Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9390 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 08:14
Expert's post

This week, Manhattan GMAT released online version of the OfficialsGuide Companion book (print version will be available on 5/17).

Manhattan GMAT has announced its latest publication MGMAT OfficialGuide Companion and is available online from their website for $14. Also, you are invited to test drive this product and get a preview of the first chapter on the Manhattan GMAT's website. The physical book will be available for sale on May 17th at mgmat online store and in a few weeks available from amazon. The book covers every math problem in the Official Guide and provides alternative and more detailed explanations than found in the OG 12.

Order the book:
on Amazon
From Manhattan GMAT (online edition)
Sample of the first chapter is attached:
Attachment:
File comment: Sample of the first chapter
Pages 1-22 from OGC_2010-5-6.pdf [497.9 KiB]
Downloaded 181 times
To download please login or register as a user

Photo Review of the Book is Available HERE

[quote2Manhattan GMAT Website]We are very proud to announce the imminent publication of the Official Guide Companion! This book includes thorough, step-by-step explanations to every math problem in the Official Guide, using the principles of our curriculum for consistency. Problems that customarily give students headaches are flagged as part of ‘Horacio’s Hotlist,’ named after ace Instructor Horacio Quiroga. There is also an online version of the OGC for easy reference.

Note that all of the referenced questions appear in the Official Guide itself, which is necessary to make use of the Official Guide Companion (hence the name).[/quote2]

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Last edited by bb on 30 May 2010, 11:13, edited 12 times in total.
updated to clarify the offer
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 18:30
This looks helpful. I am working my way slowly through the OG now.
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 13 May 2010, 06:13
skipjames wrote:
This looks helpful. I am working my way slowly through the OG now.

Glad you think it looks helpful! Let us know how you like it.

Thanks!
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 15:13
MGMAT has sent me the MGMAT OG Companion (I got one since I signed up for the 9 session guided self-study prep plus course). I have not done any math 'OG questions yet (hopefully this week with MGMAT number properties guide and MGMAT equations, inequalities and VICs) but from the looks of it it really looks great! I am looking forward to using this book when I tackle the OG problems!

Question for the MGMAT rep: are there any other strategy supplements on the way? I did the Foundations of GMAT Math Strategy Supplement last month and I thought it was great! Perhaps one on Verbal?

BLITZ
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 23 May 2010, 15:16
I did the course so I got it for free as well. I didn't really work with the OG Quant stuff although I did a few and I did find the explanations very helpful. If quant is your weakness definitely probably worth getting, but if your focusing on verbal I can see skipping it.
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 06:29
Glad to hear all the positive feedback about our OGC!

We may be working on more guides, such as a Foundations of GMAT Verbal, but at the moment they're a long way off. We always try to make sure we write the best possible guides, so it takes time to write them properly. We do have them in mind, though!

Thanks,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 24 May 2010, 08:47
Quote:
The book covers every math problem in the Official Guide and provides alternative and more detailed explanations than found in the OG 12.

Great product from MGMAT.No doubt.Looking forward to see verbal analogue.MGMAT solid approach would be very valuable applied to official questions,especially for those who strugles with verbal part(non natives,etc...)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 16

Re: New Book from Manhattan GMAT: Official Guide Companion [#permalink] New post 30 May 2010, 09:09
just ordered it :-D :banana :woohoo
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2010, 20:00
This is good for Quant. I wonder why MGMAT call this OG Companion when they do not provide explanations on Verbal part. Official Guide has answers but why MGMAT wants to address verbal is different from how Official Guide looks at a question.
Manager
Manager
Schools: AGSM '16

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 28

Re: Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2010, 20:37
I've used the online version of the book on their website and liked it a lot. I have now ordered the book as well and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 13:58
I didn't even know this book existed. Ordered it today. I've only seen positive things about it. Hopefully it helps!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9390 [0], given: 3696

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 17:07
Expert's post
Please post your thoughts/feedback if anything exciting/underwhelming.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Official Guide Companion: New Book from Manhattan MGMAT   [#permalink] 16 May 2011, 17:07