Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12 [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 19:57
Thanks a lot for the info..

vagarwal
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 01:49
Hi, are all of eight 4th Edition MGMAT guidebooks based on OG12?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2135

Kudos [?]: 7311 [0], given: 3618

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2010, 10:47
Expert's post
Yes. See here: manhattan-gmat-books-3rd-4th-edition-conversion-tables-91671.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2010, 05:03
I'm a bit of a completest so despite already having purchased OG 12th edition and the latest OG Quant and Verbal Reviews, I'm wondering whether it is also worth buying OG 11th edition?

Looking through that excellent Manhattan link posted earlier on in this thread, it appears that the OG 12th edition is missing a large number of questions that actually appeared in OG11:

*Reading Comprehension: missing 45Qs from OG 11th edition.
*Sentence Correction: missing 55Qs from OG 11th edition.
*Critical Reasoning: missing 50Qs from OG 11th edition.
*Problem Solving: missing 75Qs from OG 11th edition.
*Data Sufficiency: missing 75Qs from OG 11th edition.

So by also purchasing OG11 I will gain an extra 300 practice questions. Surely this is worth it especially considering the low price for old editions?

Any views?
Intern
Intern

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2010, 03:18
Any thoughts guys on my question above, please?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 346

Kudos [?]: 1661 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2010, 03:58
Expert's post
I think the more official questions you solve the better. By the way, I would also consider OG Verbal 2 and/or OG Quant 2 books.

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2010, 06:01
Thanks Walker, I'll probably pick up OG 11th edition as well then. When I said:
BigBrad wrote:
...despite already having purchased OG 12th edition and the latest OG Quant and Verbal Reviews...
I did mean that I've already got OG Verbal 2nd Ed. and OG Quant 2nd Ed. :)

Are the questions contained in the OG Verbal/Quant 2nd Ed. books definitely not duplicates that can also be found in OG 11th ed?

Also, do you know if there is a list showing the questions that are only in OG 11th and NOT in OG 12th?

At this Manhattan link: http://www.manhattangmat.com/official-guide-12.cfm, there is a PDF for each subject section that highlights the new questions that have been added to OG 12th. But also contained in each of these PDFs, e.g. take the Problem Solving one: http://www.manhattangmat.com/pdf/Proble ... fa12ed.pdf, on the 3rd page there is a list entitled "Sequential Problem Correspondence between 11th and 12th Edition"; where there is an n/a in the right hand column for OG 12th, can I deduce from this that the question number in the left hand column is only printed in the OG 11th ed?

Thanks for the help.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 346

Kudos [?]: 1661 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2010, 06:44
Expert's post
BigBrad wrote:
I did mean that I've already got OG Verbal 2nd Ed. and OG Quant 2nd Ed. :)

Oh, yeah :) I just jumped to the question....

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 05:37
No problem Walker!

So does anyone have any info regarding:

BigBrad wrote:
Are the questions contained in the OG Verbal/Quant 2nd Ed. books definitely not duplicates that can also be found in OG 11th ed?

Also, do you know if there is a list showing the questions that are only in OG 11th and NOT in OG 12th?

as I really wouldn't want to purchase OG 11th ed and go through the book manually finding which questions don't appear in OG 12, that would take too long.
Retired Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 33

GMAT Tests User
Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 11:04
i am planning to go through the questions in OG10, but is it true that OG10 questions appear in the 2 Free GMATPREP tests. If that is the case, i would start attempting OG10 questions only after attempting the 2 GMATPrep tests.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2012, 12:52
hi, i would like please to ask about which book is better.i already have the official guide 12th edition. is the Kaplan book better?are there major differences between both that may help students more?
Thank you a lot, i would appreciate your response asap
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 173 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2012, 18:26
Expert's post
Ghiwa wrote:
hi, i would like please to ask about which book is better.i already have the official guide 12th edition. is the Kaplan book better?are there major differences between both that may help students more?
Thank you a lot, i would appreciate your response asap
Hi Ghiwa,

The Kaplan books and the OG books fill completely different niches. The OG is a way to get the most realistic problems possible. At Kaplan, we do everything we can to make our problems as close to the test as we can--but the OG problems are straight from the test, as good as it gets! However, the OG is mostly a resource for problems, and nothing more. What strategies it offers are few and far between. Kaplan GMAT Premier includes strategies, patterns, and content in much more detail that the OG will teach you.

I hope this clears up the difference--pick the one that's best for you!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Re: Official Guide for GMAT 12ed in complete details   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2012, 18:26