I'm at the point now where I just want to call up various admissions departments to chat about, you know, stuff.

Maybe I'll ask how the 3-day weekend went.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Can't wait!
Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 42
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2011, 12:53
I just want to add the following to this discussion:

How is that someone who is normally happy, passionate, outgoing and bubbly can suddenly turn into a boring, stuttering, drab and monotone person while in those tiny, windowless interview rooms that they put you in for on-campus interviews???? I typically smile a lot when I talk about my work and passions because I enjoy them, but when the interviewer did not smile back I started in a downward spiral of self-doubt....maybe she's not smiling because I'm boring her, maybe she's not smiling because I keep smiling and it makes me look like an idiot, maybe she doesn't like me, maybe.......oh goodness how do I salvage this conversation???? Then what you had practiced with others that amazed them is now suddenly sounding so boring and...oh crap is that a stutter? Did I just blank on an important word that would make me sound intelligent and am forced to use a dumbed-down version that makes me sound like I'm in kindergarden? Did I really just wave my hand like that and my voice get that shrill.......

Sigh! Why are b-school interviews so weird? I've interviewed for jobs before and they were no where close to this level of intensity......
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 113
Schools: MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:48
I stuttered at least 3 times, was blank minded at least twice during my first interview.... lol....I was totally NOT myself!
_________________

Dream the impossible and do the incredible.

Live. Love. Laugh.


Last edited by babyif19 on 25 Feb 2011, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 113
Schools: MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 14:49
Cannot agree more. During my first interview, I was so nervous and uncertain because of the interviewer's lack of response. My personality totally did not shine through. I don't even think it had anything to do with my confidence level. It is more about the chemistry between you and the person who is going to rate you.

At least I did much better on the interview with the second school.

But the wait is KILLING ME, even with the busy work schedule!!! C'MON March, roll in already!


gtgator03 wrote:
I just want to add the following to this discussion:

How is that someone who is normally happy, passionate, outgoing and bubbly can suddenly turn into a boring, stuttering, drab and monotone person while in those tiny, windowless interview rooms that they put you in for on-campus interviews???? I typically smile a lot when I talk about my work and passions because I enjoy them, but when the interviewer did not smile back I started in a downward spiral of self-doubt....maybe she's not smiling because I'm boring her, maybe she's not smiling because I keep smiling and it makes me look like an idiot, maybe she doesn't like me, maybe.......oh goodness how do I salvage this conversation???? Then what you had practiced with others that amazed them is now suddenly sounding so boring and...oh crap is that a stutter? Did I just blank on an important word that would make me sound intelligent and am forced to use a dumbed-down version that makes me sound like I'm in kindergarden? Did I really just wave my hand like that and my voice get that shrill.......

Sigh! Why are b-school interviews so weird? I've interviewed for jobs before and they were no where close to this level of intensity......

_________________

Dream the impossible and do the incredible.

Live. Love. Laugh.

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 262
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 45

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 09:19
Pardon my french, but

PPPPHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 160
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 12:30
Yeah, the wait between interview and decision is the hardest thing that no one tells you about.

I am an emotional wreck and I've been looking for things to distract myself from thinking about business school applications. I wonder if it really is all worth it. They put people through a lot of heartache, accept or not.
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: Badgerine!
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 894
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 263 [0], given: 86

Reviews Badge
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 12:36
Hang in there guys and girls. You'll find your clarity and confidence again in the next few weeks, regardless of the results. It's easy to temporarily lose yourself when you're completely obsessed with the application process.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 183
Location: Beijing
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 17:31
Ross didn't start the calls yesterday ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !@@@@
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 166
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 55

Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 11:34
***getting close to desperation***

Yes, I know this will be over in a few short weeks. But it feels like an eternity! I think about this this process during at least half of my waking hours (conservative estimate).

Right now for instance, I'm practicing being "okay" if I hear back from the school of my dreams with a ding.
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2011, 11:34
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
CEIBS MBA Admission Info. - Official Thread for 2013 Intake vijaygovind 0 15 Nov 2012, 23:39
Relief :) pasman 1 13 Aug 2011, 12:15
Admitted to CBS Class of 2011 thread pguard 3 09 Mar 2009, 19:33
1 Admitted to Tuck Class of 2011 Thread! llest 20 06 Feb 2009, 13:13
104 Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread domtri33 1179 18 Dec 2008, 18:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.