Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 05:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

old format or new one??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

old format or new one?

• 77% [7]
  • 22% [2]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

old format or new one?? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 04:05
Hi folks
I am planning to take up the GMAT shortly but really confused whether to take it up before the format changes or after the IR section is introduced. Although most people say its better to get done with it before the change is made, i believe the new format would provide the universities a little more clarity in assessing the candidate and could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Please give your valuable comments.
Rgds
Gautam
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 50

Kudos [?]: 348 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: old format or new one?? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 05:31
IR is brand new (so new, it's not even out yet). The GMAC will be establishing a baseline for scoring and remember, IR is not part of the 200-800 score. It is scored along the lines of the essay (its own score).

I wouldn't worry too much about this change. If do well on the essay and do well on the scored part of the test, you should be fine.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 72

Re: old format or new one?? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 05:55
mohater wrote:
IR is brand new (so new, it's not even out yet). The GMAC will be establishing a baseline for scoring and remember, IR is not part of the 200-800 score. It is scored along the lines of the essay (its own score).

I wouldn't worry too much about this change. If do well on the essay and do well on the scored part of the test, you should be fine.

Hi mohater ,
Even i am confused to go for gmat before the change or after. It depends on my level of preparations and the score that i will be getting in the Practice Cats.

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

Re: old format or new one??   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2012, 05:55