Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Okay, where do I go from here?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 60 [1] , given: 36

Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 19:27
This post received
KUDOS
I've spent the last several weeks after work going through the MGMAT guides and answering the OG questions when I have time. Here are my results from MGMAT's OG Archer tool. Where do I go from here? I'll take a GMATPrep test this weekend, while I imagine that these stats do provide some helpful color. FYI goal is about Q49 V47.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 02 May 2013, 22:21
Hi. Congrats on your preparation so far.

You seem to be on track to achieve your goal in verbal.

However, to get a 49 in Quant, you have a long way to go. Suggest that you move to another prep tool which should provide you more practice sets.

Good luck and kudos.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 36

Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 20:04
Hoping for some more thoughts here. The good news is I sat down and took a full-length GMAT Prep #1 today. Here are the results:

Evidently, the studying has paid off so far, although I haven't reviewed this to figure out what to do to get to Q49/V47. I missed 15/37 (yes, FIFTEEN) Quant questions and 5/41 verbal questions. Maybe the scoring is broken.

Any thoughts?

Here are the Q results for the curious camp of which I'm definitely a member based on my score being higher than I would have thought.
Correct
Correct
Correct

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

Correct
Wrong
Correct
Wrong
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct

Wrong
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct
Correct

Wrong
Correct
Correct

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

Correct
Wrong
Correct
Wrong
Wrong

Correct
Wrong

Last edited by vandygrad11 on 09 May 2013, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 22:07
For the first time, I now believe that my goal is possible after taking the second GMAP Prep exam.

There was probably a good deal of luck here. 740 with Q47 and V45 is probably baseline. Have scheduled the exam for next week though, and looking forward to banging this out. Does anyone have thoughts on how to spend the last 10-15 hours available to me? First up is to review this exam tomorrow, and then I'm thinking of buying Question Pack 1 and just going through the Hard questions in it, which should get me to 10-15 hours in total and hopefully guarantee a decent score.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [1] , given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 01:14
This post received
KUDOS
vandygrad11 wrote:
For the first time, I now believe that my goal is possible after taking the second GMAP Prep exam.

There was probably a good deal of luck here. 740 with Q47 and V45 is probably baseline. Have scheduled the exam for next week though, and looking forward to banging this out. Does anyone have thoughts on how to spend the last 10-15 hours available to me? First up is to review this exam tomorrow, and then I'm thinking of buying Question Pack 1 and just going through the Hard questions in it, which should get me to 10-15 hours in total and hopefully guarantee a decent score.

you have pretty solid practice scores. time to execute - good luck!

btw, QP 1 quant should definitely help you.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 12:23
jumsumtak wrote:
vandygrad11 wrote:

you have pretty solid practice scores. time to execute - good luck!

btw, QP 1 quant should definitely help you.

Thanks. That's what I'll do.

Just discovered something interesting. Found some popular matrices of scores for the GMAT, all of which seem to indicate that Q49 V47 should yield a 780. Any idea why my GMAT Prep was 760 with that Q/V split?

VP
VP
Followers: 69

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 448

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Okay, where do I go from here? [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 13:00
vandygrad11 wrote:
Just discovered something interesting. Found some popular matrices of scores for the GMAT, all of which seem to indicate that Q49 V47 should yield a 780. Any idea why my GMAT Prep was 760 with that Q/V split?

This score chart is not updated regularly and no one knows how many times GMAC changes/realigns their algorithm.

Case in point: My Q51 V35 was 720. A quick search on google gives debriefs from 690-720 with that same split. That is a lot of variation. Q49 V47 is flooded with 770s.

Anyhow, your split is solid and you shouldn't worry about 10-20 points :)

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Re: Okay, where do I go from here?   [#permalink] 24 May 2013, 13:00