Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG 11 , performance so far

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 145
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 07:16
I am going to post my scores from OG 11,which I completed recently. I am just excited to get the feedback on how am I doing ?

Verbal
--------
RC: 72% - Inference questions sucked big time, nailed all the primary purpose questions, spent exactly 2 mins per question.
CR: 82% -
SC: 72%

Quant
----------
PS: 87%
DS: 79% - Inequalities major blow( 11 errrors )

Accuracy wise can anyone give comments on how it looks ? and where I can invest more time into for a better ROI. I am basically looking for strategies. I havent done any exams yet and I want to do OG 11 once more if necessary.

I have used my time optimally . i want to score 700+ . Please advice !
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12186
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2270

Kudos [?]: 8762 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 10:36
Expert's post
You are doing good but it is hard to give you a more exact estimate since the questions in the OG are arranged in an increasing difficulty order, so it is not really possible to compare those in the beginning with those in the end.

You should look into getting Walkers GMAT Timer - it is a great tool - make sure you don't spend 3+ mins per question

Also - you have a good 80% success rate - but your goal is to improve and know why you missed the other 20%.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Posts: 805
Location: New Delhi
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 395 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 11:18
skpMatcha wrote:

Verbal
--------
RC: 72% - Inference questions sucked big time, nailed all the primary purpose questions, spent exactly 2 mins per question.
CR: 82% -
SC: 72%


Hi, I also have a similar accuracy rate in Verbal. I'm trying to improve on SC, which is the major portion in GMAT Verbal (around 16 questions). A accuracy rate of 70% would mean around 5 wrong SC answers.
_________________

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 145
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 12:48
Quote:
you have a good 80% success rate - but your goal is to improve and know why you missed the other 20%.


Yes thats the plan, spend time on what went wrong.

Quote:
I'm trying to improve on SC, which is the major portion in GMAT Verbal (around 16 questions). A accuracy rate of 70% would mean around 5 wrong SC answers


How are you planning to improve? please share with me too..

If anyone else share their OG scores ,I know what matters is which level of questions did you crack the most, but a general idea on how people are doing ..comparing actual GMAT scores indicate something, my lil hope is comapring OG scores also should make some sense, if not all :)

Any 700+ guys if you can share your scores, if you still kept the notes..please share ..
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2009
Posts: 805
Location: New Delhi
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 63

Kudos [?]: 395 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 21:58
bigoyal wrote:
How are you planning to improve? please share with me too..


The problem I was facing so far was that, despite doing lot of practice and reading, I was not improving in SC accuracy rate.

Now, I have created an error log for all the incorrect SC answers from OG. The error log contains:
1. my selected option,
2. OA,
3. question type
4. The mistake made by me (by comparing the correct option with that of mine).

After creating the error log, I noticed that my errors were roughly categorized under following heads (sorted in descending order)
1. Logical construction
2. Diction (like which/that, having, being etc)
3. Verb form (participle, infinitive etc)
4. Idioms
5. Others

So now I know which area I need to focus more, may be by reading more stuff for Diction, verb form, idioms and by taking extra care for logical construction next time during practice.

I have created this log just a couple of days back, haven't yet checked for improvements.
_________________

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 145
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: OG 11 , performance so far [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2009, 06:35
I am still in the process of creating such a log, started it though. But I can tell you that I am in the same boat :) I see many participle errors, countable vs uncountable nouns ,Idioms. Identification is the first step !
Re: OG 11 , performance so far   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2009, 06:35
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
So I've finished the OG Verbal and the MGMAT RC, and so far vwjetty 0 21 Jul 2010, 15:45
my story so far... pittgreek 1 04 Dec 2009, 18:04
Number of offers so far! agsfaltex 8 15 Feb 2007, 15:28
My Ordeal so far.... faisalt 1 15 Nov 2005, 19:22
My progress so far.. itpragmatik 7 28 Oct 2005, 10:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

OG 11 , performance so far

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.