Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG 11th practice questions difficulty level?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

OG 11th practice questions difficulty level? [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 20:53
Does anyone know how the questions are divided in OG 11th in terms of difficulty level? I know they go from easy to hard but I need to know the exact question #s in terms of easy, medium and difficult as I don't want to waste time working on killer questions that are beyond my level. For example, PS 1-100=easy, 101-150=medium, 151-250=hard. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 300 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 21:08
first, let me "break" a myth: OG questions as well as gmat questions are not divided into easy/medium/hard classification. this is a simplification used by prep material. the truth is that each gmat question is assigned a difficulty coefficient on a certain continuous scale. it is closer to have 10-20 "levels" of difficulty rather than 3. if indeed the OG is ordered by this difficulty factor - i don't know... but if it is - why not trying go over the questions from the beginning until they are too difficult for you?

also - it is important to remember that what may be difficult to one person may be easy for another. this is not a linear scale. so why not practice the "difficult" questions as well? you might find that some of them are doable...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2006, 21:24
I read the Amazon review from a user that said only the last 200 questions of every section are useful. I find some of the earlier questions too easy to be true. So I suppose OG questions are arranged from easy to hard.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0976570904/ref=cm_rev_sort/104-1197458-9610351?customer-reviews.sort_by=-HelpfulVotes&x=7&y=14&s=books
  [#permalink] 25 Dec 2006, 21:24