Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

**OFFICIAL Starcraft 2 Enthusiast Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 71

**OFFICIAL Starcraft 2 Enthusiast Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 19:57

Welcome. If you're in here, you probably already know why. The game is epic. And if you're anything like me, you play it religiously (or try to).

So here's a brief overview of what this thread is for.

- combine GMAT study time with break time (SC2)
- share strats & ideas
- share usernames so we can team-play if interested (I'm platinum league 1v1 fyi so no need to apply if you're anything below :wink: )
- create a sense of community amongst our common hardship in our each and individual struggle in the GMAT game.

Alright, I'll start off. You can add me if you want but I don't play as much as I want to because I do have the GMAT to study for. My username is VWJETTY and if you prefer to add me by e-mail its VWJETTY@gmail.com (just note that you found me in GMATclub and have an intent to actually do team-play as I usually delete members if they're not active)

And finally, I know this thread might fall by the waist-side seeing as how a lot of the folks on here aren't very game savvy but I figured I'd at least make an "official" one to keep it a live :-D

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: **OFFICIAL Starcraft 2 Enthusiast Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 21:44
I was lucky enough to pre-order and get mine a pair days ago. It's an incredible game. I do want the graphics were better, but at the least this fashion the sport will be more appropriate with everyones systems, and let more individuals play it.

In the beta, the multiplayer was ridiculously hard. Even when the system was imagined to match you up with like-expert avid gamers, they had been rather a lot more durable than I expected. Looks like a flaw to me.

The storyline here is nice and the marketing campaign is long sufficient to justify it is personal recreation IMO. I'm not a fan of getting to purchase expansion packs to play the opposite races, but we must wait and see how they are prices.

I'd price this game a solid 8/10! Go get it!
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 71

Re: **OFFICIAL Starcraft 2 Enthusiast Thread [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 22:46
Yeah I agree. Not a fan of having to go out and buy the other games just for the campaign. I wonder if the new expansion games would include different units as well. I know for one thing that the mothership in the game trailers has more potential than what the mothership can do currently. $50 bucks isn't bad for a top-rated game. Especially since you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play it like WOW (sigh) blizzard makes so much money haha, I'd like to do their finances.

As for the hype, yeah they hyped it up pretty good. But for good reason too, the game is epic. Just got down feastin' on some noobs just now with zealot/stalker rush - it's priceless.

As for gaming specs to have an amazing graphics/gaming experience...well, you'd imagine that people that go out and buy a $50 game would be running something decent. Maybe not like the monster I've recently built but at least to decent specs to have graphics not be chopping when carriers are launching interceptors. But I will say, I do have a greater respect for people that own up to "built, not bought" mentality. Playing a game and dominating an opponent on a rig you hand-built just feels better :-D

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: **OFFICIAL Starcraft 2 Enthusiast Thread   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2010, 22:46