Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG 11 Verbal questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: MIT
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
OG 11 Verbal questions [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2008, 07:21
In the OG, it's fairly accepted that the quant problems are not very challenging, except for the last 40 or 50 (for a 700+ level test taker). Is this the case with the verbal questions also? Or is there less disparity in the difficulty level of the verbal questions?

I'm just trying to decide if I should spend time on the first sets of verbal questions in the OG (I've got 2 weeks until I take the GMAT). Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: OG 11 Verbal questions [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2008, 07:24
I would definitely do the ones at the front unless you know everything so well, you really, really need to be challenged. The risk you run with going straight to the hard questions is that you don't see the basics enough and you can possibly make careless errors on the test. On the CAT, if you make errors on easy questions, you'll never see the hard questions you spent so much time learning.

IMHO.

smkrn wrote:
In the OG, it's fairly accepted that the quant problems are not very challenging, except for the last 40 or 50 (for a 700+ level test taker). Is this the case with the verbal questions also? Or is there less disparity in the difficulty level of the verbal questions?

I'm just trying to decide if I should spend time on the first sets of verbal questions in the OG (I've got 2 weeks until I take the GMAT). Thanks.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: OG 11 Verbal questions [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2008, 07:29
I would say most important part of OG is not just problems. But the reasoning that they use to dig answers. I remember friend of mine scored 730 in gmat by re-reading explainations of OG many times.
I also found for myself that since I have started reading reasoning for answers for each questions, my confidence level and speed for problems have increased.
Re: OG 11 Verbal questions   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2008, 07:29