Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:23

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG Diagnostics Test - Projection?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

OG Diagnostics Test - Projection? [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 14:39
Hi,

Having just decided to take the GMAT before the format change, in case I want to apply for business school later on, I searched around the internet for test prep books and found this website. I saw that many recommended the "OG" guides, so I purchased the 12th edition and decided to begin with the diagnostics test. I thought at first that it was a practice test and I would be able to calculate a projected/estimated score from it, and allotted myself 75 minutes for each section. However, upon finishing it, I was disappointed to see that there was in fact no score projection or anything. I was hoping you guys could provide some feedback on possibly some sort of score prediction or commentary on how hard this diagnostics test is compared to the real test/actual practice tests. Here is the score breakdown:

Problem Solving: 24/24
Data Sufficiency: 22/24
Reading Comprehension: 16/17
Critical Reasoning: 14/17
Sentence Correction: 18/18
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 100

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 8

Re: OG Diagnostics Test - Projection? [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2012, 23:41
Expert's post
Your accuracy on these problems is a great sign, as there are some really difficult questions in the diagnostic section. Did you take 75 minutes for quant & 75 for verbal? If so, that's extraordinarily fast! Just keep in mind that on the real test, you will have more time per question, but the level of the questions will adapt to your performance, so most of them won't go as quickly.

In any case, the Diagnostic is not a great tool for predicting your GMAT score. It's meant to help you focus your study on particular question types, but that is better done through an analysis of your CAT exams. For now, take it as encouragement, but make sure to take a real practice test soon, and work from there.

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: OG Diagnostics Test - Projection?   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2012, 23:41