Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 04:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG 10 vs OG 11

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

OG 10 vs OG 11 [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2005, 10:28
Hey Everyone,

I was curious what you people on the forum thought about the OG 11.

I still have the OG 10 and have no problem getting the OG 11, but it seems like alot of the problems are repeats.

Also what do you guys think about Manhattan GMAT for math & verbal. I hear there math is awesome, but rc & cr stink.

thx,

wiseguy
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: OG 10 vs OG 11 [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2005, 17:10
wiseguy wrote:
Hey Everyone,
I was curious what you people on the forum thought about the OG 11.
I still have the OG 10 and have no problem getting the OG 11, but it seems like alot of the problems are repeats.
Also what do you guys think about Manhattan GMAT for math & verbal. I hear there math is awesome, but rc & cr stink.
thx, wiseguy

"OG 10th ed." is the best of all but it doesnot mean that "11th ed." is not a good one. it is also equally good one with more elabroated analysis. Yes, it has some repetition, which is really not good and those questions not repeted are already posted either as attachments or as questions in the relavant discussion forum of this site. so it depends upon you. but i suggest you to have it (11th ed.) for detail explanations, which are really excellent.

if anyone looking for 700+ had better with both...
Manager
Manager

640 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2005, 08:09
I am interested in getting approximately in the low to mid 600s, so you think if use the OG 11, it would be a superior to using the OG 10.

THX,

wiseguy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2005, 13:48
Can I just ask why you're interested in getting in the 600s?

I often see people coming on here saying, "I'm aiming for 600, what topics can I skip?" or stuff like that.

Why not aim for a perfect score in the first place and then get the best score you can?

Don't sell yourself short. If you study all the concepts and review hard, you might be shocked to find out how well you can do. It's at least worth a try, right?
Manager
Manager

Goals [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2005, 19:21
Sure I would like to get a great score, but the 600s will get me into the school I want.

But truth be told, I would live to get something in the high 600s or even beyond. The goals are modest and will hopefully bare fruit.

thx,

wiseguy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2005, 19:42
The point I was trying to make is that I believe the strategy of studying to a target score is misguided. In order to achieve a good score, you need to study all the concepts, and work on your timing, and make sure that you are confident about your abilities to ace the exam. Studying for a 600 should be the same as studying for an 800: an effort to learn as much as you can and do as well as you can. The result is only the after-effect.
  [#permalink] 06 Nov 2005, 19:42