Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 11:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 15:26
Hello Everyone ,

So after not figuring out my own i decided to share my problem on this forum so i can get help from the experts to help me out and letting me know wheres the problem or where i am lacking.
After doing MGMAT Quant books i started doing OG 12 (could solve most of the question in time and my accuracy is good)and while solving the OG i felt confident so, to check my progress I took GMATPrep and MGMAT Test and in these two tests i find difficulty in solving the Quantitative problem ( taking to much time , not getting the final answer). So i got depressed and then again i started doing OG 12 with no additional study again I can solve OG 12 question with ease and with very high accuracy in time.
So anyone can tell why i am not able to perform well on GMAT Prep and MGMAT test while i can perfrom well on OG 12 ( in timed environment) . Are the questions in OG 12 are very easy in comparison to GMAT prep and MGMAT Test ? Any suggestions to improve my performance on GMAT Prep /MGMAT Tests just as on OG 12

PS : Are there any books only for questions (no theory like 5lb Manhattan GRE book)

Thanks,
Mohit
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1132

Kudos [?]: 5171 [0], given: 164

Re: OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ? [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 20:13
Expert's post
mohitsharma08 wrote:
Hello Everyone ,

So after not figuring out my own i decided to share my problem on this forum so i can get help from the experts to help me out and letting me know wheres the problem or where i am lacking.
After doing MGMAT Quant books i started doing OG 12 (could solve most of the question in time and my accuracy is good)and while solving the OG i felt confident so, to check my progress I took GMATPrep and MGMAT Test and in these two tests i find difficulty in solving the Quantitative problem ( taking to much time , not getting the final answer). So i got depressed and then again i started doing OG 12 with no additional study again I can solve OG 12 question with ease and with very high accuracy in time.
So anyone can tell why i am not able to perform well on GMAT Prep and MGMAT test while i can perfrom well on OG 12 ( in timed environment) . Are the questions in OG 12 are very easy in comparison to GMAT prep and MGMAT Test ? Any suggestions to improve my performance on GMAT Prep /MGMAT Tests just as on OG 12

PS : Are there any books only for questions (no theory like 5lb Manhattan GRE book)

Thanks,
Mohit

On average, OG12 questions are of 500 - 650 level. Practice tests are adaptive, so if you do well on level 600 questions, you get tougher questions. Few questions of OG are 700 level.
For practice you can check out our free question bank: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-question-bank/

Though, I think that if you are facing problems in GMAT Prep questions, it means there are some gaps in concepts. When I say concepts, I don't mean just Even + Even = Even etc. Those are 500-600 level concepts. It means that given a number, you will be able to deduce that it can be written in the form a^2 - b^2 if either the number is odd or the number has 4 as a factor. (Discussed here: if-two-integers-are-chosen-at-random-out-of-the-set-114579.html#p929326)

The point is, your basic fundamentals might be in place but are the advanced concepts clear? For more, check out my blog: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/categor ... om/page/5/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 48

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 1

Re: OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ? [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 08:58
Mohit,

Yes, the questions on average are easier in the OG12 compared to the GMATPrep. The main reason is that the bulk of the questions in OG are taken from old GMAT paper tests where time per question was 1.5 minutes, compared to 2 minutes on the GMAT. In addition, on the GMATPrep the questions are harder and it is reflected in the fact that to get the same level of score as before one can miss a higher number of questions.

All the questions in OG12 are relevant to the current GMAT exam, however students need to eventually graduate to the higher level of difficulty that they will encounter in the exam. I suggest you also practice with GMATPrep Question Pack 1 and GMATPrep Exam Pack1(later for adaptive tests).

Cheers,
Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 292

Kudos [?]: 672 [0], given: 6

Re: OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ? [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 08:07
Expert's post
mohitsharma08 wrote:

Thanks,
Mohit

We don't have physical books, but you can access our open online question platform with 1,000+ questions here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

And for OG13 video solutions, you will find this link useful: http://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide-gmat/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V26
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 9

Re: OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2014, 21:35
This post received
KUDOS
mohitsharma08 wrote:
Hello Everyone ,

Thanks,
Mohit

Hi Mohit,

Refer to this thread : quant-700-800-questions-ps-ds-with-solutions-123039.html

The attachment contains a compilation of some tough questions for each topic. Even i had started of only with MGMAT guides and OG, but later moved on to practicing tougher questions to solidify my concepts and achieve better timing .

Hope it helps.
Re: OG12 & MGMAT strategy (quants ) guides and not sufficient ?   [#permalink] 13 May 2014, 21:35